Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Infighting

14 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Where did any poster make a claim UFS injured a child with a smoke bomb?

I was at Wembley and can categorically tell you that didn't happen. Happy to clear that up for you. :thumbup:

Once again ......read my initial post to something another poster put? Show me where I ever said Union FS hurt a child or did anything. He stated disgraceful behaviour was people belonging/ attaching to Union FS

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

lol I wasn't offering an opinion, it was a baseless smug post :)

I agree :)

Just now, MC Prussian said:

Imagine, our team managed to lose a game of football at Wembley and all logic is thrown out of the window. Football fans in masses - don't you just love group dynamics?

First world problems MC 

first world problems 

taking a dump in peterboroughs 3rd world toilets now that was proper bob geldof needed for a concert shite ! 

Just now, Bluetintedspecs said:

Once again ......read my initial post to something another poster put? Show me where I ever said Union FS hurt a child or did anything. He stated disgraceful behaviour was people belonging/ attaching to Union FS

I agree :)

And you then made the leap to the smoke bomb incident. You linked the two yourself.

2 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

So is this inference or factual information here that the people behaving appallingly, throwing smoke bombs hitting young children ( didn't see was not there, just read on here) were attached to or part of UNION FS ? 

If so and the group is attracting those sort of morons it needs to re evaluate, self police or disband sharpish! 

Just to make this abundantly clear, UFS don't condone abusive behaviour. They do, however, inevitably attract idiots looking to get boozed up.

The core of UFS is good natured, but they definitely do attract some right muppets.

My example was of the latter. UFS are good at self policing, but that can only go so far. These muppets were just  tagging along.

My understanding (from reading on here) was that happened in the Torch? Where were you guys meeting/ drinking? Is that really a massive leap that the trouble nob heads HE was talking about may have encompassed that incident? I did not point the finger or make that accusation in ANY of my posts ,so your assumption and others reaction actually appears a little too defensive to me! I have also on numerous occasions seen nob heads on here defending smoke bombs too! Whoever was responsible is disgraceful and my post was generalised/ questioning not accusational. 

1 minute ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

My understanding (from reading on here) was that happened in the Torch? Where were you guys meeting/ drinking? Is that really a massive leap that the trouble nob heads HE was talking about may have encompassed that incident? I did not point the finger or make that accusation in ANY of my posts ,so your assumption and others reaction actually appears a little too defensive to me! I have also on numerous occasions seen nob heads on here defending smoke bombs too! Whoever was responsible is disgraceful and my post was generalised/ questioning not accusational. 

Just another note.

I did not see this particular incident. I didn't make any effort to tag with UFS because I was with my very elderly and frail Grandad (he took me to my first game and he's been banging on about the new Wembley for years so I just had to take him).

However, i've witnessed the good that UFS does to promote a healthy, friendly away atmosphere (there are some morons who think they're part of ****ing Ajax's 'ultras' but I digress).

From all reports i've read on here there has been no trouble with UFS. The problem has been with teenager/young 20's kids who have been let off the leash by their parents who had been drinking all day and felt decidedly more "hard". That is where your trouble lay. Boozed up  kids who think they're the ****ing business. UFS Had nothing to do with it.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Just to make this abundantly clear, UFS don't condone abusive behaviour. They do, however, inevitably attract idiots looking to get boozed up.

The core of UFS is good natured, but they definitely do attract some right muppets.

My example was of the latter. UFS are good at self policing, but that can only go so far. These muppets were just  tagging along.

Thank you AKCJ and that backs up the point I have been clearly making, without making ANY accusations.

This actually worries me that this appalling, moronic behaviour is going to damage the name of Leicester City Football Club......way to go that's real progress!

I genuinely don't think there is any argument to be had:

1. Wembley is an all-seater stadium. No-one should stand in front on anyone who doesn't want to stand, or who, for whatever reason, can't. I'm talking the disabled and kids here. Even if kids stood, they could see nothing if someone is standing in front of them.

2.If this does happen, the 'standers' should sit when asked to and definitely shouldn't gob off.

