Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Infighting

1 hour ago, Rob1742 said:

I don't know whether it's me, but I find this UFS or whatever it is quite odd. Never really understood why people have to form some sort of group to watch a game of football. 

Do you want to be in my gang mentality. 

Might be just me, but it makes me cringe. Especially when they go on about fundraising and actually like being known by a few letters. A bit creepy to me. 

I'm pretty sure they are capable of watching a game of football on their own, it is all the other stuff that needs co-ordination, working with the club and money.

An individual approaching the club about standing issues, will not get far on their own, speaking as a group will, which is why we have supporter groups to represent the needs of supporters. If the club/football authorities listened to the fans more or had people involved who used to stand on the terraces then a lot of the problems at Wembley could have been avoided.

You may disagree with everything that Union FS stand for, but that is exactly why the club needs to work with them to ensure that they only have a positive effect on the  atmosphere and are allowed to enjoy football without stopping others from enjoying it. If everyone who wants to stand stands together then nobody will have their view blocked, that requires communication and co-ordination.

As for fund raising, fan displays aren't free, they cost money, if you hate them and wish they didn't do them, then don't contribute, but if you enjoy it then chuck a couple of quid in.

(I'm not a member, but I do appreciate  everything they have done for the atmosphere)

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Right, then apologies.. This is where the majority of the issues have arisen in here, people taking things the wrong way, people jumping to conclusions etc.

cheers. Keep up the singing and the respectful attitude to others.

14 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Where did any poster make a claim UFS injured a child with a smoke bomb?

I was at Wembley and can categorically tell you that didn't happen. Happy to clear that up for you. :thumbup:

Yes and I can second this. 

It it happened in the Torch garden where I was, and I did actually see the incident. 

The offender was some pissed up twat nothing to do with UFS, 50 yds away from them. 

So hopefully now we can now put this matter to one side, and I should add having met a good few of those lads I can't tell you that I can't imagine they would ever be involved in such behaviour. 

Guest claude_leic

It's pretty funny how outraged people have got over this. A few people had to stand up for 90 minutes at Leicester's first cup final at the new Wembley. You would have thought that these people had been denied entry at the turnstyle. What next? Maybe for the next Wembley outing, they might have to stay after the game for a trophy celebration and miss their pre-booked train !!!!

Whilst i do have sympathy for the extreme minority of people who had kids or struggle to stand, my sympathy ends there, as I have had countless experiences at away games with completely unreasonable and angry individuals demanding that everybody in front of them sits down (even in some instances reporting people to stewards). It was a one off minor inconvenience and you will be able to sit down for the rest of the season at the King Power Stadium. At our away games 90% of the people stand (it's 100% at pretty much every other club) so it can't be much of a surprise that there was some standing at Wembley (surely only about 15% of our fans were standing). 

I'm sure there were just the same problems in the United end behind the goal. Oh wait...

Guest Mee-9
27 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Or even unreserved seating. There's plenty of examples where's it's an unreserved away end (Barnsley as an example) so everybody can sit/stand where they like. Just don't print seat numbers on any ticket.

Surely you can't have unreserved seating in a 90,000 capacity stadium? It'd be a nightmare.

4 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Surely you can't have unreserved seating in a 90,000 capacity stadium? It'd be a nightmare.

It wouldn't need to be for 90k now would it, but if they had unreserved in about 4 blocks behind the goal, sitters would head towards the front and standers can got towards the back. Not hard is it, like people have suggested barnsley have made it work with 4k behind one goal for years.

Well this thread is delightful.

So much nonsense being peddled by people who patently haven't a clue what they're mumbling on about.

What an embarrassment.

Starting to think this might be settled quicker if we actually do just have a fight. 

I'll ref as I'm somewhat neutral. Not too fussed who wins but if someone can make sure they proper plant Kingfox at some point I'd be grateful.

4 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Starting to think this might be settled quicker if we actually do just have a fight. 

I'll ref as I'm somewhat neutral. Not too fussed who wins but if someone can make sure they proper plant Kingfox at some point I'd be grateful.

I'll watch, but only if I can sit down. It's the law of the land. 

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

I'll watch, but only if I can sit down. It's the law of the land. 

Oh you boring old man, don't bother coming to the fight if you're just going to sit there. Stand and sing like a proper fan!!

9 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I think a few people get over defensive about it Dan. I think when the argument gets to the stage where a few posters, for example kitch although anyone with half a brain knows to ignore him, father ted being another one, starts to have a crack at anyone and anybody who sat down as not worthy of being there you will get a back lash. They wind people up.

