Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benguin

Will Shinji ever score a normal goal?

Haha, talking with the group I went with last night, I said while other players like Le Tissier can boast films of their "100 Best Goals," or whateer, surely Shinji could consider releasing something entitled "Goals At Their Ugliest".

Cos all the goals i recall from him spelt SCRAPPY in capital letters and, if anything they're getting worse.

I'd never have called him the most dynamic striker at the best of times but there's no faulting his economy of contact - which is just enough to ease the ball over the line and no more. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he's dispensed with high-powered engines when he drives and instead uses a pedal-system like nippers used to have on the pre-War toys they used to pedal along the pavements. 

But, does it matter. Well, not if he can continue popping in two a match and somehow see that we win. That we missed him so much when he went off says a lot because, on last night's performance, I saw our 25-man Premiership squad as being considerably short of basic requirements. 

But not Shinji. He was one of the grown ups and one of a select group who really looked as if they wanted, and were determined, to win.         

8 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Haha, talking with the group I went with last night, I said while other players like Le Tissier can boast films of their "100 Best Goals," or whateer, surely Kante could consider releasing something entitled "Goals At Their Ugliest".

Cos all the goals i recall from him spelt SCRAPPY in capital letters and, if anything they're getting worse.

I'd never have called him the most dynamic striker at the best of times but there's no faulting his economy of contact - which is just enough to ease the ball over the line and no more. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he's dispensed with high-powered engines when he drives and instead uses a pedal-system like nippers used to have on the pre-War toys they used to pedal along the pavements. 

But, does it matter. Well, not if he can continue popping in two a match and somehow see that we win. That we missed him so much when he went off says a lot because, on last night's performance, I saw our 25-man Premiership squad as being considerably short of basic requirements. 

But not Shinji. He was one of the grown ups and one of a select group who really looked as if they wanted, and were determined, to win.         

Slight edit needed I assume...

Just now, Thracian said:

Thanks for that HighPeak - I went almost straight from the King Power to Gloucester for a 5am market and am absolutely Cream Crackered. I hope at least some of it makes sense! :)  

Not a problem, I knew what you meant but thought you're the kind of chap that wants things right...

13 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

from the one yard out line he is the best striker in the world but from further out he struggles with his shooting and getting it on target, love the guy though as he always tries his best and is full of running and plays with a smile on his face, could do with shooting practice and learning from the other strikers that we have although this may change his natural game

50 goals for Japan, so I'm not sure its all about his shooting ability as such.

18 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

from the one yard out line he is the best striker in the world but from further out he struggles with his shooting and getting it on target, love the guy though as he always tries his best and is full of running and plays with a smile on his face, could do with shooting practice and learning from the other strikers that we have although this may change his natural game

He would not score if this man was in goal.

https://youtu.be/3V9jkIYBJxM

On 21/09/2016 at 12:44, Blue and white said:

He must be the only player in the league who is still churning out Diadora boots that look like they belong in the 90's, can't help.

They're mizunos, Marty Fryatt still dons a pair I think. They're actually probably the best on the market. Although they're probably more known for their golf clubs

I never rated shinji to be honest. He is one of the reasons that fans of other big teams call us weaker. Love it or not. Leicester was a three man team. With the help of the other starting players. Kantè was the best CM last year( he played like he had 3 lungs )Mahrez was the best winger/player is the league(he had 3 goals and 2 assists more then hazard's best season). Vardy was the best striker in the league ( with a fraction of the delivery that players like aguero. costa and kane get ) the team was labeld " the mahrez and vardy team". because shinji was subpar. But now you can obviously see (if you go to Twitter) the change that a class striker brings. Now the "big team " fans literally fear us. And I am not the only one to say. This team is better then last year. Even the "fringe" players of last season are playing good (Simpson. Drinkwater and Marc ). Honestly. I think we can do bits in the champions league

Edit: for me Fuchs was the 4th best player in the team. He is criminally underrated

• 5 weeks later...

Great love for Shinji on MOTD, including how he prevented Palace's build up play.

If we can prevent direct approaches on Morgan and Huth, maybe with a narrow Albrighton and Musa, then we could get somewhere again.

On 21 September 2016 at 12:44, Blue and white said:

He must be the only player in the league who is still churning out Diadora boots that look like they belong in the 90's, can't help.

Great goal from those Diadora boots !   ......    Walk on Blue and White !    

Archived