Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

Considering Barton is surely a multi millionaire, being paid tens of thousands a week-why has he been risking gambling £2/£5 stakes? Surely even if they all won it would hardly make a difference to him. I just don't see the incentive for a millionaire to be betting £2 on a football match. 

Odd.

2 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

Considering Barton is surely a multi millionaire, being paid tens of thousands a week-why has he been risking gambling £2/£5 stakes? Surely even if they all won it would hardly make a difference to him. I just don't see the incentive for a millionaire to be betting £2 on a football match. 

Odd.

He explains it in his statement 

3 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

He explains it in his statement 

So he does.....that'll teach me for not reading the full thing. So in essence his argument is that he has an addiction. 

Whatever the reason 18 months does seem excessive; particularly when there is no links to any kind of match fixing. 

1 minute ago, rn9013 said:

So he does.....that'll teach me for not reading the full thing. So in essence his argument is that he has an addiction. 

Whatever the reason 18 months does seem excessive; particularly when there is no links to any kind of match fixing. 

Yeah it does seem like addiction being around the same age as him, the things he says about bets on the grand national and doing the pools ring true to me and I'm sure there were many families doing the same 

I think Barton is a victim of his own awful reputation. His statement reads well and, in itself, makes lots of sense. But it comes on the back of doing stupid fookin things for over a decade. If the authorities have taken a harsher stance on him than they may have done on others, it's hardly surprising. They are probably sick to death of him.

The bans for elbows, leg breaks, stamps etc are a handful of games. Bet on yourself to be first goalscorer? 18 months lol

Every premier league club probably has an "official betting partner" so for Barton to be banned for a such a lengthy amount of time is harsh.

If he is addicted to gambling, then he is certainly not a typical gambling addict, typically in desperate financial trouble, normally as a result of gambling and can't see any way out of it or chasing the thrill of a high stakes bet.

His bets, specifically the size of stake compared to his wealth and frequency are more the sign of someone bored and not a gambling addict, 15000 bets over 13 years for a few quid each time is not the sign of an addict. It is like doing 3 shots of beer a day and calling yourself an alcoholic.

Unless there is a new sort of gambling addiction the symptoms of which can easily be confused with the actions of a bored man child with too much money and too much time on his hands and total lack of respect for authority, then I feel he is taking a serious issue and trivialising it to try and defend himself.

Pretty sure no other gambling addict has this mindset:

Betting for me, is less about how much money I win or lose, and more about whether I can correctly predict the outcome of the game I’m watching. I hate losing more than I like winning, and this mindset has helped prevent me from placing big bets, for fear of losing big.

Barton is full of shit, he knew exactly what he was doing, he knew it was against the rules and he didn't care, he got caught and I'm glad they punished him severely the only downside of his enforced early retirement is we will see more of his rat face on TV spouting his pseudo intellectual drivel. He tries to portray himself as more intelligent than your average footballer, but he constantly does unbelievably moronic things.

He does have a point about about how betting is ingrained in our sporting culture but that has been obvious for years to anyone with half a brain and a passing interest in sport.

9 hours ago, sylofox said:

And people think we can't do top six next season. The only reason we missed out is 25 games of poor tactics. The man city game said we could do it without Kante.

The whole league is so much stronger now than it used to be. The big boys are not getting such an easy ride now.

Roll on next season and getting back in amongst the fvckers and roughing them up again. Let's start tonight and show our intensions by fvcking up arsenil

Abso-Fukin-lutely 

24 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

They beat us 

9 years ago Derby beat Newcastle (who finished 12th) and ended in 11 points. So what's your point?

This season Sunderland have beat Bournemouth, Hull and Watford. They also spanked Palace 4-0, who've gone on to beat Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool in recent weeks. And yet Sunderland still sit bottom on 21 points. All the games including ours were one off games. By the seasons end we'll have roughly twice as many points as Sunderland, they are shit.

Crystal Palace boss Sam Allardyce fears on-loan Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho has suffered knee ligament damage after he was carried off against Tottenham on Wednesday.

Sakho fell awkwardly after challenging Spurs striker Harry Kane for the ball in the second half of the 1-0 defeat.

The 27-year-old joined Palace in January, signing on loan until the end of the season.

"It looks like ligament trouble for Mama," said Allardyce.

"We certainly hope it's not the cruciate but it could be the medial or the lateral.

"It certainly looks like a hyper-extension of the knee and we wait and see what the scan shows."

Spurs fan attacks fellow supporter in 'Chelsea mix-up'

1 hour ago

Image copyrightMETROPOLITAN POLICE

Image captionMichael Voller used to work for Tottenham Hotspur as a gardener

Doctors fear a Tottenham Hotspur fan could be left with permanent damage to his eyesight following an attack by a fellow Spurs supporter - who police believe mistook him for a Chelsea fan.

Michael Voller was assaulted after his team's FA Cup semi-final defeat by Chelsea on Saturday at Wembley.

He was set upon after the match outside an Indian restaurant near the stadium.

He was punched in the face and suffered a broken skull and damage to his cheekbone and eye-socket.

Mr Voller had been walking with a group of friends past Moore Spice Indian restaurant on Engineers Way at about 19:30 BST, The Met Police said.

'Do the right thing'

"It is believed that one of the group has then mistaken Michael for a rival Chelsea supporter and punched him in the face, leaving him injured," the force said.

The 23-year-old, who had previously worked as a gardener at the north London club's training ground, has been discharged from hospital but doctors said they were concerned there may be lasting damage to his eyesight.

Det Con James Robb described it as a "violent and unprovoked assault".

He said: "This kind of violence has absolutely no place at a football match, and I sincerely hope that those who were with the person responsible do the right thing by Michael, who is a fellow supporter and has supported Tottenham since he was a young boy."

The suspect is described as a white man, aged in his early 20s and approximately 5ft 10ins tall. He was wearing a black hooded top or jacket.

Well if it was just a case of mistaken identity that's all right then.

14 hours ago, Tuna said:

Sunderland must surely be one of the worse ever premier league teams.

Disgusted we actually managed to contrive to lose to the useless twats.

I think you have to stretch it out over a number of years too. Since they came back 10 years ago they have been utter guff.

- Positions since returning: 15,16,13,10,13,17,14,16,17, 20 (<assumption)

- Never got above 47 points in a season
- Never had a positive goal difference
- Have gone through nine managers

They've been like a stench that's hung around far too long with their great escapes. I'm delighted I won't have to go up there again next season too.

Archived