Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Infighting

17 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Time for a bit of blunt honesty here. The only real decent point to be made is we need standing areas, large ones, and at every ground. And all away ends.

I find it hard to sympathise with most who want to sit - back in the day crowds were massive and everyone stood. What I saw today were certain people trying to have a good time and others who may as well have watched on the TV.

Some people cannot stand but that argument is always blown out of proportion because there aren't many who fit into that category. Most people are just lazy and boring.

If you absolutely must sit then get a seat in the disabled section or at the very front - or in today's case, the top tier. Not hard.

Tired of miserable, sarcastic tossers being awkward. If you're a football supporter you should actively support the team. Because it's fun more than any other reason. That is the essence of the game of football and having a local team your proud of and passionate about. It's what separates football from the other sports.

Why is it surprising that people kick off when you tell them to sit down? The atmosphere is the whole point of going to games if you support a club like Leicester because you haven't necessarily been able to rely on entertainment coming from the pitch throughout our history.

Today was a crap game and the whole thing would have been a complete waste of time for me without the standing and singing. What did the sitters get out of it I wonder?

Not against people standing at all, I'm pretty neutral on the whole debate. I'd stand if everyone around me was standing, or sit if everyone is seated. At the end of the day I'm there mainly to watch my team, I ain't there to sing and dance around. I join in chants, cheer, whatever, but it's not the be all and end all, it isn't WHY I go. I enjoyed the match, and the occasion. I'm glad you enjoyed your singsong.

This has to be the most depressing thread I've ever read on this forum. It's not about whether you stand or sit, how big a fan you are, whether you like a beer or not. Its about respect, thought and consideration for others...the basics of being a decent human being.  If this is what its like to be Premier League champions then bring back David Pleat!

11 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 said:

Bloody hell sol, such a disgrace that you have an opinion lol

What part of his smug baseless post was opinion? You making childish pathetic comments like this, when this is a real and very serious issue being discussed here shows your level of intelligence and I'm guessing you're a little giggly gang who go to the same school or belong to this clique condoning the moronic behaviour?  I suggest you grow up and debate a serious issue or shut up! 

2 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

What part of his smug baseless post was opinion? You making childish pathetic comments like this, when this is a real and very serious issue being discussed here shows your level of intelligence and I'm guessing you're a little giggly gang who go to the same school or belong to this clique condoning the moronic behaviour?  I suggest you grow up and debate a serious issue or shut up! 

Bit rich going on about "baseless" posts when you've made an insinuation about UFS being involved in a child being injured by a smoke bomb with no evidence to back up your claim isn't it?

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

YOU'RE A DISGRACE MATE

That says it all to me , no debate on the very serious issue and a childish response. Read my post what it was about and it was you who butted in to a post questioning what another poster had stated. I did not point fingers or jump to conclusions I stated of what he said was true then I feel action should be taken! There is no part of my original pist or question that was jumping to conclusions! 

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Bit rich going on about "baseless" posts when you've made an insinuation about UFS being involved in a child being injured by a smoke bomb with no evidence to back up your claim isn't it?

Where did I say that? Can none of you read? I said I wasn't there but IF true? It was another poster who was obviously there made the claim and I was asking questions and for clarification. I then made a statement IF.

Are you Sol and Countesthorpe part of Union FS?  Based on the responses and the lack of fact I would guess these emotive responses without thought suggest you are!

11 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

That says it all to me , no debate on the very serious issue and a childish response. Read my post what it was about and it was you who butted in to a post questioning what another poster had stated. I did not point fingers or jump to conclusions I stated of what he said was true then I feel action should be taken! There is no part of my original pist or question that was jumping to conclusions! 

There's no point arguing with you so I'm not going to. You clearly have pre conceived opinions about sections of our support that no one is ever going to change so what's the point? Don't bother replying because I'm going to pop you on the (lengthening) ignore list.

Try not to take the internet so seriously, it's a miracle you've made it this far biting at litteraly everything. I'd love to see your reaction if people of here started making assumptions about you and the way you support city based on absolutely nothing at all.

