Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

8 hours ago, lcfcrinaldi said:

Having a bit of a lull in using my Switch, starting to get a bit bored of the repetitive nature of Mario, especially when you essentially have to do the whole thing again to collect extra moons.

As much grief as I may get for this, I just couldn't get into Zelda at all. I've not played a Zelda game since the Gameboy, so it may be part of it. But I just feel like it's TOO open and at no point is it really anyway hand holding, so I've just ended up being like "erm... What am I meant to do now?" so for a noob like me, it's no quite as accessible. I love the design and stuff, but I just can't get into it.

I've also got LA Noire, which I can't really have too much judgement about, as I feel like you really have to sit down and play for a while and I've just not really had the opportunity. 

And of course Mario Kart 8 is incredible for a group of friends to have some fun with. Whenever we have a few people round, they always want to play it. Shame that the controllers are so expensive, winner stays on ruins the fun, just a tad.

I play it with the kids and it’s great, we mostly play Mario Kart or splatoon atm. As for controllers, yeah the joycons and the pro controllers are expensive but the third party ones aren’t. I’ve just ordered two from amazon so we can play 4 player Mario kart for £25 each. I’ll let you know if they’re any good. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/04/2018 at 19:38, Strokes said:

I play it with the kids and it’s great, we mostly play Mario Kart or splatoon atm. As for controllers, yeah the joycons and the pro controllers are expensive but the third party ones aren’t. I’ve just ordered two from amazon so we can play 4 player Mario kart for £25 each. I’ll let you know if they’re any good. 

How are you getting on with those controllers? In the market for some now and genuinely considering getting the official Joycons for £60.

Are there any 3rd party Joycons? Or just the gamepad type controllers?

12 hours ago, lcfcrinaldi said:

How are you getting on with those controllers? In the market for some now and genuinely considering getting the official Joycons for £60.

Are there any 3rd party Joycons? Or just the gamepad type controllers?

Yeah they are good for Mario Kart, Minecraft and Splatoon. The games that require the movement sensors they are ok for but not as good as the joycons because of the design. Overall 8 out 10.

11 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Highly recommend Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for anyone looking for a new Switch game. The level design and the music is amazing! Really enjoyable game so far. 

I’ve been thinking about this, will put it on the list, I’m going to platinum god of war first then I’ll be ready for a new game.

How’s the two player mode?

Edited by Captain...

13 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Highly recommend Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for anyone looking for a new Switch game. The level design and the music is amazing! Really enjoyable game so far. 

It looks great but £50 is a bit lumpy I think. 

12 hours ago, Captain... said:

I’ve been thinking about this, will put it on the list, I’m going to platinum god of war first then I’ll be ready for a new game.

How’s the two player mode?

It’s really good. I play it with my girlfriend on Funky mode which is the easier of the two settings and it’s still really difficult. However, we find the levels so enjoyable that we don’t mind replaying them.

The price is steep for a port, but it’s so good. So if you missed out on the Wii U edition, I would categorise this as a must buy if you enjoy platformers and the general quirkiness of Nintendo games.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

It’s really good. I play it with my girlfriend on Funky mode which is the easier of the two settings and it’s still really difficult. 

Nothing is harder than the Squarks section of Animal Antics in DKC2 I have PTSD of that level. You can get all the 3 Rare original DKC games on 3ds virtual console I prefer them but the Retro ones are good too

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, FOXYTALK said:

what do people make of the upcoming pokemon i choose you games coming to the switch?

Looks decent enough, really tho we need a brand new Pokemon RPG. The switch would kill it. Think there is 1 in development.

im just sat here waiting for Metroid Prime

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Looks decent enough, really tho we need a brand new Pokemon RPG. The switch would kill it. Think there is 1 in development.

im just sat here waiting for Metroid Prime

Due in the latter half of next year I believe.  Jury's out on the Let's Go titles, I lost interest in Go and deleted it not long after release so won't be benefiting from the cross-title compatibility and if it could evolve I would've liked the idea of a campaign where you start with an Eevee but I gather evolving the starters isn't an option which makes you wonder what the point of making it the other starter choice is... That said if the games' only major gameplay difference from the core series is the gimmicky catching mechanic and the rest of it plays how you would expect a next-gen reimagining of yellow to then there's a good chance I'll be splashing out on the Pikachu version, especially if it's vanilla to the point of removing the power stone crap.

