Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Houses

10 hours ago, Sly said:

So, we’re meant to be exchanging contracts this week and our buyer has sprung a load more queries on us. This is the third set of queries now. Our buyer has also picked up my wife’s email from the sales documentation and started emailing her directly.

All of our friends that have sold on our estate, haven’t had half the trouble we’ve had. 

I’ve fired an ultimatum to everyone this morning, as I’m somewhat annoyed with all the waiting around. If I’m not in my new house by the 27th August, I’ll be pulling out of the entire transaction. 

Our estate agent has always been about protecting our buyer as it took us 10 weeks to find someone, which has always annoyed me. Needless to say, they’ve not taken my comments well. 

I feel a bit of a **** for acting like this, however I’m beyond frustrated. 

*RANT OVER*

You're well within your rights.

It's poor form to spring additional queries at the 11th hour. Either they want the house or they don't. Now isn't the time to be making that decision, which ultimately is what the hesitancy comes down to.

Fear of loss might help from a psychological standpoint. 

If they drop out, they would have done anyway, and it won't be your fault for pushing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sly said:

So, we’re meant to be exchanging contracts this week and our buyer has sprung a load more queries on us. This is the third set of queries now. Our buyer has also picked up my wife’s email from the sales documentation and started emailing her directly.

All of our friends that have sold on our estate, haven’t had half the trouble we’ve had. 

I’ve fired an ultimatum to everyone this morning, as I’m somewhat annoyed with all the waiting around. If I’m not in my new house by the 27th August, I’ll be pulling out of the entire transaction. 

Our estate agent has always been about protecting our buyer as it took us 10 weeks to find someone, which has always annoyed me. Needless to say, they’ve not taken my comments well. 

*RANT OVER*

Perfectly understandable, especially as you get to the business end of exchange and completion. It's stressful, and you just want everything signed and binding.

A bit of straight talking will either spur them on to getting on with it or accelerate their cold feet, hopefully the former. Good luck :fc:

• Like 1

On 16/08/2021 at 12:36, Sly said:

*RANT OVER*

They weren’t first time buyers were they by any chance as we had a similar issue over the last few weeks with a nervous couple who decided everything highlighted on the homebuyer survey was a major issue , there were a few issues but nothing unusual for a 100 year old house. Ended up knocking some money off but they wanted more , they gave in after we threatened to put it back on the market. 
now getting annoyed waiting for solicitors to sort a date out , I don’t understand why we can’t have a date when they admit they have all the docs and there’s no chain either end , I really have developed a hatred for solicitors after this. 

5 hours ago, grth2004 said:

They weren’t first time buyers were they by any chance as we had a similar issue over the last few weeks with a nervous couple who decided everything highlighted on the homebuyer survey was a major issue , there were a few issues but nothing unusual for a 100 year old house. Ended up knocking some money off but they wanted more , they gave in after we threatened to put it back on the market. 
now getting annoyed waiting for solicitors to sort a date out , I don’t understand why we can’t have a date when they admit they have all the docs and there’s no chain either end , I really have developed a hatred for solicitors after this. 

No chain.

Buying to move into ours then they’re going to rent out theirs. 

Ours house is only 5 years old, so should be simple. 

Solicitors and Estate Agents. They’ve all been telling me that they can’t get certain documents etc. Funnily enough, I’ve tried and managed to get stuff resolved in 24 hours, that was at the point of 3 weeks and counting for them.

• Like 1

On 16/08/2021 at 12:36, Sly said:

*RANT OVER*

I has a similar sort of thing when we moved about 10 years ago.

Buyer wanted this, that and the other.

Then on the penultimate day he said he wanted £500 extra off.

I said to the estate agent NO that's it, enough enough, tell the buyer I'm pulling out.

We would have lost the house we really wanted and my Mrs wasnt happy, but I'd basically had enough of the count.

