Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Infighting

32 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

In future I will make a thread pointing out where the standing section in Wembley will be. I'm still of the opinion that it's easy enough to work out for yourself (just look at the crowd at any Wembley final) but clearly many people weren't aware.

They are NO official standing areas , it's illigal and against local by-laws , what your referring to  are singing sections that are advertised as singing blocks and people assume standing is allowed , it's not 

Wembley has no official standing areas and thanks to the Taylor report no top flight ground in the UK has one. 

So let's be clear the law states you sit in your seat and you behave according to the laws of the land.

if your lucky enough to find yourself in an area where everyone wants to stand then im under the impression so as to not have confrontation it's over looked and not pushed by authorities (like away fans sections  , it's a given we can stand because everyone generally does ) if your in an area where the majority wish to sit then if your standing and causing an obstruction and or behaving inappropriately (quite subjective that) you will be removed if you don't remove the obstruction or modify the behaviour 

quite simple chief ! 

3 minutes ago, foxgas said:

I would love to drive at 150 mph on the motorway but I don't because it is against the law of the land as is standing in all seater football stadiums. The clubs have allowed grey areas where first they tolerated away fans standing and are now letting some sections of home fans stand but ejecting others from different parts of the ground. If the " your not a proper fan if  you don't stand and drink yourself stupid "supporters don't moderate their attitude the club would be within their rights to ban them and solve the ticket shortage and need for a bigger stadium at a stroke. If we all showed a little more consideration for fellow supporters we could have the Tigers like scenario where we could stand or sit and have a drink in your seat or standing area ,but don't hold your breath whilst behaviour like yesterday exists.

I never want to see drinking at seats allowed at football , ever ! 

Im sorry it's not ever going to be safe to allow that 

8 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

I was one of the group that refused to coach it set off on a train to Bilbao to get a flight home , no cheap flight for a couple of days or so and we had an amazing few days there 

they locals on one bar were laughing at us so much , no clothes no anything and stinking of man lol 

i I had a shower in an Irish bar and washed my underpants and hung them out to dry 

they were gone off the window sill next morning lol 

commando home ! 

I remember those of you who weren't there on the official club organised trip were in the stand opposite us and there were a few chants of 'you're supposed to be at home ' :-) 

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

I remember those of you who weren't there on the official club organised trip were in the stand opposite us and there were a few chants of 'you're supposed to be at home ' :-) 

we were well looked after by the locals , I ended up being away 6 days my liver has never recovered 

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's not against the law to stand in a football ground. 

your correct and you know incorrect 

its  not in statute but it is contrary to ground regulations 

the persistent eliment is the key point ! 

If your persistently standing you will/should be evicted according to relevant ground regulation 

You know what he means ! 

The irony of the sitting/standing debate is that if both parties worked together, united for a common cause and approached the relevant authorities together then this issue would be resolved a lot quicker.

People can continue to pedal the 'it's the law so sit down' argument all they like - whether it's ignorance, arrogance or preference on the part of those standing - newsflash: they are never going to sit. With that in mind, I would recommend that anyone who is concerned about standing contact the Club and your local MP about how the lack of safe standing accommodation to segregate sitters and standers is spoiling your enjoyment of the game. 

Oh, and by the way we are not the only club to have this debate. West Ham fans are experiencing more serious issues in this regard at the Olympic Stadium. 

FOOTBALL NEEDS SAFE STANDING.

30 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Explain...

The word 'incredulous' means to struggle to believe something. So to do something 'incredulously' is to do so while in a disbelieving manner e.g. "he looked on incredulously as the referee pointed to the spot"

I take it BTS didn't mean that the people who condone violence themselves are in a state of belief. I'm sure he meant that HE was the one who couldn't really believe what they were doing. Saying "I'm incredulous that some people are condoning it" or simply using the word 'incredibly' instead would've been correct.

Right, that's enough of me being a dictionary nerd for tonight...

22 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Col I wouldn't bother pal, if you read back in the thread you'll see he's still in the playground! 

