Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Infighting

8 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I thought are away support was good last year but then again I only went to a few Palace was one of the best atmospheres I've ever experienced, Watford was good, Newcastle good, Stoke and Southampton both alright Liverpool was a bit disappointing though.

I thought the atmosphere at WBA was decent as well. It always seems to be a good day there and we've done well over the past few seasons there. 

8 hours ago, Harry - LCFC said:

The area directly behind the goal in the lower tier. Look at the crowd at any Wembley final and you can see where people stand and where they sit down, it's the same for all of them.

I imagine you're referring to the lack of official recognition in this regard. In that sense there isn't one, but since so many want to stand we have to make do with an unofficial one.

I have nothing against people standing up in a standing section. Sadly there isn't one so you need to be respectful to others in the area you are. Go to the back if you're going to stand up.

Still that's not the horror here, it's the fould mouthed aggressive fans that are.

I don't know whether it's me, but I find this UFS or whatever it is quite odd. Never really understood why people have to form some sort of group to watch a game of football. 

Do you want to be in my gang mentality. 

Might be just me, but it makes me cringe. Especially when they go on about fundraising and actually like being known by a few letters. A bit creepy to me. 

9 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

I don't know whether it's me, but I find this UFS or whatever it is quite odd. Never really understood why people have to form some sort of group to watch a game of football. 

Might be just me, but it makes me cringe. Especially when they go on about fundraising and actually like being known by a few letters. A bit creepy to me. 

It's just a group of lads/lasses who want to create an atmosphere for the team. Anyone is welcome to join. What's so wrong with that? 

19 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

If it's not for you that's cool, but don't call people weird that do enjoy it. Like C-Man said a bit of respect from everyone involved is needed, I'm sure you wouldn't be happy if people started calling the way you enjoy the football weird. 

7 minutes ago, Lcfc_lass10 said:

It's just a group of lads/lasses who want to create an atmosphere for the team. Anyone is welcome to join. What's so wrong with that? 

It's not. It's the aggressivity and bad language which is wrong.

Guest Mee-9

I wonder how long this argument will go on for.

At the end of the day, people will always want to stand at the football, and people will always be sat behind them moaning because they can't see. 

Maybe it would have been better if we could select our individual seats like you can on LCFC Direct, then maybe those with kids could have easily selected seats nearer the front.

All this chat won't take the shine off my day though, it was still special. 

4 minutes ago, FIF said:

It's not. It's the aggressivity and bad language which is wrong.

But no one can cite any confirmed reports of 'aggressivity' from Sunday, just speculation. And if you think UFS are the cause of bad language at the football then we really are wasting our time lol

30 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

It's not hard to understand, read their website.

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

But no one can cite any confirmed reports of 'aggressivity' from Sunday, just speculation. And if you think UFS are the cause of bad language at the football then we really are wasting our time lol

Mate you have a persecution complex.

People in this thread have reported first hand about the ugly incidents at the match. No-one as far as I'm aware is saying that it was you so just grow up accept that there was and condemn it.

the world doesn't revolve around you and your chums.

10 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Say like, insulting people indiscriminately on an internet forum because they don't agree with you? 

Which is no different to insulting someone because they don't wanna join in with something, right? 

I don't particularly mind UFS but I do think that some of its members have a somewhat elitist attitude, like being part of  it makes them some sort of superfan. 

Credit where credit is due, they have helped the atmosphere at the KP, but they need to understand that not everybody goes to football to shout and sing which they need to respect.

58 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

I agree , in general I like the efforts made in the ground but I would hope an official supporters club would have the gumption to take over and make that stuff happen like the tiffo's all over the ground and not just the Kop   , the east stand needs to be included now 

all this SK1 and L1 stuff is rather silly 

the UFS t-shirts are totally creepy , like a uniform (but not Hugo Boss Tailored)  or a badge of honour , look at us we are the uber fans .... , it's all a bit false really , Some (not all ) seem like plastic ultra wannabes 

tarquin and ralph outside the swan for example 

8 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I don't particularly mind UFS but I do think that some of its members have a somewhat elitist attitude, like being part of  it makes them some sort of superfan. 

Credit where credit is due, they have helped the atmosphere at the KP, but they need to understand that not everybody goes to football to shout and sing which they need to respect.