We had a sleepless night and were proper fecked off...the estate agent rang first thing the next t morning  to say the buyer has retracted the extra £500 and wants to continue  the purchase...never heard a peep out the cont until completion day when he offered us extra time to move...told him he was a cheeky tw@t to his face....then drove off......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raj said:

I said to the estate agent NO that's it, enough enough, tell the buyer I'm pulling out.

We would have lost the house we really wanted and my Mrs wasnt happy, but I'd basically had enough of the count.

We had a sleepless night and were proper fecked off...the estate agent rang first thing the next t morning  to say the buyer has retracted the extra £500 and wants to continue  the purchase...never heard a peep out the cont until completion day when he offered us extra time to move...told him he was a cheeky tw@t to his face....then drove off......

I'd be tempted to increase the price if they try this with me!! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Raj said:

A couple of months after we accepted our buyers offer, they asked us to agree to complete by 30 June for the SD holiday. We could stay if we hadn't completed on our purchase and rent it back from them. We provisionally said yes (knowing full well it was a ridiculous plan) as long as they were paying the rates, insurance and covering all the maintenance costs etc. And the rent couldn't be higher than our £75pcm mortgage.  They didn't pursue the idea....sometimes you've just got to react to make the buyer act sensibly. Half the time they're just getting bad advice from friends and family, without knowing the full picture or implications.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Is it a nice place to live? How do you not spend a fortune on queens road every weekend? And to contradict that last 1, any tips on good lesser known places to check out in the area 

I moved out of Stoneygate last month. It’s a lovely place to live and it made me feel middle class by being there lol.

Allandale Rd / Francis St are definitely worth a look. Allandale Rd has the Classroom which is a microbrewery/pub with guest cask & keg ales and has a host of regulars and I always found the owners friendly. There’s another pub that’s opened up called Allandale Bar but it seems a bit characterless. 

Tbh I wasn’t impressed by the restaurants, but there’s a new place called Seoul Bowl which looks like another Grounded Kitchen. Never got to try it. 

Being so close to town, the options on Uber Eats are great compared to where I am now. 

You’re about 15 mins walk away from the Craddock and 30 mins walk to our ground. Easy to get over to London Road too. 

Mostly, I’d recommend a wander up to the Cow & Plough at Stoughton Grange. Probably 25 min walk but it’s my favourite pub. 

31 minutes ago, grth2004 said:

Anyone have any dealings with FENSA certs for windows , had some fitted a couple of years ago with a cert but can’t find any fensa details and buyers solicitors asking for them 

Send your solicitor the following link to pass on:

https://forms.fensa.org.uk/fensa-certificate

Check if your listed on it.

If the buyer really wants the certs they can buy it themselves, I'm actually amazed they ask for a copy rather than just getting a copy.

We had the same query from our buyer and thats what we did.

Edited by Nalis
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Send your solicitor the following link to pass on:

https://forms.fensa.org.uk/fensa-certificate

Check if your listed on it.

If the buyer really wants the certs they can buy it themselves, I'm actually amazed they ask for a copy rather than just getting a copy.

We had the same query from our buyer and thats what we did.

Just searched and it says we have no records which is worrying, I’ll have to ring the window company in the morning and see what they say 

4 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Is it a nice place to live? How do you not spend a fortune on queens road every weekend? And to contradict that last 1, any tips on good lesser known places to check out in the area 

Basically a lot of what @RonnieTodger said!

Your main haunts will be Allandale Road and Queens Road

Allandale Road - classroom (my son works there ). Great for real Ale and the like

The Italian and Turkish restaurants are ok too

Nice cafes as well

Queens Road - I like skylark bakery for a great sandwich and coffee 

@murphy and I just had a nice pint in Babelas tonight (if real ale is your thing)

There’s a record shop on Montague Road….

