Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

2 hours ago, Wookie said:

At the risk of sounding like your dad it's really pathetic that Aguero still can't speak English after living here for 6 years. Comparatively Conte couldn't speak english before taking the Chelsea job and know he's practically fluent.

Marvellous.

21 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Said this before..is Fellaini possibly the biggest con of all? How on earth has he ever become a pro footballer, let alone play for Man Utd?

Personally I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as people make out. Is a compliment to him that he's been played as much as he has by both Mourinho and LVG, two of the worlds best managers

5 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Personally I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as people make out. Is a compliment to him that he's been played as much as he has by both Mourinho and LVG, two of the worlds best managers

To be fair, you are quite right. He's always favoured by his managers, including for the national team. 

And they know more than I do. 

But I never see much of anything in Fellaini. He's slow, he's not skillful, he don't score many. He's just good in the air.

10 hours ago, MarshallForEngland said:

Think the ref has got it spot on tonight. He hasn't bought any of the dives in the box, he's been firm but fair with the players, and he hasn't played to the home crowd. He's really let the game flow as well. 

Agreed, he had a great game. I saw a tweet during the game suggesting that as Clattenburg has gone Atkinson is now our top referee, and based on that performance I don't think you can really disagree. 

9 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Is anyone bricking it just a little that we could still go down? It'd be bloody difficult I know.

It is on my mind, but not bricking it yet. A win against West Brom and we're safe for the season, but it would be the most Leicester thing ever to get relegated in some ridiculous fashion.

Worst case scenario being Spurs beat us on the final day to win the league and send us down :sick:

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

It is on my mind, but not bricking it yet. A win against West Brom and we're safe for the season, but it would be the most Leicester thing ever to get relegated in some ridiculous fashion.

Worst case scenario being Spurs beat us on the final day to win the league and send us down :sick:

Spurs might be busy playing at Hull on the final day, and we already have Bournemouth to contend with.

15 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Nightmare scenario.... 

Spuds bottle it and lose to Hull, we get beat at home to Bournemouth and are relegated... 

(Awaits the abuse)... 

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Is anyone bricking it just a little that we could still go down? It'd be bloody difficult I know.

Not yet, though tomorrow will be the kicker. A poor performance and loss away to WBA would set me running worried. With tomorrow, Watford and Bournemouth in the final five, we should find the 3/4 points we need to finish the job. Put it this way, if we go down from this position with three winnable games in your final five matches, we'd deserve to be relegated!

I am reading through some comments on reddit, and so many people are saying Aguero 'played Fellaini'. I don't get it. Aguero moves in aggressively, and then Fellaini moves his head forward and headbutts him (however soft). All he had to do was stand still and ignore him. Aguero didn't 'play' Fellaini, as that implies that Aguero had a plan to have a much taller man lower his head and headbutt him. You can't plan for that. I am sure Aguero wanted some agro, and some pushing and shoving, but that wouldn't have been a red.

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

To be fair, you are quite right. He's always favoured by his managers, including for the national team. 

And they know more than I do. 

But I never see much of anything in Fellaini. He's slow, he's not skillful, he don't score many. He's just good in the air.

Tbf, it depends how Fellaini is used. Everton used to play him just behind the striker and played very direct to him. He got his fair share of goals. If you play him like Man Utd do as a more deep lying midfielder you won't get the benefit of that. He's great at holding the ball up and bringing his teammates into play, not so good in the thick of it in midfield where all the play is in front of him and he has less time on the ball. He's another case of a big team buying a player from a club and not knowing why and not using him in the same way to get the effectiveness from him.

6 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Nightmare scenario.... 

Spuds bottle it and lose to Hull, we get beat at home to Bournemouth and are relegated... 

(Awaits the abuse)... 

Won't matter because the third relegation place will be decided by then.

Archived