You just can't stop talking about me can you. :blush:

What winds me up are those who have the nerve to create problems with people standing yet then sit there gormless for 90 minutes, not even clapping or cheering a goal. I have every sympathy with those with children and the elderly, however, as stated elsewhere don't go choosing the back row (awkward at Wembley I know, but this has happened before at away games) and expect to sit. I offered to swap seats with some who were sitting behind us, 4 of us,  4 of them, response was "**** off sit down" followed by calling a steward over so we disappeared to the top. People's holier than thou attitude and constant beratement of those wishing to stand who "caused problems" as "alcohol fuelled raging monsters" , "scum nob heads" and towards the UFS has been nothing short of disgraceful within this thread and is why I no longer bother to read this forum anymore as it seems that anybody with an "unpopular" opinion is slated down with no end of negative superlatives about their upbringing and personality.

18 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

It wouldn't need to be for 90k now would it, but if they had unreserved in about 4 blocks behind the goal, sitters would head towards the front and standers can got towards the back. Not hard is it, like people have suggested barnsley have made it work with 4k in the entire stadium for years.

1 minute ago, Father Ted said:

You just can't stop talking about me can you. :blush:

What winds me up are those who have the nerve to create problems with people standing yet then sit there gormless for 90 minutes, not even clapping or cheering a goal. I have every sympathy with those with children and the elderly, however, as stated elsewhere don't go choosing the back row (awkward at Wembley I know, but this has happened before at away games) and expect to sit. I offered to swap seats with some who were sitting behind us, 4 of us,  4 of them, response was "**** off sit down" followed by calling a steward over so we disappeared to the top. People's holier than thou attitude and constant beratement of those wishing to stand who "caused problems" as "alcohol fuelled raging monsters" , "scum nob heads" and towards the UFS has been nothing short of disgraceful within this thread and is why I no longer bother to read this forum anymore as it seems that anybody with an "unpopular" opinion is slated down with no end of negative superlatives about their upbringing and personality.

You see there's a much more reasoned post, kudos. 

22 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I would like to start this post by confirming and categorically stating I never once personally stated nor intentionally inferred that Union FS were responsible for some of the deplorable actions of some of our low life at Wembley on Sunday. I was not intentionally linking the incidents nor pointing the finger, they were incidents reported, discussed and promoted on here that I was encompassing in one post. Truly my genuine concern was that factions of "nob heads" "wannabe ultras" as eluded to in AKCJ post were attaching themselves to Union FS and besmirching the group and more importantly damaging the reputation of our club.

As a lifelong fan ( 46 years since I was 6)

I am passionate about Leicester City Football Club and always have been. Seeing as you have taken the time to respond to my post point by point and in effect lay your cards and concerns on the table I will do the same. 

I feel it would be excellent if the sentiment of UFS was that of what you profess above as opposed to how I see it is becoming.....an egotistical self promotion,  like the 'smashy and nicey' Union FS video, including now a giant banner at Wembley with the groups name on it, that's really quiet and low key isn't it? I support Leicester City Football Club not Union FS. If you are wanting to create an atmosphere great, look at us we're here banners is not great we are LCFC ...NOT Union FS.

Organising a march down Wembley way is in my opinion cringey, could be deemed to be confrontational and most definitely could attract some less savoury elements.

Why the need to organise en mass and march if you are not a gang seeking attention?

I disagreed with the planned anti Sky protest at Arsenal ,and always will,  in my opinion it was ill thought out attention seeking and it was potentially damaging to our players and the club.

So I feel that what Union FS initially started out as has now become a self promoting monster with some members that see themselves above others, better fans and patently by some comments ,above the law and holding no regard to other people's and fellow fans views or right to watch the game seated or support how they want too.

So to that end you do not represent me nor I would imagine the vast majority of LCFC supporters , you appear to represent yourself and your own egos to me.

Do L1 have a banner and a gang?....no its a group of like minded vocal supporters who sit/ stand in a section and support Leicester City Football Club, as it should be.

If the club are sanctioning your beliefs and you are seen to be representing the Leicester City Fans as a whole then please let me know,  because as a long time season ticket holder and lifelong fan, with my own voice I will be letting the club know about my concerns about the way things are going, you as a group nor any individuals are bigger than and should never be promoting themselves more than Leicester City Football Club.

This is my final word on the matter and my next representations will be to the club If it's confirmed you represent the fans.

This is a great post and I totally get were you are coming from, UFS have done an brilliant job of improving the atmosphere in the Kop even before the upturn in fortunes, and along with the owners using the clappers to get the whole place involved, trips to Filbert Way are now a lot more enjoyable.

The tifos etc which they have fan funded do look incredible at times, some better than others, but it's a learning process for them as well.