I hate to go all 'Bluetintedspecs' on you, but did you read C-Man's post on the previous page?

5 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Agreed but it's more that everyone else doesn't go to football to be abused and have their experienced soured.

At Walkers fans know the sections where they need to be. At away matches I presume that the "standers" book tickets together and hopefully do that bearing in mind other fans - though most away going fans are there to sing and shout so not so much a problem but occasions like Wembley where there are a lot of the more casual fans as well as a lot of kids and people not knowing about seating plans then they need to abide by the rules and not abuse others.

For me it's the abuse and shameful actions of some of the fans (whether standers or not) that is appaling.

27 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

I wonder how long this argument will go on for.

At the end of the day, people will always want to stand at the football, and people will always be sat behind them moaning because they can't see. 

Maybe it would have been better if we could select our individual seats like you can on LCFC Direct, then maybe those with kids could have easily selected seats nearer the front.

All this chat won't take the shine off my day though, it was still special. 

Or even unreserved seating. There's plenty of examples where's it's an unreserved away end (Barnsley as an example) so everybody can sit/stand where they like. Just don't print seat numbers on any ticket.

20 minutes ago, FIF said:

Mate you have a persecution complex.

People in this thread have reported first hand about the ugly incidents at the match. No-one as far as I'm aware is saying that it was you so just grow up accept that there was and condemn it.

the world doesn't revolve around you and your chums.

Yes they have, but no one's been able to link it to UFS categorically which is the point I was making. As your chum BTS said "did you read my original post?"

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I hate to go all 'Bluetintedspecs' on you, but did you read C-Man's post on the previous page?

I just read it now, but my opinion doesn't change. I deliberately didn't say "all" members of UFS because it isnt everyone. But some take being a member of UFS as a pass to be a gobshite. Those two topless clowns I saw walking away on Sunday shouting how fans were shit and L1 was shit for not singing were telling people to join them in UFS. They just came across as a pair of utter pricks. Absolutely no need for it.

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yes they have, but no one's been able to link it to UFS categorically which is the point I was making. As your chum BTS said "did you read my original post?"

No. I keep getting confused which thread I'm in. Mostly thought this was Gaelic Fox's thread about some of the shitty supporters we have. You keep replying to me thinking I'm having a go at your little band of singers and I keep thinking you're talking about the overall disgraceful actions of some of the supporters.

1 hour ago, C-man said:

I really try hard to show self-restraint when I read comments about Union FS on here because I'm obviously biased and I don't feel as though any of UFS' membership should speak on behalf of or have to defend the group against (generally) baseless accusations but I'm growing pretty weary of this. 

We've always taken the approach that staying silent is better than getting into a heated debate (that is why the 'official' Union FS account rarely posts), but it appears that people are now starting to take the suspicions of individuals on here (and on Twitter) as fact which obviously doesn't help us. 

From the day the group formed, UFS has always opened its doors to anyone who wants to join and contribute - be it financially in terms of donations (no matter how large or small), hours on non-matchdays for tifo preparation, working with the FSF on various campaigns or negotiating with the Club on fan related matters including safe standing. It has worked hard on trying not to be 'elitist' - if you read any of UFS' communications you will hopefully see it is addressed to all and usually acknowledges that people will want to support the team in their own way.

The great thing about being open to all is that it ends up being a cross-section of our support, which is a further cross-section of society. That means we have a group made up of teachers, accountants, students, charity workers, supermarket workers, between jobbers, shift workers, Tories, Ukippers, Corbynites, Brits, Americans, 'nob heads', 'twats' or 'morons' as people outside are so often quick to judge. Most of the group have a different outlook on football but the two things that bind them is a love for Leicester City and an absolute desire to better atmosphere at games. Often that comes across as obvious on here, and in the stadium where we do try to encourage others to take an active part in vocally supporting the team. I don't think the group should make any apologies for that, provided it is done with a degree of respect. 

The group will always maintain everyone has a right to support the team in their own way, no more so than its own members. At the end of the day, we are all Leicester and want the best for Ranieri's boys. Respect on all sides wouldn't go amiss, but seeing as you've showed none, to answer your questions directly:

1) Yes I can read and I'll interpret your original post the way others have too. It was leading and unnecessary.

