Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

2016/17 Football League Championship

Just now, MC Prussian said:

Cardiff have signed a couple of free agents lately: Sol Bamba, Marouane Chamakh and Junior Hoilett - plus goalkeeper Brian Murphy.

I think this is going to end in tears.

Did you see Sol Bamba's comment? 

"I've always wanted to work with this gaffer so when the chance arose I jumped at it"

4 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Cardiff have signed a couple of free agents lately: Sol Bamba, Marouane Chamakh and Junior Hoilett - plus goalkeeper Brian Murphy.

I think this is going to end in tears.

Hoilett ruined his career by going to QPR, he was quite promising when at Blackburn.

Bruce is a good appointment for Villa, regardless of his Birmingham connection. Give him time he'll sort them out.

Likewise McLaren. He guided them from near the bottom to a play off final defeat last time and I wouldn't put it past him to do it again. 

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Who else is 'decent' though? Proven at that level?

Bruce I agree but he's already been having talks with Villa. Other than that who else springs to mind first?

Warnock was available at one point just before he went to Cardiff, I think the big problem for Derby was suspending Pearson they should have just sacked him there and then. I mean Pearson was suspended for what two weeks? in that time they could have gone for the likes of Warnock and Bruce. 

3 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Warnock was available at one point just before he went to Cardiff, I think the big problem for Derby was suspending Pearson they should have just sacked him there and then. I mean Pearson was suspended for what two weeks? in that time they could have gone for the likes of Warnock and Bruce. 

Agree suspending him for so long was strange.

Guest FriendlyRam

Morris goes from one extreme to the next though, the bloke imo doesn't know what he wants never mind being able to implement anything, you've got to know what you want before implementing it

Gone from head coach to manager back to head coach.... its crazy, I really don't know where he's taking us but it ain't the premiership judging by his time here up to now.

I'm willing to give McClaren a chance, will get behind the team and hopefully he can get them playing how we did the first season he was here (2013/14), but we've no longer got Martin, and without him last time (under McClaren) we became so bad it resulted in us missing out on the playoffs in 2014/15, despite being 5 points clear at the top with 14 to play, and being about 15 points clear of 7th at the time as well, and that was McClaren's doing... lol:( 

I think it's a riskier appointment than the first time three years ago. Back then you were a mid-table side with Clough and not spending big money, now you've had play-offs and near misses and spent plenty on hiring and firing managers as well as the squad. 

McClaren too still had some sort of ok reputation despite the England reign, the title with Twente was still quite fresh and he was getting rave reviews at QPR. Now he's joining on the back of a truly dreadful 12 months between the Marches and he didn't end well at Derby before. You could be struggling for a little while longer.

Guest FriendlyRam

Agree. different set of circumstances this time around, like you say last time we were not spending money and we had become used to being mid table canon fodder, no expectations at all really and he came in with no pressure and was actually motivated as well.. this time he might be less so, and with a club that is now becoming fragmented and tired, with an owner that is not exactly patient lol

I've never understood why Steve McLaren gets these jobs. The word that springs to mind when I think of him is "fraud" for some reason. I see him as a serial bottler and full of BS and I'll be surprised if he wins over the Derby fans and players. One of the most overrated Managers I can think of. No time for him really and would take Bruce or Warnock over him any day. Sorry Derby but I think you've fooked up again there. Would have loved to see Powell get the job but sadly it's not to be...

Archived