Enjoy the season.

21 minutes ago, Turtles Head said:

Not against people standing at all, I'm pretty neutral on the whole debate. I'd stand if everyone around me was standing, or sit if everyone is seated. At the end of the day I'm there mainly to watch my team, I ain't there to sing and dance around. I join in chants, cheer, whatever, but it's not the be all and end all, it isn't WHY I go. I enjoyed the match, and the occasion. I'm glad you enjoyed your singsong.

This is me exactly. My first love of football came with my local club at the time,  Kettering Town. It was terraces only, so standing was what we did. Since moving to Leicester 20+ years ago and subsequently changing my football allegiance, times have also changed. At the KP I'm often in G1, sometimes at the back where I can stand and sometimes nearer the front where I sit. But at the end of the day I am there for my team and that is what matters. I survived the coach trip to Atletico Madrid in the ninetees,  therefore I'm a real fan ;-) 

21 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Real very serious issue lol

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

There's no point arguing with you so I'm not going to. You clearly have pre conceived opinions about sections of our support that no one is ever going to change so what's the point? Don't bother replying because I'm going to pop you on the (lengthening) ignore list.

Try not to take the internet so seriously, it's a miracle you've made it this far biting at litteraly everything. I'd love to see your reaction if people of here started making assumptions about you and the way you support city based on absolutely nothing at all.

Enjoy the season.

What morons were behaving like at Wembley was an issue, and a lengthy ignore list says to me that it's you who is the issue here. 

4 hours ago, thybluefox said:

The second was the astonishingly large amount of people who think it's okay to shout at and abuse people who are only doing their jobs purely because they won't give you a drink in a bottle, or aren't serving people at a speed you feel is suitable. Yeah its annoying, but it's not their fault. Calling them a **** and shouting "HURRY UP I'M HUUUUNNNGRRYYY" like some kind of spoilt toddler is just embarrassing. 

In fairness mate. me and a group of others were queueing at the sausage roll stand and the guy served the lady in front of us and then turned around and started doing nothing with a bottle. Waited a bit and then I shouted at him "are you gonna serve us the second half is starting" and he turned back around and went "oh are you waiting? I thought you were all just stood there" and then when I had a drink in one hand and my money in the other he just held the sausage roll out staring at me.. my hands were clearly full and I couldn't take the sausage roll before he took my money! I asked him if he could put it down so I could hand my money over and he put it back in the container and said you don't want it now? It was hard work

7 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Where did I say that? Can none of you read? I said I wasn't there but IF true? It was another poster who was obviously there made the claim and I was asking questions and for clarification. I then made a statement IF.

Are you Sol and Countesthorpe part of Union FS?  Based on the responses and the lack of fact I would guess these emotive responses without thought suggest you are!

Where did any poster make a claim UFS injured a child with a smoke bomb?

I was at Wembley and can categorically tell you that didn't happen. Happy to clear that up for you. :thumbup:

I hope that child is okay, I did see some stuff getting chucked about, outside the torch. It got a bit silly but I think that's down to the ale and sunshine.

pesonally I didn't see any trouble at all, and I had a good day. It's a shame people had their day ruined, but it was a minority of fans, and in fairness we are a lot better than some clubs.

27 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

This is me exactly. My first love of football came with my local club at the time,  Kettering Town. It was terraces only, so standing was what we did. Since moving to Leicester 20+ years ago and subsequently changing my football allegiance, times have also changed. At the KP I'm often in G1, sometimes at the back where I can stand and sometimes nearer the front where I sit. But at the end of the day I am there for my team and that is what matters. I survived the coach trip to Atletico Madrid in the ninetees,  therefore I'm a real fan ;-) 

We still pray at church for a few from Madrid trip who never made it back 

lol

3 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

The infighting on the infighting thread is PURE foxestalk

madness 

lollollol 

Imagine, our team managed to lose a game of football at Wembley and all logic is thrown out of the window. Football fans in masses - don't you just love group dynamics?

Archived