2) See above. We're open to all - if you think they're 'nob heads', that's your opinion but you don't know them.

3) Yes, we met at The Torch. Yes, we walked to Wembley as a group with hundreds of others. It was fvcking brilliant.

4) I have no idea if a young girl was hit by a pyrotechnic but if it did happen, once again, I'm sorry for her but it has nothing to do with us. UFS took zero pyro to London on Sunday.

5) I didn't say you said it was Union FS. I referenced the fact you jumped on AKCJ's post around us having 'utter twats attracted to the group', linked it with an incident you had heard about (not seen) involving a pyrotechnic based on your own pre-dispositions of the group and felt that you had to ask the question. 'I only asked if what he was saying was right' - where did AKCJ mention pyro in his post? 

The only way UFS could truly 'self-police' is to close our doors and vet every person who joins us, and spend the game telling anyone and everyone who comes over us during games to enjoy the atmosphere to do one. But that would be quite 'elitist' wouldn't it? 

I would like to start this post by confirming and categorically stating I never once personally stated nor intentionally inferred that Union FS were responsible for some of the deplorable actions of some of our low life at Wembley on Sunday. I was not intentionally linking the incidents nor pointing the finger, they were incidents reported, discussed and promoted on here that I was encompassing in one post. Truly my genuine concern was that factions of "nob heads" "wannabe ultras" as eluded to in AKCJ post were attaching themselves to Union FS and besmirching the group and more importantly damaging the reputation of our club.

As a lifelong fan ( 46 years since I was 6)

I am passionate about Leicester City Football Club and always have been. Seeing as you have taken the time to respond to my post point by point and in effect lay your cards and concerns on the table I will do the same. 

I feel it would be excellent if the sentiment of UFS was that of what you profess above as opposed to how I see it is becoming.....an egotistical self promotion,  like the 'smashy and nicey' Union FS video, including now a giant banner at Wembley with the groups name on it, that's really quiet and low key isn't it? I support Leicester City Football Club not Union FS. If you are wanting to create an atmosphere great, look at us we're here banners is not great we are LCFC ...NOT Union FS.

Organising a march down Wembley way is in my opinion cringey, could be deemed to be confrontational and most definitely could attract some less savoury elements.

Why the need to organise en mass and march if you are not a gang seeking attention?

I disagreed with the planned anti Sky protest at Arsenal ,and always will,  in my opinion it was ill thought out attention seeking and it was potentially damaging to our players and the club.

So I feel that what Union FS initially started out as has now become a self promoting monster with some members that see themselves above others, better fans and patently by some comments ,above the law and holding no regard to other people's and fellow fans views or right to watch the game seated or support how they want too.

So to that end you do not represent me nor I would imagine the vast majority of LCFC supporters , you appear to represent yourself and your own egos to me.

Do L1 have a banner and a gang?....no its a group of like minded vocal supporters who sit/ stand in a section and support Leicester City Football Club, as it should be.

If the club are sanctioning your beliefs and you are seen to be representing the Leicester City Fans as a whole then please let me know,  because as a long time season ticket holder and lifelong fan, with my own voice I will be letting the club know about my concerns about the way things are going, you as a group nor any individuals are bigger than and should never be promoting themselves more than Leicester City Football Club.

This is my final word on the matter and my next representations will be to the club If it's confirmed you represent the fans.

45 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

If it's not for you that's cool, but don't call people weird that do enjoy it. Like C-Man said a bit of respect from everyone involved is needed, I'm sure you wouldn't be happy if people started calling the way you enjoy the football weird. 

That's what I don't like about these things. See what you have done there, say I should have respect and say that I should not call you weird.

If I think it's weird, that is entirely my opinion and I can have it. But then you are part of a group, you feel big and think I can't have an opinion.

Its weird to me, and I also don't have to respect what you do either. 

1 minute ago, FIF said:

No. I keep getting confused which thread I'm in. Mostly thought this was Gaelic Fox's thread about some of the shitty supporters we have. You keep replying to me thinking I'm having a go at your little band of singers and I keep thinking you're talking about the overall disgraceful actions of some of the supporters.

Right, then apologies.. This is where the majority of the issues have arisen in here, people taking things the wrong way, people jumping to conclusions etc.

Archived