Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Houses

1 minute ago, FoyleFox said:

The removal people were a man down so were behind with the removals on day 2. We advised our agent to delay the key handover by a couple of hours. Buyers arrived at the original scheduled time, went ballistic and spent the next 2 hours being aggressive and abusive to us. Threatening us and following us around the house. So no guilt about those bins :whistle:

Happily back here now. Just initiated operation renovation :D

It’s a stressful day so I can understand being pissed off but no need for that.

Nice one mate, glad you managed to get back.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

It’s a stressful day so I can understand being pissed off but no need for that.

Nice one mate, glad you managed to get back.

Certainly was. I mean, we weren't best pleased by the delay either given we'd a 2 hour drive to Belfast and a ferry to catch! We did keep pointing out they were actually causing further delay to proceedings. We got there, well got here actually, in the end. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Cheers made a bit of a mess tonight cooking some fish on the wire rack so gave it a bit of a clean. Also stuff like notifying people like DVLA on change of address can I do that once in the new house? Sorry about all the questions I prob should’ve thought about this shit earlier.

Make sure you change both driving licence and your V5C certificate.  I did a form to change my driving licence and assumed that everything else would get updated as it would have been on the same database.   However I ended up being threatened with baliffs as I had an unpaid fine which was posted to my old address registered on V5C certificate. 

Edited by The Blur

Queries are taking an age - the management agent for our leasehold is ignoring us, our solicitor, the buyer, tbe buyers solicitor and the estaye agent - and this is a national firm.

The queries with them would surely be ones they are asked rather regularly, pain in the arse this as I'm currently paying two lots of bills since renting.

Edited by Nalis

11 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

The removal people were a man down so were behind with the removals on day 2. We advised our agent to delay the key handover by a couple of hours. Buyers arrived at the original scheduled time, went ballistic and spent the next 2 hours being aggressive and abusive to us. Threatening us and following us around the house. We weren't sat having dinner lol, all packed, just a case of loading the lorry with the final boxes and stuff. 

So no guilt about those bins :whistle:

Happily back here now. Just initiated operation renovation :D

****ing willy pullers, shocking that!

Think I'll be moving in 'properly' at the end of next week, just gotta build all my furniture. Gonna have Sunday in bed hanging after a proper sesh in London (Comm Shield), probably the last time my mum will nurse me back to health with crumpets and tea after a booze :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Queries are taking an age - the management agent for our leasehold is ignoring us, our solicitor, the buyer, tbe buyers solicitor and the estaye agent - and this is a national firm.

The queries with them would surely be ones they are asked rather regularly, pain in the arse this as I'm currently paying two lots of bills since renting.

We’re in a freehold …. With a management company on site. 

Ours is the same (Mainstay) and they’re not responding to anything, from anyone. 

14 minutes ago, Sly said:

We’re in a freehold …. With a management company on site. 

Ours is the same (Mainstay) and they’re not responding to anything, from anyone. 

It's ridiculous isnt it? I know buyer queries are low on their priority list as it takes away from their core business focus of ripping people off while doing fvck all maintenance but they should have some accountability in the process, we're spending well over a grand a month in mortgage and bills at the minute than we need to.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

Got a situation which is not ideal. 
Had a pain in the ass first time buyer trying to knock £10,000 off asking price because of the roof on the survey and a few other little things , got a quote of £5,900 to replace roof and sort issues. Some small evidence of woodworm was spotted on a joist which I know is very old and not an issue. Counter offered to take £6000 off price which I thought was fair but I think it’s going to be a non deal by tomorrow. 
problem is we now need another buyer quickly as I don’t want to annoy our seller and loose our dream house , we sold the house in 2 weeks and had a bidding war with 15 people and some cash buyers were in there so I’m hoping to get a cash buyer involved. 
big question is can the new buyer do a deal to get all the searches off the old buyers solicitors so we can speed up the process and not annoy our house seller ? Really worried they might be annoyed if they hear we’re looking for a new buyer. 