So with that in mind, I find it staggering that there would be any suggestion that the group are likely to have used bad language etc towards other fans, basically the whole song book they use is for backing the team, hence the setting up of camp in SK1 as I understand it, they aren't there to sing, who the ****ing hell are you, at away fans, hence the distance from L1. No I don't want to debate the 2 sections thanks.

However, and I'll probably cop for this next week, as I am not  a member but have offered to help out with the re hanging of flags next week, I can see why you feel from the outside it has become a bit of a self promoting monster, I said the same about the Fosse Boys, it seems however hard some people try and whatever guise they are under, egos can run away with people, and whilst they may mean no harm, they forget that not all people are there to stand, scream, shout etc, some may take great enjoyment from the quality of the football and want to concentrate 100% on the game and to those, UFS may look from the outside like some we are better than you organised Gang effectively.

The march to wembley, however innocent could be from the outside, look like an attempt to wind up the opposition fans, a little more self awareness maybe required.

As a final point in the mentions of trying to be inclusive and not look like a closed shop, I will point out that, I'm sure going back and I could probably find the statements and posts, if I could be arsed, the whole point they pitched to the club, that they would self police and if people caused trouble, blocked gangways etc, they would deal with it internally, now whilst I accept that maybe easier at home and wembley was a one off, if there is an element of people who could harm the good work they have done, then a statement from them may not be the worst idea, highlighting the positives and distancing themselves from any incidents seemingly being attached to them at this point, and what they intend to do moving forward.

Let's all enjoy the next week or so and hopefully, we are all up for getting behind the lads a week sat whatever walk of life we are from. WYS lol 

3 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

This is a great post and I totally get were you are coming from, UFS have done an brilliant job of improving the atmosphere in the Kop even before the upturn in fortunes, and along with the owners using the clappers to get the whole place involved, trips to Filbert Way are now a lot more enjoyable.

The tifos etc which they have fan funded do look incredible at times, some better than others, but it's a learning process for them as well.

So with that in mind, I find it staggering that there would be any suggestion that the group are likely to have used bad language etc towards other fans, basically the whole song book they use is for backing the team, hence the setting up of camp in SK1 as I understand it, they aren't there to sing, who the ****ing hell are you, at away fans, hence the distance from L1. No I don't want to debate the 2 sections thanks.

However, and I'll probably cop for this next week, as I am not  a member but have offered to help out with the re hanging of flags next week, I can see why you feel from the outside it has become a bit of a self promoting monster, I said the same about the Fosse Boys, it seems however hard some people try and whatever guise they are under, egos can run away with people, and whilst they may mean no harm, they forget that not all people are there to stand, scream, shout etc, some may take great enjoyment from the quality of the football and want to concentrate 100% on the game and to those, UFS may look from the outside like some we are better than you organised Gang effectively.

The march to wembley, however innocent could be from the outside, look like an attempt to wind up the opposition fans, a little more self awareness maybe required.

As a final point in the mentions of trying to be inclusive and not look like a closed shop, I will point out that, I'm sure going back and I could probably find the statements and posts, if I could be arsed, the whole point they pitched to the club, that they would self police and if people caused trouble, blocked gangways etc, they would deal with it internally, now whilst I accept that maybe easier at home and wembley was a one off, if there is an element of people who could harm the good work they have done, then a statement from them may not be the worst idea, highlighting the positives and distancing themselves from any incidents seemingly being attached to them at this point, and what they intend to do moving forward.

Let's all enjoy the next week or so and hopefully, we are all up for getting behind the lads a week sat whatever walk of life we are from. WYS lol 

I personally prefer to sit in L1. I enjoy the banter with the away fans.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I personally prefer to sit in L1. I enjoy the banter with the away fans.

I used too at Filbert St, but I found myself getting a bit too heated at times lol I do still miss it, but as the years have rolled on, I find myself wanting to watch the game more and the away fans less. As I said i really don't want to get involved in a whole debate, I have no issues with those who want to go in L1, i know a few of the syston lads who do and still love it so fair play.

25 minutes ago, claude_leic said:

It's pretty funny how outraged people have got over this. A few people had to stand up for 90 minutes at Leicester's first cup final at the new Wembley. You would have thought that these people had been denied entry at the turnstyle. What next? Maybe for the next Wembley outing, they might have to stay after the game for a trophy celebration and miss their pre-booked train !!!!

Whilst i do have sympathy for the extreme minority of people who had kids or struggle to stand, my sympathy ends there, as I have had countless experiences at away games with completely unreasonable and angry individuals demanding that everybody in front of them sits down (even in some instances reporting people to stewards). It was a one off minor inconvenience and you will be able to sit down for the rest of the season at the King Power Stadium. At our away games 90% of the people stand (it's 100% at pretty much every other club) so it can't be much of a surprise that there was some standing at Wembley (surely only about 15% of our fans were standing). 