3. The 'work out what parts of the ground are likely to be standing' is a non argument. I reiterate, not all of us know this, have the time to find out AND many of us got what we got, in terms of where we were. This shouldn't be an argument anyway. Wembley is an all seater stadium.

4. Some people love standing. As a yoof, I always stood and loved it. The safety argument really is now bollox isn't it? I think clubs just can't be arsed with looking into safe standing. They should be arsed. It's important that the people who want to stand have a place to stand. And it would do away with what we had yesterday which, IN ITSELF, led to trouble.

Thats exactly how I see this. Black and white for me.

25 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

bluetintedspecs is a top bloke who has my back in sk3 for any issues that arise for me due to people not condoning my behaviour. 

Cheers bud, I don't get what their problem is, I love atmosphere and no issue with standing as long as others not affected adversely, yet I lambast some of our fans disgraceful behaviour yesterday without pointing any fingers myself, and incredulously some appear to condone it!   

5 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Cheers bud, I don't get what their problem is, I love atmosphere and no issue with standing as long as others not affected adversely, yet I lambast some of our fans disgraceful behaviour yesterday without pointing any fingers myself, and incredulously some appear to condone it!   

A plus one simply for the use of the word 'incredulously'. Impressive stuff from bts...

:thumbup:

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

We still pray at church for a few from Madrid trip who never made it back 

lol

Haha I made it back but not sure my ankles have never been the same, and I have wondered since what ever happened to the young lad on my coach who had drunk a litre of vodka by the time we got to Lutterworth and had to be taken to hospital. Those were the days ;-) 

No trouble at all near us, cant remember the block... but was 'ere...

13923317_10153782023727644_9003775967298

did make me laugh though at the start of the game...

"stand up if you love leicester"...

so everyone stands up....

then sits down, then a minute later the same bloody chant...

few people stood up again infront of us and just as they had my dad goes "bleddy hell, not again" in a loud but non shouting voice and they all quickly sat down lol.

no trouble tho, thankfully, everyone was well behaved.

41 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Haha I made it back but not sure my ankles have never been the same, and I have wondered since what ever happened to the young lad on my coach who had drunk a litre of vodka by the time we got to Lutterworth and had to be taken to hospital. Those were the days ;-) 

I was one of the group that refused to coach it set off on a train to Bilbao to get a flight home , no cheap flight for a couple of days or so and we had an amazing few days there 

they locals on one bar were laughing at us so much , no clothes no anything and stinking of man lol 

i I had a shower in an Irish bar and washed my underpants and hung them out to dry 

they were gone off the window sill next morning lol 

commando home ! 

I would love to drive at 150 mph on the motorway but I don't because it is against the law of the land as is standing in all seater football stadiums. The clubs have allowed grey areas where first they tolerated away fans standing and are now letting some sections of home fans stand but ejecting others from different parts of the ground. If the " your not a proper fan if  you don't stand and drink yourself stupid "supporters don't moderate their attitude the club would be within their rights to ban them and solve the ticket shortage and need for a bigger stadium at a stroke. If we all showed a little more consideration for fellow supporters we could have the Tigers like scenario where we could stand or sit and have a drink in your seat or standing area ,but don't hold your breath whilst behaviour like yesterday exists.

3 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

So is this inference or factual information here that the people behaving appallingly, throwing smoke bombs hitting young children ( didn't see was not there, just read on here) were attached to or part of UNION FS ? 

If so and the group is attracting those sort of morons it needs to re evaluate, self police or disband sharpish! 

Surely you must realise why this post (simply making the link) has upset some Union FS members? As you yourself have pointed out, some people don't read into things - they misinterpret and take everything as fact. There are people who will read posts like the above and assume it is what happened. At that point whether it did or not becomes irrelevant - the group's reputation is tainted and its standing with the Club is diminished.

To be clear, UFS has never set off any form of pyrotechnics in a stadium since the group was formed. So no, UFS had nothing to do with throwing smoke bombs yesterday, or ever.

Archived