Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

New chants and songs

14 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Palace for Townsend. Various others have done it since I think.

It's a good chant, but not our own sadly.

It's very difficult to get a chant that you've made going though. Can't remember the last time we sang a song that nobody else sings.

These sort of chants are punchy and they're easy to learn. Easier to keep a good atmosphere up with simple chants.

I wouldn't worry about "stealing" (lol at that btw) a chant. I'd rather the fans keep up a cracking atmosphere of songs that other teams sing than to sit there in near silence while one bloke sits there trying to get an elaborate chant going.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

It's very difficult to get a chant that you've made going though. Can't remember the last time we sang a song that nobody else sings.

These sort of chants are punchy and they're easy to learn. Easier to keep a good atmosphere up with simple chants.

I wouldn't worry about "stealing" (lol at that btw) a chant. I'd rather the fans keep up a cracking atmosphere of songs that other teams sing than to sit there in near silence while one bloke sits there trying to get an elaborate chant going.

Yeah, I totally get that. Every single player of ours needs their own song, whatever it is! Just a shame we're not the kind of fanbase who put much stock in being creative (I appreciate those are very few and far between).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Yeah, I totally get that. Every single player of ours needs their own song, whatever it is! Just a shame we're not the kind of fanbase who put much stock in being creative (I appreciate those are very few and far between).

A couple of totally original ones (or close enough not make a difference) have become some of our best over the last few years, namely Dusty and Ulloa's song. Those are ones that people plowed a lot of time into to get off the ground and picked up nicely, giving something totally new to the songbook. Just needs a balance of ones like that which take some time, and quick ones like Caglar's UB40 one and this Youri one. 

• Like 1

I'd hate for us to become Derby where every song is a rip off from elsewhere. It's not exactly support if you sing the same songs as 50 other clubs. There's plenty of songs that I don't like (Come on Leicester boys) but I still sing them, it's just that we shouldn't stoop so low as to sing Allez Allez Allez, Si Señor, Rodger's is at the wheel etc

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 4ever and ever said:

Any Jonny Evans songs been suggested? The man needs one. He is incredible

5 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Got have a reference to a taxi in.

To the 'Hokey Cokey' theme..

Woah, Jonny Evans,

Woah, Jonny Evans,

Woah, Jonny Evans,

Steals you taxi,

Ra-ra-ra

:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

A couple of totally original ones (or close enough not make a difference) have become some of our best over the last few years, namely Dusty and Ulloa's song. Those are ones that people plowed a lot of time into to get off the ground and picked up nicely, giving something totally new to the songbook. Just needs a balance of ones like that which take some time, and quick ones like Caglar's UB40 one and this Youri one. 

Ulloa's song was sung by the Argentina fans at the 2014 World Cup IIRC. We just altered the words for Leo.

I remember videos of them singing it constantly being posted on here.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Ulloa's song was sung by the Argentina fans at the 2014 World Cup IIRC. We just altered the words for Leo.

I remember videos of them singing it constantly being posted on here.

Yeah the tune was in use but no one was singing it in English and the tune wasn't well know at all.