I'm sure there were just the same problems in the United end behind the goal. Oh wait...

But it is not as simple as that, most people can stand, but are aware that it is an inconvenience to others, the problems come when you have a couple of  people standing in a mostly sitting block. Someone stands up the whole game then the 2 people directly behind can try and lean round them or they can stand, but if they stand then the people behind them can't see and now you have 3 people standing obscuring more of the view, so the 4 or 5 people behind them have to stand and so on, at some point someone in the block, old person, small person, disabled person, will be inconvenienced. The logical and considerate thing to do is for them people that started the standing to just sit down.

There also needs to be some understanding the other way, if people are standing for a song, or to see a corner then don't start nagging them to sit down straight away. I had it  at the KP, it was the second half, we hadn't stood all game, except for the goal, there was an attack and a free kick in front of us and the people in the front were standing, probably the first 15 rows were standing because of the excitement, up to me so I stood up so I could see, within seconds I get someone tugging my shirt telling me to sit down, but if I sat down I wouldn't be able to see, and I'm not going to tell the people in front to sit down because then they wouldn't be able to see.

Everyone just needs to calm down, and have some respect for everyone.

I've posted this in the other thread as well, but figure I'll repost in here too.

I've not read through the whole topic (there's a lot to go through), but there were more than a few morons drinking in The Torch before the game, chucking bottles from the inside, towards our own fans on the outside (one of which, a 3/4 full bottle of Kopparberg missing my head by literally an inch), throwing cans at passers by and police, and not to mention trying to pull down the metal barriers....FROM THE INSIDE. I know a lot of Foxestalkers were in there too, so I reckon it's time to name and shame some of these idiots.

21 minutes ago, WardyisPukka said:

Well champions league away games are going to be fun! :huh::unsure:

Lets hope we don't draw teams like Roma (if they get through) Napoli or Besiktas

Sunday  was strange, normally on an away or even at home get nothing like the vibes there was on Sunday.

It was out and out odd, to be frank. Some people obviously acting up to the occasion. 

I enjoy an atmosphere within the ground but I find all the over-the-top pre-match stuff, whether that be in pubs or on trains, a bit tiresome. But then I think I'm just getting old. The worst part of any away trip for me is having to travel home with pissed up morons and listeing to their shit singing voices.

Unfortunately Sunday attracted all types of our support including people who have never been to a game away from Leicester, so many people going to the same event but expecting a different experience.

27 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

I've posted this in the other thread as well, but figure I'll repost in here too.

I've not read through the whole topic (there's a lot to go through), but there were more than a few morons drinking in The Torch before the game, chucking bottles from the inside, towards our own fans on the outside (one of which, a 3/4 full bottle of Kopparberg missing my head by literally an inch), throwing cans at passers by and police, and not to mention trying to pull down the metal barriers....FROM THE INSIDE. I know a lot of Foxestalkers were in there too, so I reckon it's time to name and shame some of these idiots.

We headed for the Torch but couldn't get in, so in the end opted like many others to buy some cans and drink outside. Quickly realised it was a bit too "rowdy" for me and my son, so we crossed the road and stood in the shade under the trees. Watched the scene get progressively more, shall we say "unpleasant".

Some complete tool blocking the road to prevent a car with some United fans in passing. Eventually the car backed up and went around him, only to be showered with beer as it went past. Police then moved in and the "roadblocker" was being all "cuddly" with the police. He was clearly absolutely leathered and one of his mates was trying to usher him away.

Definately saw a few cans and bottles being thrown though couldn't say for sure if these were from inside or outside (assume outside - unless the pub were serving drinks in bottles/cans)

3 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

We headed for the Torch but couldn't get in, so in the end opted like many others to buy some cans and drink outside. Quickly realised it was a bit too "rowdy" for me and my son, so we crossed the road and stood in the shade under the trees. Watched the scene get progressively more, shall we say "unpleasant".

Some complete tool blocking the road to prevent a car with some United fans in passing. Eventually the car backed up and went around him, only to be showered with beer as it went past. Police then moved in and the "roadblocker" was being all "cuddly" with the police. He was clearly absolutely leathered and one of his mates was trying to usher him away.

Definately saw a few cans and bottles being thrown though couldn't say for sure if these were from inside or outside (assume outside - unless the pub were serving drinks in bottles/cans)

There's a full video of that on the web, twitter or FB somewhere, I have to say, I've grown out of things like that being funny, it's just bit embarrassing to our club really. But i'm sure all the fans singing we shall not be moved found it funny. I guess they will argue it's just high spirits and a bit of banter.

Archived