Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Pub Quizzes

Anyone know of pubs that have regular quizzes? Until this year mand and my mates used to regularly go to a pub quiz, but the pub in question stopped (due to one regular team constantly complaining when anyone else won :rolleyes:) So we're looking for somewhere new

I've looked online but there doesn't seem to be a reliable website that gives this kind of info... the best I could find was one that listed 3 pubs in the whole of Leicestershire and I'm pretty sure that there's plenty more than that.

So can anyone recommend anywhere and what night they have their quizzes on?

Cheers! :beer:

The Phantom in Loughborough on Thursdays is great. Normally busy, decent host and it's one of those ones that uses a mobile app to enter answers, with bonus points for the fastest team, as well as a bit of variety with 50/50 rounds (where points can be lost, etc).

We've got a regular core of a team who goes with tag-alongs each week, and almost always come top 5/20 :D

There's also a badger bonus round with separate prizes. Which is so barmy its brilliant.

Plough in Ratby on a Sunday night & Tudor on tudor road Wednesday night.

Both good fun quizzes with small prize money to keep the "profesional quizzers" out.

At both pubs anyone caught cheating with their mobile is banned for life & strung up, in that order

3 minutes ago, Watson said:

Anyone been to one where you use your phone to answer? Much better and no possibility of cheating.

I go to the occasional quiz night and my brother in law always cheats on his phone. The prizes are usually crap anyway, what's the point?

32 minutes ago, Watson said:

Anyone been to one where you use your phone to answer? Much better and no possibility of cheating.

Like I said before, Phantom in Lboro does this. 

Works great, keeps the quiz moving quickly, scores are instantaneous (and can have a mid-way scores tally). 10 second time limit too so it's impossible to cheat (except on the picture round, but EVERYONE cheats on that...)

Better than any paper-based quiz I've done before.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Experienced a new concept in pub quizzes last night.

Quiz was £5 per person to enter so a bit steep but we had a go anyway.  Half way through the quiz the quiz master announced that there was a picture round that counted towards your total but it had to be purchased at an additional cost of £5.  Thought this was a bit off so didn't bother.

Anyone else been subject to a similar rip-off?

5 hours ago, Crinklyfox said:

Quiz was £5 per person to enter so a bit steep but we had a go anyway.  Half way through the quiz the quiz master announced that there was a picture round that counted towards your total but it had to be purchased at an additional cost of £5.  Thought this was a bit off so didn't bother.

What pub was this the Dick Turpin Inn lol 

7 hours ago, Crinklyfox said:

What the ****? 

Ive been to the last 3 quiz nights at The Railway Pub in Glenfield (on sunday 9pm). Good fun. Doesn't cost anything to play the quiz but you can buy raffle tickets. In between each round of the quiz (6 rounds) they draw a ticket which if you win you get to play 'Play your cards right' with a chance of winning £25.

They also have 'Find the Joker' Which they only play once. If your ticket is drawn you get to pick a card and whatever number it is you win that multiplied by £5. If you happen to find the Joker you win jackpot which is currently £1900.

Its rolled over to next sunday so I will be down there again in the hope of winning. Came last place the first 2 quizzes but came 2nd last 2 nights ago so slight improvement lol 

The reason its not advertised is because they don't want a bunch of outsiders winning lol

we used to go to a pub for a meal on New Year's Eve with some friends and the kids, after the meal we'd enter the pub quiz and usually come last, bit of fun, we didn't mind. Then one year we won it, a few of the locals weren't happy. Anyway the following year when we went to book the usual tables in a little alcove they wouldn't let us book claiming they were booked up, however we were later told by someone that there was loads of space. lol 

Played in the Brood quiz last night. I was on my own, team name The Lone Gunman. They have 3 rounds and a picture round. Free to enter and prizes not great. Three prizes and a lucky dip for losers. 2 pints, 1 pint, 3rd packet crisps.

I got one two and 4 correct and one right in the picture round which was tennis players so had no chance as I do not follow it. The last round three of my correct ansers was from the same question. Name the six clubs David Beckham has played for and the other I got what trophy was Joe Davies the first winner of.

Got some scented candles, a packet of small water carriers, a small porcelain frog and am eggbox with creme chocolate eggs. Better than a packet of crisps. There were only about four teams entered but its just for fun. Probably to keep the punters there on a quiet night.

Thursday night one is more serious and harder questions. People tend to huddle together and whisper and query answers. One for the pub quiz snobs. :) I thought some others were coming in to join me. 

Archived