Halcyon does good breakfast and wood fired pizza

Just mooching round the shops  is nice…

A good day for me is taking my dogs for a walk to a nice cafe and buying an overpriced Americano and then walking back  looking at all the nice old buildings up and down all the various roads… 

You’ll enjoy it I’m sure…. I like it round here.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, grth2004 said:

Anyone have any dealings with FENSA certs for windows , had some fitted a couple of years ago with a cert but can’t find any fensa details and buyers solicitors asking for them 

We had this with our sale a few months ago. Stupidly, I said that we’d had windows fitted since we’d lived in the house. We didn’t have a FENSA approved person fit the windows - cost us £235 in some odd insurance thing arranged by the solicitors. I assume it is one their standard stocking filler add-ones. 

Not a huge amount in the grand scheme of things, but annoying nevertheless. In future I’ll just say that all windows were already here when we moved in. 

You can try to get the certs via FENSA, or pay the insurance that we paid - effectively insuring against the windows leaking at some point in the future. 

21 hours ago, Milo said:

We had this with our sale a few months ago. Stupidly, I said that we’d had windows fitted since we’d lived in the house. We didn’t have a FENSA approved person fit the windows - cost us £235 in some odd insurance thing arranged by the solicitors. I assume it is one their standard stocking filler add-ones. 

Not a huge amount in the grand scheme of things, but annoying nevertheless. In future I’ll just say that all windows were already here when we moved in. 

You can try to get the certs via FENSA, or pay the insurance that we paid - effectively insuring against the windows leaking at some point in the future. 

Turns out we have a CERTAS cert which is the same thing apparently so hopefully that solves it for us. 
so many stupid certs I’m never moving again 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Allandale Road - classroom (my son works there ). Great for real Ale and the like

Nice cafes as well

@murphy and I just had a nice pint in Babelas tonight (if real ale is your thing)

A good day for me is taking my dogs for a walk to a nice cafe and buying an overpriced Americano and then walking back  looking at all the nice old buildings up and down all the various roads… 

I really like Anatolia, never had a bad meal there, quality is consistently good. 

Is that gin bar still there? That was good, although stupidly expensive. 

9 hours ago, grth2004 said:

Turns out we have a CERTAS cert which is the same thing apparently so hopefully that solves it for us. 

Ha exactly how I feel! Good you got it sorted.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, danny. said:

I really like Anatolia, never had a bad meal there, quality is consistently good. 

Is that gin bar still there? That was good, although stupidly expensive. 

The Classroom?  Does real ale and fancy gin…

Yeah!  My son works there!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, grth2004 said:

Purchased a flat in London last December. Solicitors kept telling me that there was no cert for the windows, or part P cert for the electrical mods. I told them not to worry as i knew the vendor personally as i had been renting this property for the last 6 years to use a crash pad whilst working down there and i knew everything was sound and that she had the certs somewhere. I also politely informed them that as the electrical work was more than 5 years old and the windows more then 10, then these certs were not required. Every time i rang to enquire on progress they kept coming back to this as an excuse as to why they had done f**k all.

Solicitors are the biggest pain in the whole process. this mob took 4 months to complete a straight forward purchase. I knew the vendor personally, had agreed a price, no estate agents, no mortgage, etc and yet they still dragged it out. They even told me that it was due to not being able to get search results back from the LA due to covid. when i rang the planning dept of the local borough they told me they had turned it round in 14 days and that the report had been sent four weeks previously.  Never answered e-mails or phone calls and i did everything myself in respect of ironing out any issues over the leasehold with the vendor and their solicitors. In the end i had to threaten them with getting another solicitor to do the work, contra charging them for any costs above their original quote and reporting them to the ombudsman before they did anything. To cap it all off, on completion day, despite my asking on several occasions to let me have a breakdown of monies due and payment dates etc, they told me that they could not complete as i still owed them £135 for the land registry fee (which they did not actually submit i consequently found out until a few weeks ago, when i needed a copy of the registry entry for tax planning purposes).

I have vowed that if i am ever selling, i will make it clear to any prospective buyers that their offer will  not be accepted if they are using this firm.

• Like 1

On 19/08/2021 at 00:44, Wolfox said:

Nice cafes as well

Babalas was my local for 11 years. Had so many good night's in there and met some great people who became really good friends.

• Like 2