Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Infighting

I'd agree that the atmosphere yesterday had a nasty edge to it. I was near the torch where people were throwing almost full beer cans around and chucking smoke bombs randomly. It was not nice as families were walking by with kids. I'm surprised the police let it carry on as it did as it was pretty easy to see who were the culprits (a bunch of pi55ed up 20 year olds). I don't go to the King power regularly but never seen people behave that way there when I did. 

I don't know why they kicked off so late on a Sunday giving everyone time to get so tanked up.

no problems in the ground (was in 518) and load of t shirt left behind on the seats. 

As as an aside I thought Wembley was a bit rubbish, the whole of the middle tier is this 'club Wembley' section where people have bought tickets for 10 years and it was half empty, makes the place look very odd.

It's a shame that UFS attracts so many utter twats because I really like what the core of the group has done in terms of bringing a good atmosphere to home games which has encouraged others to join in with the singing and the clapping.

What I really cannot get my head around is the holier than thou attitude that some people have about following your team though. People (pissed up kids) around us were effing and blinding to blokes with their wives and kids about why they weren't standing and singing.

I think we're getting lost in the anger of the standing v sitting argument. I stand at most of the away games I go to, but I will only stand if it seems to be the general consensus of the crown around me. If the person behind me wishes not to stand then I'll respect them and sit down. At the end of the day I'm there to watch a football match in a live arena because I enjoy football and love my team, I couldn't give a shit if I'm standing, sitting, absailing or atop a ****ing Shetland pony.....as long as I can watch the game hassle free I'm as happy as a pig in shit. 

The issue we have is the attitude of some of those people when their behaviour is having an impact on the people around them, for example yesterday an elderly fan asked a group of lads to sit down because she couldn't see, now I don't mean to be patronising but as many of you are probably aware as we age our body doesn't function as well as it did when we were young, some elderly people can't stand for long periods comfortably....this elderly lady got a mouth full of abuse back from a group of lads telling her to "**** off" and "if you want to be boring **** off home".........question, if that was your grandma how would you feel? 

Another incident which pissed me off was again a group of lads standing a few rows in front of me blocking the view of a few young children, their dad asked them if they would sit down, to which he had his son called a faggit amongst other things along with his father, the dad was about to take his kids home, heart broken and in tears until a few of us basically told these lads to sit down or go home. 

I want to stand as much as the next person does, however the black and white of most stadia in this age is 'no persistent standing' which means if me standing is having an impact on the people around me I must sit, so I will. I certainly will not turn around and start threatening people, attempt to start fights and heroically calling children names, that is what is unacceptable if you want to stand and act the goat then do it somewhere else where you wont ruin the day for other people, you've just got to accept that there's other people who go to football and it caters for all different kinds of people, if you don't like that then that's fair enough, but don't resort to this caveman like behaviour because you look like a complete tit and just confirm that you're an established member of the Cambridge University Netball Team. 

Not sure what time all the trouble in the pubs happened. But there was no trouble at all in Blue Check Cafe. Just so they don't all get a bad rep lol. We got there about 12.30. Got very busy by about 1.30 and we were in there til about 2.30/3pm. No sign of fights, arguments, any negative vibes at all. 

I couldn't get to the game, but it sounds like it was your typical Friday, Saturday night out in Leicester. Idiots who've had too much to drink thinking they're superman (supergirl in some instances), being bellends.

Weird game, weird atmosphere, not too many nobs near me, but there were clearly a few frustrated and wanting to stand but were respectful enough not to.

Heard a couple of  racist  comments about the choir, and a few choice words slung about near kids but no fighting, the thing is it can be avoided by better planning. You don't get this at the KP because of clearly defined sections. Family Stand, Kop, East Stand for the lads, West stand for the prawn sandwiches.

I don't know why they didn't have similar sections at Wembley. Make all the lower pens behind the goal the singing/standing section, I didn't see the singing section option so I don't know how big it was, but I only saw  a small section standing all game from my vantage point (518)

Classify one section as a family section, and enforce it so that anybody swearing/acting the twat in front of kids gets removed.

You can't call the upper tier the prawn sandwich tier or the senior citizen tier, but you could call it something to make it obvious that it is where you sit when you want to just watch the game and not jump about.

