Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Houses

24 minutes ago, grth2004 said:

Spent most of my life in Ashby great place , now in Nottingham but miss it. Have fun down the White Hart best place for a drink 🥃 

Yeah it’s a great place. Will be going down to the white hart tomorrow for the game tomorrow.

20 minutes ago, Manini said:

What beer? Have you got the PD set up? 

Nah unfortunately no kegs in. Went to Brew in Ashby and picked up some decent cans. 

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Nalis said:

Fingers crossed!

How come it took so long?

Took a while to sell.

The first house we were buying, was pushed back and back.

Then gave up on it, so went and purchased another one 2 weeks and and it’s flown through. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Anyone ever had any issues getting a section 104 agreement? 

This seems to be the missing piece in the puzzle now and appears a nightmare to get my hands on one. 

I doubt there are many on here that have ever tried! We what are you trying to do?

1 hour ago, Sly said:

This seems to be the missing piece in the puzzle now and appears a nightmare to get my hands on one. 

We had to get two agreements, not 104's I think, and our solicitors took forever. Eventually we hounded the local councils (in our case Hinckley and Bosworth and then Leicestershire CC). Eventually we got what we needed. Worth a try maybe.

8 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

We had to get two agreements, not 104's I think, and our solicitors took forever. Eventually we hounded the local councils (in our case Hinckley and Bosworth and then Leicestershire CC). Eventually we got what we needed. Worth a try maybe.

I’ve messaged all of David Wilson Homes, Severn Trent and the Council this evening. 🤞🏻  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

It's the place where dreams are made. Moved here in Feb and absolutely love it. 

Yeah it is a great place to live has everything you need really. There are some great walks too from here, found a good one that goes all the way to Calke Abbey via the Tollgate brewery all off road.

12 hours ago, Sly said:

The solicitors who acted on the original purchase from the developer would be the best, or the developer themselves. I don't think the local authority usually hold copies, and Seven Trent may take a while. I'd expect there may be a fee of circa £40 too, if it comes direct from Severn Trent. 

If it's a fairly big development then your solicitor may even already have a copy if they acted on any of the plot purchases in the past. 

Just out of interest for those people who have recently sold and bought a house (not FTB's).

What is a ballpark figure for how much it cost for the whole process?

I'm looking to get my house on the market early 2022 (haven't sold a house before) and I'm wondering now how much I need to save before then for estate agents fees, stamp duty, conveyancing etc. Appreciate a lot of the costs come down to the value of the house your selling and buying but just wondering what other peoples opinions are on this? 

I did a quick jot down of estimated costs in my head and it came to about £13K, is that about right or overestimated (as it seems high to me lol)

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

Just out of interest for those people who have recently sold and bought a house (not FTB's).

I'm looking to get my house on the market early 2022 (haven't sold a house before) and I'm wondering now how much I need to save before then for estate agents fees, stamp duty, conveyancing etc. Appreciate a lot of the costs come down to the value of the house your selling and buying but just wondering what other peoples opinions are on this? 

I did a quick jot down of estimated costs in my head and it came to about £13K, is that about right or overestimated (as it seems high to me lol)

Mine with stamp duty is around £42,500. 

The price of owning additional property. 

2 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

Our Solicitors were £2800 - we did have two though,  one for buying and one for selling due to the houses being in different parts of the UK. The English solicitors charged a fixed fee for purchase of £1200

The estate agents were £950. Fixed fee with a local agent. I think most charge 1.5% of the sale price unless you go fixed fee with Purple Bricks.

We were lucky to complete during the stamp duty holiday but that's standard depending on your buying price. £300k house is £5k £4000k house you're up to £10k

Removals were £5000

Depending on your purchase price £13k may not be far out. Stamp duty eats up a lot of money for bugger all! 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

We are out of stamp duty range and only moving a mile up the road 

Solicitors  = £1700

Estate Agents = £1400

Mortgage Advisor = £300

Homebuyer survey = £400

Removals man and van £500

Don’t think we’re doing too bad on costs so far but maybe 🤔 I’ve missed something. 
Solicitors are the worst cost though as I’m sure I’ve done half the job I paid them for myself. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Our Solicitors were £2800 - we did have two though,  one for buying and one for selling due to the houses being in different parts of the UK. The English solicitors charged a fixed fee for purchase of £1200

The estate agents were £950. Fixed fee with a local agent. I think most charge 1.5% of the sale price unless you go fixed fee with Purple Bricks.

We were lucky to complete during the stamp duty holiday but that's standard depending on your buying price. £300k house is £5k £4000k house you're up to £10k

Removals were £5000

Depending on your purchase price £13k may not be far out. Stamp duty eats up a lot of money for bugger all! 

9 hours ago, grth2004 said:

We are out of stamp duty range and only moving a mile up the road 

Solicitors  = £1700

Estate Agents = £1400

Mortgage Advisor = £300

Homebuyer survey = £400

Removals man and van £500

Don’t think we’re doing too bad on costs so far but maybe 🤔 I’ve missed something. 
Solicitors are the worst cost though as I’m sure I’ve done half the job I paid them for myself. 

Thanks for the breakdown both!

I think I probably overestimated slightly on a couple of costs looking at yours, in particular estate agents as I hadn't considered the fixed price option! All in all I think I will need about £10K after reviewing them all which gives me something to aim for!

• Like 2

On 10/08/2021 at 18:28, FoyleFox said:

Removals were £5000

£5000 for removals?  What did that include as I think that's quite steep!  

Hang on- I think I have previous read that you have moved from NI if I am correct?

Edited by The Blur

36 minutes ago, The Blur said:

£5000 for removals?  What did that include as I think that's quite steep!  

Hang on- I think I have previous read that you have moved from NI if I am correct?

We thought it was quite steep too but yes, not a standard house move,  it was for moving from NI to Leicester. It was a 5 day job to be fair. And we'd a lot of stuff - 12m lorry and overspill lorry :whistle:

The ferry is over £400 for a car so imagine the lorry cost was quite high. 

• Thanks 1

So, we’re meant to be exchanging contracts this week and our buyer has sprung a load more queries on us. This is the third set of queries now. Our buyer has also picked up my wife’s email from the sales documentation and started emailing her directly.

All of our friends that have sold on our estate, haven’t had half the trouble we’ve had. 

I’ve fired an ultimatum to everyone this morning, as I’m somewhat annoyed with all the waiting around. If I’m not in my new house by the 27th August, I’ll be pulling out of the entire transaction. 

Our estate agent has always been about protecting our buyer as it took us 10 weeks to find someone, which has always annoyed me. Needless to say, they’ve not taken my comments well. 

I feel a bit of a **** for acting like this, however I’m beyond frustrated. 

*RANT OVER*

• Like 1