Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

Would be interesting to see him in a midfield three. He could sit in deep sweeping up the crap with possibly the likes of Mendy and Drinkwater further up the field. That could possibly work. 

I haven't given up on Amartey. The boy is still young and learning his trade. Hopefully with the right system of play he will shine. 

Edited by buzzer_b
  • Like 2

Seems to me young Amartey is getting the blame for everyone.

Would he be ok look as bad with two decent centre backs behind him. Would he look so bad if our wide men were putting in half the shift they did last season. Also if our forwards managed to use the ball a little or even hold it up.

To me our only outfield players worth a spot are Okazaki Drinky and Fuchs next best being Simpson. The rest I could easily drop atm. And no not to the bench I mean from the squad.

When you've got a reputation as a weak link amongst the fans everything they do will be analysed in greater detail so any mistakes will be pounced upon. It's not just on here where he's had criticism, it's happened in matches too.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Needs to be in a midfield 3 or a defensive 3, he'd probably be a lot easier on the eye.

Agreed, I've been on his case but it's not fair on him to play in a two. It's poor tactics and recruitment that got him into this situation. Ranieri being afraid to drop Vardy and Mahrez and the refusal to play a 3 man CM is more of a concern for me now. Really hope Ranieri changes it, otherwise the shenanigans in the media can only get worse.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Pete Campbell said:

Amartey is actually one of the things I'm happy about this season. He has had his moments, but like people have been saying all season, playing him in a 2 man midfield is hanging him out to dry. I still think he has a lot of potential, and has looked really good at times.

I have literally no idea what game some people who post on here, are watching? I've said this for ages.

Amartey both in terms of his defensive positioning, and his attacking creativity, is basically crap. He neither makes goals, nor scores them. His passing is rarely more than ten yards. And the number of goals we've conceded to opposition midfielders near or around the edge of the area....is too many.

I hope Drinkwater and Mendy start against Stoke (if we go 442), play well and sort our fooking dire midfield out long term.

Its always fascinating how fans tend to warm to certain players for some reason, and not to others. I guess it's this thing about Amartey being 'young and developing' or something.

• Like 3

Love his energy and enthusiasm, but he needs to develop his overall game more. He does a lot of things well, but nothing really well. I was hoping he would be a lot stronger defensively, and so we could use that and then develop his passing and composure on the ball the longer he spent with us. 

I think after the transfer window, he will go back to being used mainly as a subsitute, giving him time to develop and improve all areas of his game. He has potential, but he is definitely not going to become a star over night with what I have seen so far. Lots of work and patience with him, and we may in time, have a very useful player on our hands.

Nowhere near good enough i'm afraid, not for the premiership and definitely not for the defending champions. At best I'd say mid table championship is pehaps his level in all honesty. I'm actually bewildered that he even gets anywhere near the first 11. He hassles his opponent i'll give him that only he does it 2 yards away from the ball. He casually lets play run straight through him, he's pulled all over the field leaving gaps as wide as vardys eye sockets after a night on the right stuff. I cant knock him for his effort, he does try, but lacks vision and any sort of ability to read the game. I'd go as far as saying Amartey and King are probably the worst CM partnership in the entire division and perhaps a good slice of the division below as well.

Edited by psychonaut
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I have literally no idea what game some people who post on here, are watching? I've said this for ages.

Amartey both in terms of his defensive positioning, and his attacking creativity, is basically crap. He neither makes goals, nor scores them. His passing is rarely more than ten yards. And the number of goals we've conceded to opposition midfielders near or around the edge of the area....is too many.

I hope Drinkwater and Mendy start against Stoke (if we go 442), play well and sort our fooking dire midfield out long term.

Its always fascinating how fans tend to warm to certain players for some reason, and not to others. I guess it's this thing about Amartey being 'young and developing' or something.

Maybe they've watched the full season, seen him put in some great performances at home, struggle away and come to the conclusion that he's got potential because he's capable of having brilliant games, but is inconsistent because he was only just starting primary school when Y2K was a thing and our style of play away is hanging the entire squad out to dry?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Maybe they've watched the full season, seen him put in some great performances at home, struggle away and come to the conclusion that he's got potential because he's capable of having brilliant games, but is inconsistent because he was only just starting primary school when Y2K was a thing and our style of play away is hanging the entire squad out to dry?

This is my point.

When, on earth, has he had a 'brilliant game'?

Brilliant!?

He's had better games where he's looked lively. He's also had absolute fookin stinkers.

And again....this is the Premiership. It's ruthless, it's a points business. It's a constant onslaught of quality opposition. 'Realising potential' is not wanted when we are where we are. 

The only thing I'd agree with you over is that he's NO WAY a 442 CM. If we are to play him away from the KP he's got to be in a midfield 3. Which I've said right from the off.

Brilliant! For fooks sake....

lol

7 hours ago, psychonaut said:

Nowhere near good enough i'm afraid, not for the premiership and definitely not for the defending champions. At best I'd say mid table championship is pehaps his level in all honesty. I'm actually bewildered that he even gets anywhere near the first 11. He hassles his opponent i'll give him that only he does it 2 yards away from the ball. He casually lets play run straight through him, he's pulled all over the field leaving gaps as wide as vardys eye sockets after a night on the right stuff. I cant knock him for his effort, he does try, but lacks vision and any sort of ability to read the game. I'd go as far as saying Amartey and King are probably the worst CM partnership in the entire division and perhaps a good slice of the division below as well.

We've not really had much choice with Mendy out and Drinkwater suspended. King doesn't exactly outshine him despite his experience. 

Probably will help him when January comes and we sort out the shit tactics, formation and our depth issue. Nearly every team plays with 3 in the middle, and I hope we don't carry on the season expecting to get anywhere with 2. 

11 hours ago, Col city fan said:

This is my point.

When, on earth, has he had a 'brilliant game'?

Brilliant!?

He's had better games where he's looked lively. He's also had absolute fookin stinkers.

And again....this is the Premiership. It's ruthless, it's a points business. It's a constant onslaught of quality opposition. 'Realising potential' is not wanted when we are where we are. 

The only thing I'd agree with you over is that he's NO WAY a 442 CM. If we are to play him away from the KP he's got to be in a midfield 3. Which I've said right from the off.

Brilliant! For fooks sake....

lol

Five days ago for a start... Also Swansea at home. Pretty good vs bruge (away), Burnley and palace as well.

Still better than King IMO

Amartey is poor but he's the best option we currently have next to DD....until Mendy gets match fit that is. When Ndidi arrives Amartey drops down to 4th in the pecking order and King will be 5th. 

59 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Pretty good ?  what kind of apologetic rhetoric is that ? you must be the only one one who thinks this player has or ever or will be good enough at premiership level .  Had he been at a top club he would have been binned within his second outing . 

He only knows how to pass sideways or back . He is so far out of his depth is unbelievable and says all you need to know about Ranieri.  Sorry Doctor but you need to wake up.

Ignore palace, I'm misremembering that match, but Burnley and bruge he was pretty good, go back and look at the matc ratings for them. As for no one has ever thought he was good enough: 

Que?

51 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

lol

Says it all really

Given he's at best ignoring half of what I said, at worst rewriting history (something that seems common with people commenting on the final year of Pearson on here - now it's everyone could see we weren't far away, at the time I was one of the few saying that, and everyone was laughing), it doesn't say much at all.

• Like 1