Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leics 2 Middlesborough 2 Post match thread

Middlesbrough are a much better football team than us, it's that simple. No-one is expecting us to even come close to last season, but to be this shit because we've sold one player doesn't add up. Good recruitment, desire, strong tactics and general quality have all been extremely scarce this season and it's quite pathetic. How do you spend £60m and get this much worse? Most of our signings have been shite and it's meant that no matter how badly anyone from last season plays, they'll start again next week because the alternative is piss poor. 

Robert Huth as en example has been a miserable excuse for a footballer this season and he's the epitome of us right now. No general ability, slow and either go back to keeper or hoof it out for a throw in. He was great last year because the players in front of him could actually play football, but now he's being shown up for what he is. He's not the only one.

I don't mind us being 14th (we should be lower), but we are surely the worst team in the league to watch. 4 out of our last 5 goals have been penalties. The Brugge game was only entertaining because they're even worse than us. 

I don't even know what to suggest, but we have to mix it up for Sunderland. Anything. 

make no mistake these performances are just not good enough or what fans expected this season. yes we want to do well in the champions league but it shouldn't be to the detriment of our league position. whatever the fans believe we are in a relegation fight until we manage significantly to pull away from the bottom three and the bottom half of the table that is exactly what we are in and the players and Claudio  needs to understand this and roll up their sleeves and pull their fingers out to sort the mess we have created for ourselves. these performances are just not acceptable and the players brought in the summer have done nothing to improve the side. yes Slimani has scored goals but apart from that has he actually done anything does he run around or try to create space for himself or others. our star players from last season have gone completely off the boil and no where near the standard that they set for themselves. this season has become a slogfest in the league and performances and results need to drastically improve henceforth

3 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

make no mistake these performances are just not good enough or what fans expected this season. yes we want to do well in the champions league but it shouldn't be to the detriment of our league position. whatever the fans believe we are in a relegation fight until we manage significantly to pull away from the bottom three and the bottom half of the table that is exactly what we are in and the players and Claudio  needs to understand this and roll up their sleeves and pull their fingers out to sort the mess we have created for ourselves. these performances are just not acceptable and the players brought in the summer have done nothing to improve the side. yes Slimani has scored goals but apart from that has he actually done anything does he run around or try to create space for himself or others. our star players from last season have gone completely off the boil and no where near the standard that they set for themselves. this season has become a slogfest in the league and performances and results need to drastically improve henceforth

Yes many times since joining, as soon as he came on against Boro he was moving into positions to receive passes and created a few good opportunities. Done more then Vardy thats for sure.

4 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Middlesbrough are a much better football team than us, it's that simple. No-one is expecting us to even come close to last season, but to be this shit because we've sold one player doesn't add up. Good recruitment, desire, strong tactics and general quality have all been extremely scarce this season and it's quite pathetic. How do you spend £60m and get this much worse? Most of our signings have been shite and it's meant that no matter how badly anyone from last season plays, they'll start again next week because the alternative is piss poor. 

Robert Huth as en example has been a miserable excuse for a footballer this season and he's the epitome of us right now. No general ability, slow and either go back to keeper or hoof it out for a throw in. He was great last year because the players in front of him could actually play football, but now he's being shown up for what he is. He's not the only one.

I don't mind us being 14th (we should be lower), but we are surely the worst team in the league to watch. 4 out of our last 5 goals have been penalties. The Brugge game was only entertaining because they're even worse than us. 

I don't even know what to suggest, but we have to mix it up for Sunderland. Anything. 

Newcastle spent £80m and got relagated

If you'd just come out of a year long coma and saw where we presently are in the league (regardless of how we've done in an easy Champions League group to date), then no way would you say we had just done the unthinkable by winning the Prem. crown just six months earlier, just no way!! It is the hangover from hell it seems......regardless of things like injuries and Kante's departure. Drinkwater was missing on Saturday granted but even he'd had two duffers in the previous two games of course. The players have just lost their way as a unit and as Albrighton said in MOTD interview, something just isn't clicking like before. 

We were lucky to get a point against newly promoted 'Boro on Saturday for sure, despite the stats suggesting otherwise and with Shinji hitting the post with his spectacular overhead attempt. The first pen. would never have been given 9 times out of 10 but it was obviously our day! Then the fact that Slimani scored another one for us deep into stoppage time definitely meant it was our day. All results went for us too but this doesn't mask over our horrible season to date!

5 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Middlesbrough are a much better football team than us, it's that simple.

But they had two shots on goal and two other attempts. They were relatively toothless - look no further than Traore whose end product was wild. Passing sideways ain't for me personally. 

The worrying thing for me is the amount of chances we aren't creating! Barely tested valdes all game and they completed outpassed us all game aswell!

a change in system is now evident more than ever! i dont care which formation just bloody change it! 

On 26/11/2016 at 22:30, inckley fox said:

Our determination to see last season as a 'one off' hasn't helped. You might have a freak burst of form for a couple of months, but we were the best side in England for a season and a quarter. I honestly don't think it helped saying we had no chance of competing for the league, or Champions League, and should return to fretting about 40 points. A lot of players clocked onto this lack of ambition, conceded that 'the dream is over' and, naturally, dwelt on past glories more than the future.

I said back in May - not just me, but lots of people, in fact - that Ranieri had to present a logical 'next step forwards', after the title. As tough as it was, he had to make people believe that they still had things to dream about. Otherwise it all becomes about the past, not the future. And, in the event, he made a catalogue of errors. From transfer activity to backroom changes to pre-season programme. He didn't maintain momentum.

But a lot of people on here also feel that last season was just some freak occurrence. We've adopted a mentality which only required that our team escape relegation, rather than anything better. Take a glance back at some of the posts in August when people were saying that our transfer business was perfectly sufficient, that our pre-season or our early form was nothing to fret about, that Claudio and our players were heroes now no matter what, that the joy of watching football had all been consumed by May 2016. It was hardly a bold step forward on anyone's part.

This. 

I said this back in Aug / Sept - there was a sense of apathy from the players and the fans early on and if we didn't nip it in the bud it would have dire consequences in terms of performance, noise level at the KP which would stop being the fortress it has been over 18 months.

And here we are.

maybe he sold them the dream of winning the champions league and all our training is directed into winning two legged ties !!!

its clear from the touchline that the manager wants the ball hit long and for us to feed off scraps high up with the chance of winning possession in their half.  we sacrifice numbers in midfield to have the extra man higher up and therefore rarely have an available simple pass. therefore we look like we cant make a pass and it doesn't help that neither centre half is comfortable with the ball or making a pass more than 15 yards. I rather hoped that the manager may try a three with hernandez because he should be better with the ball at his feet (though not seen much evidence of this thus far). we went five in the middle against citeh at home last season so would be surprised if we don't do the same in two weeks.

On Sunday, November 27, 2016 at 23:16, NewEnglandFox said:

Besides 1 for 5 passing you mean?

I mean that video all isn't the first 15 is it? He tried to do things without the end product....agreed. But I'm not sure why he was being singled out at that point in the game.

Archived