Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

2016/17 Football League Championship

2 hours ago, FriendlyRam said:

He's lucky that mcclaren has managed to turn it around and get us away from the drop zone, luckily for morris mcclaren gets the best out of the players that were here before he left (ince and bent).. what makes it puzzling is why mac wanted to go to Newcastle when with us he was well liked and the club was just perfect for him, instead choosing a club in Newcastle that hated him because he failed with England (no one is ever going to do f all with that shower anyway), and are a club that have a big opinion of themselves, demand cup runs and champions league football ffs

It still doesn't excuse the fact they downed tools under Clement and Pearson though, it also means if mac says one wrong word to them they could easily down tools under him as well, Pearson imo should have got more time still, I wont change my mind on that despite our upturn.

But mac seems to love it here and the fans on the whole love him (I still doubt him, he seems a bit of a money grabber to me but maybe he's learned his lesson now).. morris is still a trigger happy owner though so I wont hold my breath the moment we hit a bad patch again.

do you really not think that steve mclaren who could barely hold it together in the championship would turn down the chance to manage a side with 52k turing in every week in the division above?

On 20/11/2016 at 13:33, Matt said:

lol another Newcastle game on tv that i'm watching and another certain minute applause.

Must purely be coincidence but it seems every game I watch that includes Newcastle or Villa must have a minute applause in a certain minute.

It's for Gary Speed, 5 years next week. I guess they've done it this week because he played for both Leeds and Newcastle, although I dare say they'll do it next week aswell.

I know Newcastle always do a minutes applause for the 2 lads that died in the MH370 plane crash.

Guest FriendlyRam
14 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

do you really not think that steve mclaren who could barely hold it together in the championship would turn down the chance to manage a side with 52k turing in every week in the division above?

It was for money imo

But he's not short of a few bob anyway and going there was never going to work out, ourselves and Newcastle said that before he got the job. plus he had us top at the time of the rumours coming out and a lot think that played some part in our collapse, but we did lose our main 3 players in Thorne/Eustace (we always needed that DM player to protect our back 4) and Martin at a crucial time, and we never had that good of a defence either, despite the clean sheet record we always looked "soft" at the back and losing our main Defensive Midfielders in Thorne and Eustace really capitulated that back 4, it was a horror show lol.

Maybe he couldn't turn it down but to have us top of the championship only to flirt with a club that at the time was in the bottom 3 of the prem was pretty stupid imo, he should have kept his gob shut on it and left in the summer if he wanted to go. Still, if he gets us up within the next 2 seasons all will be forgotten as fickle as we are as football fans, some have already forgiven him after our good start under him.

Probably a good situation for him and Rotherham. Club is destined to go down anyway so it gives him time to assess everyone and where to improve and then go again.

I get the impression theyre probably realistic with their expectations too and understand that theyre in there with the likes of Burton punching above their weight and that should afford him some time to make a difference there.

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Now tell me if I'm wrong but I'm sure new ruling came in for this season to do with double and treble jeopardy? How was the second a red card? 

That's exactly what I thought.

Although judging by the first half, the referee must have a Forest shirt underneath so I think he's making it up as he goes along.

I'm absolutely disgusted at these commentators for not calling Lansbury out for his play acting.

The media have a massive affect on the game and they need to start lambasting players for that sort of thing. They kept seeing the replay and pretty much swept it under the carpet.

No doubt Shelvey had to go but pretending you're hurt disgraces the game more than anything else.

Guest FriendlyRam

Forest fans had the nerve to celebrate that like they've won the league lol 

A stick ya leg out leveller and a deflected own goal against 9 men... after doing next to nothing against the said 9 men for most of the 2nd half

dear oh dear Forest

Guest FriendlyRam

When you guys said this league is pants.... I don't think your wrong tbh lol 

Newcastle actually merited a point with 9 men ffs, shows how bad this league is.

Still.. the ref will be getting well treated in the restaurant in Nottingam tonight lol 

14 hours ago, Ashley said:

Now tell me if I'm wrong but I'm sure new ruling came in for this season to do with double and treble jeopardy? How was the second a red card? 

It only comes into effect if you make an attempt for the ball. So in last nights case of a 'push', that can be seen as making no attempt at the ball, therefore it's a red card.

7 minutes ago, Lionator said:

It only comes into effect if you make an attempt for the ball. So in last nights case of a 'push', that can be seen as making no attempt at the ball, therefore it's a red card.

Well that's horse shit. It's a joke of a rule 

Archived