Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Transfer Talk: Vent and Rage Thread

I didint know where to put this and didint feel like making a thread about it but i am worried about the community shield; i have a feeling we are going to get slaughtered by Mourinho and it will set the tone for the start of our season.

Hmmm, your negativity kind of confirms what katieakita is saying in the post above. What is wrong with some people?

So with player after player leaving according to the gutter press so they can play in the champions league if not next season but the one after, could the scenario be that if we don't get through the group stages of the Champions League or progress very far could England lose one of their 4 places in the champions league therefore only allowing 3 English teams in it in 2017/18. Would be justice on the likes of Chelsea, Man C, Man Utd and Arsenal etc trying to buy success.

In all honestly, the transfer market is at its peak right now, crazy amounts, it has to crash at some point...?

Yea, when Sky's fcukimg satellites fall out of the sky......but until then it'll get progressively worse, hard to believe this, but they'll even be billionaire owners buying football clubs  :whistle:

Our players are starting to look like a rock band that have suddenly shot to fame. But the price of success is that the members start to think they are better than others and want either a bigger slice of the pie or more prominence.

So the band breaks up so that each can do his own thing.

But what they didn't realise was that their combined talent was far greater than the sum of the parts, and each was hardly heard of again.

Everton can **** right off with their new found money. They're a shit club and always will be.

I hope Walsh doesn't sell his soul to the devil but it seems highly likely.

If Kasper goes there he will live to regret it. They will always be second best to (a shit) Liverpool and be generally disregarded as a meaningful Premier league team.

At least we made history.

PS. If they wanna go, **** 'em, let them go.They will continue to live on the glory days at Leicester.

When we were desperately trying to get across the line for the title I said to myself if we could see it through I'd die happy and never ask for anything in football again. I'd happily have given all of our 'star' players just for that glory. It's possible it was a once in a lifetime thing and something that can never be taken away.

I'm obviously sad that Kante has gone and potentially others following him... but I can't get angry about it; it can't detract from what we all experienced last season, something that very few of us ever expected in our lifetimes. Whatever happens, happens. Whoever goes, goes! Leicester 'til I die.

I can't say I'm not extremely disappointed that Kante decided to leave us for a PL rival, but you're absolutely right.

I know I'm being greedy wanting for anything more from the club after the season we've just had. Often last season, I'd think about how it's such a shame that my late, Leicester-mad grandad couldn't witness what was happening, and how lucky all current fans are. Anyone who passed away before 2015 missed us being the best club in the UK, and anyone born a few years ago will be too young to remember it, and it might not happen again in their lifetimes. We shouldn't forget that we could well be the privileged few.

I didint know where to put this and didint feel like making a thread about it but i am worried about the community shield; i have a feeling we are going to get slaughtered by Mourinho and it will set the tone for the start of our season. 

Could happen, but is there good reason to expect it? Mourinho was shite last season, as were Man Utd. We're the champs who walked the league in the end, and with only one major departure, we're a very stable club at the mo.

• 2 weeks later...

the day that people on twitter/the lad bible/the sun/arsenal fans realise that there is literally no chance that "*RANDOM BRAND* HAVE ACCIDENTALLY LEAKED POGBA, HIGUAIN, MAHREZ AND RONALDO TO ARSENAL!!!" is going to be a good day 

Ulloa is our number one striker right now and I feel like some people don't understand there is a very real possibility he will be our starting center forward against Hull. Okazaki has never been one to get in the dangerous areas or create by touching the ball for that matter. We've only seen Musa play for a few minutes and as it hasn't been particularly eye opening, I don't understand how people that he's going to jump the line.

I also don't think 433 is on our future. We played 442 with Gray as second striker before going 433. We also played 442 with Leo and Okazaki up top again.

Claudio has been trying every combination of forwards and midfielders. I don't think some people realize this either.

The biggest problem we had in the first half against PSG was no cohesion between the attackers, midfielders, defenders, and Kasper. Ulloa, Schlupp and Mahrez were all equally isolated due to this yet there is only one person being blamed for this and for no good reason. Obviously I omitted Okazaki because I don't have any expectation for him to create. His number one skill is shielding the ball and hoping he gets kicked in the shin. The first 15 minutes of the second half with Drinkwater galvanizing the squad, Fuchs playing out the back, and link up play between Gray, Albrighton, Ulloa, and even Musa we looked the best we did all game. We're going to have to rely on the 4 top players working together to find goals in open play. Best to get used to that.

I also thought Albrighton played amazingly well with a tremendous amount of determination on Saturday night. Twice the output wasn't there when he passed the ball back and obviously the shot was no the best but I rate taking shots in the in box higher than not being able to shoot at all.

Mahrez has a chronic problem of wanting to take people on with finesse. His works against him at times when it becomes 2 defenders and not one and he's trying to beat them from a standstill. That's why I love Gray. He can finesse it, use his pace, or find the pass. Mahrez's has tunnel vision.

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Ulloa is our number one striker right now and I feel like some people don't understand there is a very real possibility he will be our starting center forward against Hull. Okazaki has never been one to get in the dangerous areas or create by touching the ball for that matter. We've only seen Musa play for a few minutes and as it hasn't been particularly eye opening, I don't understand how people that he's going to jump the line.

I also don't think 433 is on our future. We played 442 with Gray as second striker before going 433. We also played 442 with Leo and Okazaki up top again.

Claudio has been trying every combination of forwards and midfielders. I don't think some people realize this either.

The biggest problem we had in the first half against PSG was no cohesion between the attackers, midfielders, defenders, and Kasper. Ulloa, Schlupp and Mahrez were all equally isolated due to this yet there is only one person being blamed for this and for no good reason. Obviously I omitted Okazaki because I don't have any expectation for him to create. His number one skill is shielding the ball and hoping he gets kicked in the shin. The first 15 minutes of the second half with Drinkwater galvanizing the squad, Fuchs playing out the back, and link up play between Gray, Albrighton, Ulloa, and even Musa we looked the best we did all game. That's how we're going to have to play without Vardy as of now.

Mahrez has a chronic problem of wanting to take people on with finesse. His works against him at times when it becomes 2 defenders and not one and he's trying to beat them from a standstill. That's why I love Gray. He can finesse it, use his pace, or find the pass. Mahrez's has tunnel vision.

I'll take Mahrez 'tunnel vision' over Gray any day pal lol

I hope the team is not too disturbed by the rumours. Bring on 1 Sept so it can all calm down!

I cannot recall the time when I was so nervous of the start of the season. Previously I just wanted to stay up with a safety margin. Now I have higher expectations of European qualification. Anything less will seem disappointing.

Last season is going to be a tough act to follow.

This Mahrez rumours are becoming a joke, if it true that Arsenal have tapped him up, this is against Premier Leauge rules and they should be punished. But as we are only little old Leicester City that's ok! If we do give in to pressure then we should ask £65 mil for him......his true worth anything less would be 'daylight robbery'

Rant over!!!!!

1 hour ago, bigboy said:

This Mahrez rumours are becoming a joke, if it true that Arsenal have tapped him up, this is against Premier Leauge rules and they should be punished. But as we are only little old Leicester City that's ok! If we do give in to pressure then we should ask £65 mil for him......his true worth anything less would be 'daylight robbery'

Rant over!!!!!

Arsenal are upping there bid for Lacazette from £30m. So I would imagine they're next offer will be £35-£40m, I personally can't see Lyon turning that down so I think they'll accept the offer & I really can't see Wenger splashing around £80m on 2 attackers bearing in mind who they already have.

My point is I can't see Mahrez going anywhere! 

Archived