1 hour ago, grth2004 said:

Got a situation which is not ideal. 
Had a pain in the ass first time buyer trying to knock £10,000 off asking price because of the roof on the survey and a few other little things , got a quote of £5,900 to replace roof and sort issues. Some small evidence of woodworm was spotted on a joist which I know is very old and not an issue. Counter offered to take £6000 off price which I thought was fair but I think it’s going to be a non deal by tomorrow. 
problem is we now need another buyer quickly as I don’t want to annoy our seller and loose our dream house , we sold the house in 2 weeks and had a bidding war with 15 people and some cash buyers were in there so I’m hoping to get a cash buyer involved. 
big question is can the new buyer do a deal to get all the searches off the old buyers solicitors so we can speed up the process and not annoy our house seller ? Really worried they might be annoyed if they hear we’re looking for a new buyer. 

They won’t want to blink either as they’re commuted with searches…. Depends on how much you want to pay hardball over £4k…?  (A lot of money by the way - it’s often forgotten in house moves, but, it’s real cash)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

They won’t want to blink either as they’re commuted with searches…. Depends on how much you want to pay hardball over £4k…?  (A lot of money by the way - it’s often forgotten in house moves, but, it’s real cash)

They seem a bit immature to be honest. They apparently asked if we would get the roof done instead of taking money off the sale , yeah like we’ve got time to get a builder in and get him to completely re roof the house before we move. 
tempted to sack them off and go back to a cash buyer we had bidding 

Edited by grth2004

4 minutes ago, Houdini Logic said:

I'm looking to put my house on the market and had two estate agents round today but tbh There's every chance I'm going to live in my current house forever as I just can't deal with them

In my experience of the last few weeks they are the busiest people working in the whole country to the point it takes a week to answer an email 

We put an offer in on a house a few weeks ago. It was the first offer we had ever made as first time buyers, and a house we really, really wanted. The price was offers over 200k. We offered 215k. Heard nothing for a week. Called the estate agent up and they said they'd get back to us. Another week goes by, same again. Looked yesterday morning and the listing says sold subject to contracts. Still nothing from the estate agents, I know obviously we didn't get it but would've been nice to have been told. ****ing shit *****.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kopic said:

We put an offer in on a house a few weeks ago. It was the first offer we had ever made as first time buyers, and a house we really, really wanted. The price was offers over 200k. We offered 215k. Heard nothing for a week. Called the estate agent up and they said they'd get back to us. Another week goes by, same again. Looked yesterday morning and the listing says sold subject to contracts. Still nothing from the estate agents, I know obviously we didn't get it but would've been nice to have been told. ****ing shit *****.

I feel your pain , the excuse would be how busy they are but surely an email isn’t that hard to fit into a days work , Estate Agents I’m dealing with seem to be unable to communicate. 
They definitely should of told you you weren’t the highest bidder. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, grth2004 said:

I feel your pain , the excuse would be how busy they are but surely an email isn’t that hard to fit into a days work , Estate Agents I’m dealing with seem to be unable to communicate. 
They definitely should of told you you weren’t the highest bidder. 

I can understand them being busy but it's the biggest decision we'll make in our life and it's been proper shit. They even forced us to use their in house mortgage broker in order to get a viewing. We haven't given them any money though so they're going in the bin as well. It feels even more shit as whilst all this was going on, we viewed another house on a Tuesday, were told all offers had to be in by 4pm Thursday and were informed by phone call Friday morning we weren't successful. As you said even an email would've been nice.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kopic said:

Don't get me started on EAs, 90% of them are absolute willy pullers. The one I managed to eventually buy from was the soundest of the lot (probably because I was buying from him though!). I'd say keep going, it gets easier, but it bloody doesn't, just got to keep it up and eventually you'll get somewhere.

I had the same situation as you, bids not responded too, blatant lies from EAs about why, corrupt *****.

• Like 1

Looked at a property in Valencia today. I really want a project and this would definitely be one, no electricity or water at the moment and you'd need to totally reconfigure the whole place but massive potential to be a great home for us. The neighborhood is up and coming but still a little ruff around the edges, which is the biggest gamble I think. Definitely needs further investigation

• Like 2