You're welcome to criticise my views if you want. This isn't going to convince anyone.

13 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

They are NO official standing areas , it's illigal and against local by-laws , what your referring to  are singing sections that are advertised as singing blocks and people assume standing is allowed , it's not 

Wembley has no official standing areas and thanks to the Taylor report no top flight ground in the UK has one. 

So let's be clear the law states you sit in your seat and you behave according to the laws of the land.

if your lucky enough to find yourself in an area where everyone wants to stand then im under the impression so as to not have confrontation it's over looked and not pushed by authorities (like away fans sections  , it's a given we can stand because everyone generally does ) if your in an area where the majority wish to sit then if your standing and causing an obstruction and or behaving inappropriately (quite subjective that) you will be removed if you don't remove the obstruction or modify the behaviour 

quite simple chief ! 

I think I agree with much of your final paragraph. But that's exactly why we need to define these unofficial standing areas clearly to people! (Well, what we really need is official standing areas but that's a few years off yet).

If we don't we'll just have more of these conflicts cropping up where people find themselves in a place they'd prefer not to be

1 minute ago, The soup nazi said:

Now there's a suprise

It's not and that's a fact ! Too many idiots ... It's a bit like why our "continental" drinking law changes have created huge drains on public services and are a total failure 

you can't influence people to make good choices when the choices open to them are poorly thought out , unregulated and poorly supported.

and everything I saw yesterday from a small number told me I'd never be able to bring my kids to football again if that level of boozing was allowed 

1 minute ago, promised land said:

So is basic grammar. 

What you're referring too. You're = you are.

Have you got your dinosaur? Your.

Illegal not illigal.

Hold on PM are you now back from the panic buying for community shield tickets lollol 

My apologies english isn't my first language PM , it's my 2nd language and I'm still working hard to grasp it ! 

I'll get my race card out soon enough ! 

lol 

10 hours ago, Bilo said:

Such a stance is wholly impractical for reasons that ought really to be obvious.

Like it or not, thousands of fans choose to stand at football. The stadium might be all seaters, but the fans don't all wish to be seated. It would be pointless, counterproductive and nonsensical to attempt to eject every standing fan.

A bit of tolerance and good, old fashioned common sense from both parties will serve to avoid conflict until safe standing is introduced.

So please explain to me how a bit of tolerance and common senses resolves the issue of you stand up and my 14 yo can't see through your thick skull. I wonder sometimes what planet some people are on, the sheer arrogance of it.

24 minutes ago, C-man said:

Surely you must realise why this post (simply making the link) has upset some Union FS members? As you yourself have pointed out, some people don't read into things - they misinterpret and take everything as fact. There are people who will read posts like the above and assume it is what happened. At that point whether it did or not becomes irrelevant - the group's reputation is tainted and its standing with the Club is diminished.

To be clear, UFS has never set off any form of pyrotechnics in a stadium since the group was formed. So no, UFS had nothing to do with throwing smoke bombs yesterday, or ever.

FFS can you people not read? I asked a question and making the link is what you're doing not me!

The initial post I replied too stated that there were some right nob heads attaching themselves to your gang, is that a false statement?

In a pre Wembley statement I thought I read something about you guys meeting in the Torch and marching on Wembley, true or not?

I read that the poor young girl was hit by a smoke bomb thrown at the Torch pub, true or not? 

Where in my post did I once say that it WAS Union FS members that threw the smoke bomb? 

And like it or not if certain factions, nob heads are attaching themselves to your gang and publicised marches/ events and you can't control them, then yes any good work you do will rightly be tarnished.

Stop being so precious and sensitive it's actually making you look culpable. 

I only asked if what he was saying was right and if there was some truth and suggested self policing etc etc etc.

8 hours ago, Harry - LCFC said:

It's quite clear there are a lot of people who wish to stand at football matches. This being the case I think it's unpractical and unfair to expect everyone inside the stadium to sit down.

