Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Welcome Islam Slimani

European Golden Shoe 2015/16

Player Club Goals Multiplier Points
Luis Suarez Barcelona 40 2.0 80
Gonzalo Higuain Napoli 36 2.0 72
Cristiano Ronaldo Real Madrid 35 2.0 70
Jonas Benfica 32 2.0 64
Robert Lewandowski Bayern Munich 30 2.0 60
Zlatan Ibrahimovic Paris St Germain 38 1.5 57
Islam Slimani Sporting 27 2.0 54
Lionel Messi Barcelona 26 2.0 52
Harry Kane Tottenham 25 2.0 50
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Borussia Dortmund

Can Islam Slimani reiterate his scoring tally in 2016/2017

25 2.0

1 hour ago, AlgerianFox said:

European Golden Shoe 2015/16

Player Club Goals Multiplier Points
Luis Suarez Barcelona 40 2.0 80
Gonzalo Higuain Napoli 36 2.0 72
Cristiano Ronaldo Real Madrid 35 2.0 70
Jonas Benfica 32 2.0 64
Robert Lewandowski Bayern Munich 30 2.0 60
Zlatan Ibrahimovic Paris St Germain 38 1.5 57
Islam Slimani Sporting 27 2.0 54
Lionel Messi Barcelona 26 2.0 52
Harry Kane Tottenham 25 2.0 50
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Borussia Dortmund

Can Islam Slimani reiterate his scoring tally in 2016/2017

25 2.0

Seeing this Table really shows how far lcfc has come! wow. Considering we have a Champions league game in mid week, I can see some big changes against Liverpool tomorrow. First Champions league game I can see the league winning squad starting. A big shout but  CR resting Vardy for the CL game sounds likely and replacing him with Musa, and subbing for Slimani at 70 min

12 hours ago, Gerbold said:

Yeh, yeh. And you got a rep. for writing two lines of this remorseless banality. Sleep on, pal -  more sense will arise from you than ever it does when you're awake.

Well it was supposed to be a pithy one line retort to your rather verbose grandstanding, not to be taken seriously but I guess that sometimes does not come across in print.

Babylon beat me to it but your list of players which you invite comparison with Shinji somewhat furthers my argument not yours.  Ozil 19 assists, Eriksen 13 assists and surely you don't wish to compare his goalscoring ratio with that of Marcus Rashford?  

....And that's the trouble with people who feel the need to proclaim their colossal intelligence whilst denouncing those who disagree as ignorant ....  They're not half as clever as they think they are!

1 hour ago, Gerbold said:

Babylon wasn't intending a show of a one-upmanship put-down - at least I don't imagine so. However you have a predilection for blow-for-blow 'verbal' combat. I have to admit that this time I was the initiatator. of the argument but you were pretty inflammatory. And you got plenty of disagreement to your opinion, although in a less disagreeable form than mine.

As to your argument about Okizaki and his minimal assists - my opinion is that the team did more than enough in the form it was in. Okizaki didn't need to provide assists because Mahrez was providing them - amongst others. You don't seem to be able to accept that in an unsurpassable season each player played to his strengths fully - Okizaki did a job which saw him reselected each and every week by the 'selectors'. You appear to actually resent his presence in the team in spite of his efforts - which I think displays a mean-spirit more than football acumen. You also seem to be sensitive to implied slights as to your intellect. Maybe if you presented your case in a more neutral fashion people like me might respond in a more measured manner.

I will try to take your implied advice though and not be such a pain-in-the-arse. Maybe you could also attempt that same strategem.

Off on hols for ten days -  toodle-pip!

It's Okazaki, mate.

10 hours ago, Gerbold said:

Well, mate, - as Will Shakespeare wrote "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet". But thanks for the correction of my error. I wouldn't want want anyone confusing what I wrote about Shinji Okazaki with someone named Okizaki, would I...mate?

You're welcome. I just thought that as somebody who clearly takes pride in their grammatical excellence, you wouldn't want to misspell the name of the player who is indeed central to the subject matter of your post.

Archived