The problem is that football is so terrified of sanctioning standing that it causes more problems. You could call certain stands sitting only and make it clear that it will be enforced, ie the West stand at the KP. If you are not in a "sitting" stand then you can't complain about people standing, if you are not capable of standing for long periods of the game then you make sure you are in the "sitting" stand. Clubs will never do this though because people will take it that all non sitting stands are for standing.

The alternative is to classify the seats, so the front 10-15 rows in a stand are for sitting, standing is allowed on the back 10-15 rows. Or when you are selling away tickets, don't give an option of where to sit, just give the option of front or back. Front is for sitters back is for standers and just allocate tickets accordingly. That way if 90%  want to stand then the 10%  can just enjoy the game from the front.

The problem is any solution requires organisation and thought and the people buying tickets to read and follow simple instructions and not be nobs (and not sell on their tickets to maintain their priority points). 

Also the club should stop leaving free stuff on seats, if you want to thank the fans beer and doughnuts outside the ground went without a hitch.

One sub-human knobhead in my row was quite openly and menacingly refusing to stand or shift out of the way a bit when other people had to get past him to return to their seat after going toilet or fetching a drink. He purposely left a gap of 3 or 4 inches between his knees and the back of the seat in front.

Out of common decency is it not normal behaviour to allow other fans enough room to pass you with reasonable comfort as they return to their seat without being asked to and while doing so to expect a simple thank you?

I'm not sure, though, if this ignorant moron was expecting people to beg him to allow them to pass or just looking for an excuse to start some trouble.

I was on row 36 I think. It was the back of the lower tier of block 114. No issues really except for the 4 oldies who sat next to me who literally moaned all game to the stewards about people standing.  Why sit so far back if you struggle to stand up. To be fair to the steward he said he couldn't do a thing as everyone ignores him. If people want to stand they will. Seen a few scuffles. One bloke chucking a cup of water at a bloke a few rows in front as he was standing up was probably the highlight.  Atmosphere was garbage though. 

Also the fan zone was excellent and didn't see any trouble just a good sing song  and cheap beer from sainsburies .

19 minutes ago, Dawko said:

One sub-human knobhead in my row was quite openly and menacingly refusing to stand or shift out of the way a bit when other people had to get past him to return to their seat after going toilet or fetching a drink. He purposely left a gap of 3 or 4 inches between his knees and the back of the seat in front.

Out of common decency is it not normal behaviour to allow other fans enough room to pass you with reasonable comfort as they return to their seat without being asked to and while doing so to expect a simple thank you?

I'm not sure, though, if this ignorant moron was expecting people to beg him to allow them to pass or just looking for an excuse to start some trouble.

I've never understood this. I went to the Elton John gig in Leicester a couple of months ago and the people on the end of my row started telling me they wernt going to let me out again because I'd already been to the toilet twice in two hours and obstructing their view for 2 seconds had practically ruined their night.

Strange atmosphere. Was outside the Torch beforehand and plenty of twats chucking beer around. One guy stood in front of a car (with United fans in) preventing it from going past which is a pretty twattish thing to do. Police became much more "visible" after that. 

3 hours ago, Father Ted said:

95% of you lot should have stayed at home in silence and sat on your sofa. Would have had the same contribution to our team and you would have saved money :thumbup:

What a sensible suggestion.

Imbecile (look it up in a dictionary)

I kind of regret some of my decisions yesterday.

I did refuse to sit down when asked, but mainly because I'd tried to remedy to situation with what I thought we genuinely helpful offers. Swapping seats with the bloke who wanted to sit being one. It was going on everywhere though and all the 'infighting' paired with the woeful atmosphere in our end contributed to the match actually being the worst part of the day. 

Outside The Torch and along Wembley Way was class (other than being robbed by the off-licence, £20 for 8 beers), with loads of singing and chat across both sets of fans. 

A bit of common sense from fans and the powers that be regarding safe standing and we'd avoid all these arguments.

On the plus side, great scenes when Vardy scored!

38 minutes ago, adam said:

I was on row 36 I think. It was the back of the lower tier of block 114. No issues really except for the 4 oldies who sat next to me who literally moaned all game to the stewards about people standing.  Why sit so far back if you struggle to stand up. To be fair to the steward he said he couldn't do a thing as everyone ignores him. If people want to stand they will. Seen a few scuffles. 