On 2/6/2018 at 00:48, Carl the Llama said:

Due in the latter half of next year I believe.  Jury's out on the Let's Go titles, I lost interest in Go and deleted it not long after release so won't be benefiting from the cross-title compatibility and if it could evolve I would've liked the idea of a campaign where you start with an Eevee but I gather evolving the starters isn't an option which makes you wonder what the point of making it the other starter choice is... That said if the games' only major gameplay difference from the core series is the gimmicky catching mechanic and the rest of it plays how you would expect a next-gen reimagining of yellow to then there's a good chance I'll be splashing out on the Pikachu version, especially if it's vanilla to the point of removing the power stone crap.

I'm completely with you. I'll 100% be buying it, because I've been dying for a Pokemon game for a long time and the brief Pokemon go fad, really made me yurn for some more nostalgia.

I'd be even more excited about the "other" pokemon game in development, hopefully they give us a little something to tease us with at E3.

Really looking forward to the Nintendo Switch conference at E3 tomorrow.

Hopefully be getting a look at Pokemon Let's Go and Pokemon 2019. Can see a new Metroid game being announced too. And possibly another Mario Kart. Likely to have some Game play from the new Smash Bros as well.

9 minutes ago, lcfcrinaldi said:

Really looking forward to the Nintendo Switch conference at E3 tomorrow.

Hopefully be getting a look at Pokemon Let's Go and Pokemon 2019. Can see a new Metroid game being announced too. And possibly another Mario Kart. Likely to have some Game play from the new Smash Bros as well.

They announced Metroid Prime 4 a while ago. Im hoping we will actually see some screenshots tomorrow. All the Metroid games are really good.

E3 Direct was alright, new Mario Party is good to have, Fortnite for all the kids who are into that game, really liked the cool robot game they started with, had some nice Zone of the Enders vibes going on. Loads of Smash Bros info, took up half the direct on it's own lol

Think the game I'm most looking forward to is Fire Emblem though, really enjoyed the 3DS games, and this looks like a cool evolution on them, really like the graphical style and the whole battling armies thing they have going on. Looks like a cool Game of Thrones in an Anime world kind of plot, what with the 3 houses, which from the map look like they'll be ...

hold on

what's that name in the top right hand corner?

RwmfuVn.jpg

WE ARE MASSIVE

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Dead Cells

Everything sick. 

Game looks pretty decent but it's price in the shop doesn't: £20+ for a 2D roguelike?  That's a lot of money for a low-res title where game length derives less from breadth of content and more from harsh difficulty and re-playing the same (but different) level umpteen times.  Not to mention running the risk of being too nooby at the game to ever reach its best content like I am with Gungeon (which I've plunged 18 hours into so far but still haven't got past the 2nd boss on any of my runs lol ).  Definitely picking it up on sale eventually though.

yeah I get the argument about the price for games like this but I've had more value out of Binding of Isaac (nearly 300 hours), EtG (lots of hours), Dead Cells (25+ hours already) and similar than I have out of AAA titles in the last few years, easily. 

I like the 2D pixel style - games like Celeste, Crypt of the Necrodancer, etc. are fun, quick to pick up and put down, hard to master but keep you coming back with a game-play loop that demands 'one more turn' to see which new strategy or unlock you're going to get next. 

I love this kind of shit - £20 for this is still a bargain, imo - it'll see a lot of love from me and I think these indie devs deserve our hard earned money more than some of the big AAA studio who keep churning out the same stagnant stuff. 

Dead Cells is a brilliantly tight experience. Give it a play! :)

• Like 1