I'll repeat my solution: Knowledge about where the standing area tends to form at Wembley would've allowed people to choose their seats so that they could get their preference (on our next appearance at Wembley I will make a thread explaining this to make this easier for everyone). Ultimately safe standing areas are what we need but in the meantime I think it's silly to suggest that expecting everyone to sit would be the best outcome. That just won't work.

Also, I'm interested that you accuse me of being 'selfish' and 'not caring about anyone else' for trying to find a solution that would allow both groups to watch the game how they want to - yet you are the noble, respectful one who thinks that those who don't share your preference should be forced to give it up.

It's not my "preference", it's the law of the land, the conditions of entry into Wembley and every other premier league ground in the land. Your practice disrupts others and leaves many with no possibility of watching the game(older people, shorter people, kids).

Wanting to sit in no way stops you watching the game, I repeat you are clearly selfish and thoughtless. If and when safe standing arrives, then fine, until then SIT.

I think some people need to realise just because they want to stand at games it doesn't mean they've a given right to stand at games. It's a shame that common sense doesn't always prevail and those that don't want to stand don't get tickets towards the front but at a big event like this it was never going to be as cut and dried as people thought, regardless of whether you're in a singing section or not. I seen a few people gesticulating and giving other fans verbals for not joining in. I get their frustrations but being aggressive towards other people isn't going to make them join in, it's going to draw a divide. 

3 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

What part of his smug baseless post was opinion? You making childish pathetic comments like this, when this is a real and very serious issue being discussed here shows your level of intelligence and I'm guessing you're a little giggly gang who go to the same school or belong to this clique condoning the moronic behaviour?  I suggest you grow up and debate a serious issue or shut up! 

What some of you lot don't seem to realise is the really serious issue is one of respect, courtesy and behaving like a civilised person.

Sitting or standing, singing or not are just a smokescreen to try and divert attention away from unacceptable behaviour.

perhaps the club could read this thread and indentify those who openly admit to being in breach of the ground entry conditions and cancel their ST's

27 minutes ago, skmanuk said:

So please explain to me how a bit of tolerance and common senses resolves the issue of you stand up and my 14 yo can't see through your thick skull. I wonder sometimes what planet some people are on, the sheer arrogance of it.

Well common sense prevailing would be to buy your tickets towards the front if you know you're going with your son? 

47 minutes ago, skmanuk said:

The simplest response would be to swap seats. You and your son/daughter don't have to stare at the back of someone's head, and that person can now stand. I've done it numerous times.

I was stood five rows from the front and had no problems.

Apart from some older guy who was with his boy who I say was about eight. He asked me if I minded sitting down as his lad couldn't see only for the lad to say "shut up dad you boring fart it's all part of the fun" the lad then stood on his chair and started jumping up and down. 

The man was pretty shocked at first but never asked again after that

26 minutes ago, skmanuk said:

It's not my "preference", it's the law of the land, the conditions of entry into Wembley and every other premier league ground in the land. Your practice disrupts others and leaves many with no possibility of watching the game(older people, shorter people, kids).

Wanting to sit in no way stops you watching the game, I repeat you are clearly selfish and thoughtless. If and when safe standing arrives, then fine, until then SIT.

Actually it isn't the law of the land, which is why you can't be arrested for standing at football matches. The law states that football grounds have to provide seats for all spectators, how vigorously that is enforced is up to the club or stadium owner and is based on a host of variables. For example, L1 and SK1 are all seated areas but the practice is that not everyone sits in those areas. No laws are being broken, it's just that the club is adopting an adaptable approach based on supporter behaviour while still fulfilling its legal obligations.

3 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

First world problems MC 

first world problems 

taking a dump in peterboroughs 3rd world toilets now that was proper bob geldof needed for a concert shite ! 

I've been to Peterborough before. Twice, actually. And when I think back, it reminds me of a football ground for midgets. I'll never forget the narrow ramps leading up to the stands, the tiny toilets, the VIP area. Granted, things have apparently changed a little with the introduction of the revamped away area in the Eastern section.

Well, they were never made for Premier League football in the first place. Stuck somewhere in the 60ies or 70ies still.

Archived