You had no choice on what row to sit, you picked a block on the site and that gave the row and seat numbers out, so your 4 oldies probably didn't want to go up 3 escalators to level 5 hence bought seats in level 1 being the lowest.

The see tickets computer put them on row 36, trying to move lower down was probably impossible to do with a sell out crowd.

4 hours ago, FIF said:

What a neanderthal attitude! I was in the kop probably before you were born, I lived through the 80's hooliganism at Filbert street and travelled away each week too. Football supporters can be passionate and "tribal" without being nasty or aggressive to others. It's like saying football has always been racist. Pull that trigger, pull that trigger ...

I don't know if you've ever been to a world cup finals (or Euro finals) but in most games there fans from both sides mix and have fun whilst patriotically supporting their teams. It's only a few countires like England who feel the need to swear, insult and fight the opposition fans. Perhaps your attitude needs to grow up. It's wrong. We can be passionate without the aggressiveness.

I think the difference there some countries that are passionate about their football and their team, however they've got there to watch the football and cheer on their team, but all of it is treated like a family day out. In some countries including ourselves and many who are probably worse, it's not treated as a family sport in fact when it comes to the football some of them aren't bothered aren't about the match itself they spent the whole day getting pissed and taunting the away fans. The sad part of this is, there's no way a solution. You can ban supporters because they'll still find a way in, you can't stop people having a drink before a game. My question is this... do the stewards do enough? should they have more protection? 

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

It's a shame that UFS attracts so many utter twats because I really like what the core of the group has done in terms of bringing a good atmosphere to home games which has encouraged others to join in with the singing and the clapping.

What I really cannot get my head around is the holier than thou attitude that some people have about following your team though. People (pissed up kids) around us were effing and blinding to blokes with their wives and kids about why they weren't standing and singing.

So is this inference or factual information here that the people behaving appallingly, throwing smoke bombs hitting young children ( didn't see was not there, just read on here) were attached to or part of UNION FS ? 

If so and the group is attracting those sort of morons it needs to re evaluate, self police or disband sharpish! 

Think this thread proves that we have ALOT of twats as 'fans' just like most clubs BUT abit of decency and courtesy towards your fellow fans shouldnt go amiss.

As I stated this morning we were in the middle of this sitting/standing row which could have turned very nasty.

Could go on about the rights and wrongs but one thing that is really pissing me off is the ones stating you can't support your team sitting down!!

His f@cking stupid is that?

Having been a pen2 er at filbo when you stood ON SEATs and now a L1er who SITS I still with vigour and have the same passion as previous!!!

BUT again it's common decency surely guys to sit IF the majority of people behind you are sitting!?? Surely?

22 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

So is this inference or factual information here that the people behaving appallingly, throwing smoke bombs hitting young children ( didn't see was not there, just read on here) were attached to or part of UNION FS ? 

If so and the group is attracting those sort of morons it needs to re evaluate, self police or disband sharpish! 

I think you've done 2+2 and come up with an answer of about 2827189371790 there. 

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I think you've done 2+2 and come up with an answer of about 2827189371790 there. 

And I think you've made another smug, baseless, twatty post there. Re read my post,  it was a question to AKCJ based on something he appeared to have witnessed and a statement of how I and any decent Leicester fan should feel surely?

And if you think behaviour like that or smug posts are big and clever then you are a disgrace too! 

One twat behind me in 109, was shouting at a woman and then made a kid cry. Was giving it the biggun until a couple of lads behind got involved and he then shit himself and moved seats. Was clearly smashed but no need for it. Another guy behind wouldn't sit down when he was blocking a few kids and was shouting at everyone who asked him to. That's what happens when it's a 4pm kick off and the coaches leave at 9!

I had a bloke weighing more than Leicester's entire midfield sitting next to/on me, shouting obscenities throughout the game mostly about the midfield being too slow.  The family in front moved at half time to get away from him and no doubt the bits of hot dog that were spurting towards them with each incoherent yelp.  I'm used to most things, but yelling obscenities and threats at children and pensioners, starting fights whilst at games with your own children, and insisting that people who don't sing/shout/stand/sit/jump on the command of some drunk are plastics always disappointing.  I have gloves that have been to more games than many of them, so their "real fan" attitude is boring.

Archived