Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leics 2 Middlesborough 2 Post match thread

13 hours ago, Vacamion said:

You've misunderstood the reason for referring to the past.

Perspective. A bit of perspective would do us all good.

For me, we should accept that we were bound to regress to the mean after our miracle season.

We should recognise that moaning after winning the league makes us a laughing stock and that those calling for Claudio to leave come across as whiny overentitled spoiled ingrates who don't realise (as Leicester fans of all people should) that you have to endure the downs to appreciate the ups.

Yes we're a shadow of last season, but we're not bottom with no hope, we are blummin 13th, we are in the Champions League after Christmas and we would all have snapped your hand off for that situation in the recent and indeed the distant past.

13th which is also two points off the bottom three. If we don't get two penalties yesterday then we wouldn't have scored. (Middlesbrough deserved to beat us). Our performances have been as poor as the results. I don't know where/I haven't seen anything to suggest we're going to win any of our next games.

We're not organised - look at goals we've been conceding. Players look like they aren't bothered. We're 13th now but I wouldn't be surprised if we're lower than that very soon.

4 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

One more performance like that and they'll lose the crowd completely.

Once that happens it'll be like last season and the great escape never happened.

So in the Transfer Window, that means we need to spend big on better fans...

28 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

13th which is also two points off the bottom three. If we don't get two penalties yesterday then we wouldn't have scored. (Middlesbrough deserved to beat us). Our performances have been as poor as the results. I don't know where/I haven't seen anything to suggest we're going to win any of our next games.

We're not organised - look at goals we've been conceding. Players look like they aren't bothered. We're 13th now but I wouldn't be surprised if we're lower than that very soon.

Spot on.

Don't only look at points. Look at HOW we are playing. The stats yesterday, for a side playing at home, were shocking really. Forward passes, possession, shots etc. I think I'm right that Borough's were better in nearly every department. 

This isn't good enough. And this is the end of a supposedly 'easier run'. 

We have to start playing better than this or relegation could be a possibility. Sunderland suddenly becomes a very early 6 pointer at this rate!

3 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

Unfortunately, it's the ghost of last seasons team and it is still drunk from the celebrations.

Nah I don't think it is - look at Slim picking up the ball after his pen and charging back to the centre circle with it...

First things is we have got to completely forget last season, this may as well be a new squad of players.

And we are in serious trouble, we have no game plan...and if we do isn't love to see what it is, we're incapable of stringing successive passes together, we have no interchanging movement, no creativity (at the moment) no hunger and no desire....since palace we have ****ing dreadful, and Boro could easily have put more past us is they had been a bit more creative coming forward...the frightening thing for me is Boro did all of those simple things right, and at times made us look like a league one side....

It's time to wake up and smell the coffee and realise that this is going to be a very long and very hard season, because at the moment there is no evidence that we can turn it around...

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Spot on.

Don't only look at points. Look at HOW we are playing. The stats yesterday, for a side playing at home, were shocking really. Forward passes, possession, shots etc. I think I'm right that Borough's were better in nearly every department. 

This isn't good enough. And this is the end of a supposedly 'easier run'. 

We have to start playing better than this or relegation could be a possibility. Sunderland suddenly becomes a very early 6 pointer at this rate!

(Pedant mode engaged) The stats show we had more shots than Boro, according to the BBC

Possession

Home41%
Away59%
Shots
Home11
Away6
Shots on Target
Home3
Away2
Corners
Home2
Away3
Fouls
Home15
Away12

Obviously I agree that it was a crap performance though.

Having just watched MOTD the commentator's words (and our forum comments) don't match with the edit of the footage. It looked like we battered them and they got lucky with two breaks!?

Obviously not true, but if that's the narrative why don't they edit the match this way?

I really thought there was a long term plan

i thought we could consolidate on last season

However totally inability to integrate new players. Don't think CR has. a clue to his best team or a formation that's effective 

Director of football must be responsible to abject recruitment policy

We have no depth in midfield 

No quality defenders in squad

Whoever is really running this club need to be bold and incisive soon

Such a shame to blow the legacy of last season

NB no sentiment in Premier League football

These players became as shit as they were before last season

Huth/Morgan duo is too weak

Simpson,King,Albrighton are Championship level and they should play for Aston villa or Blackburn

Cant see a footballer in Amartey

danny is way better defensively in this season,but not creating chances any more.thats too bad

Mahrez needs new club and there maybe he will shine again

Vardy is finished.he has not had  a singe shot on target since 11 september,yesterday he touched ball for 5 times and his and Riyad friendship is ruined - in last 7 games(not concluding yesterdays one) Mahrez gave only 1 pass to Vardy

4-4-2 doesnt work,long balls to Vardy doesnt work,Albrihton crosses doesnt work,Riyad running on right wing doesnt work any more and its obvious to everyone except Ranieri

13 game already and no change in tactics

I thought yesterday was a perfect opportunity to rest a few and bring in others like Hernadez and even Chilwell. Why was Schlupp left out after two promising appearances in his last 2 games.

Musa although talented looks lightweight for the premiership. Gray is really trying and that's all you can ask of any player. So give him a run in the side he might deliver and gain exxperience for the Champions league come March. 

At the moment the team is very unbalanced and CR needs to address it or it could all unravel very quickly. No body is too good to be relegated.

37 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

Simpson,King,Albrighton are Championship level and they should play for Aston villa or Blackburn

danny is way better defensively in this season,but not creating chances any more.thats too bad

Vardy is finished.he has not had  a singe shot on target since 11 september,yesterday he touched ball for 5 times and his and Riyad friendship is ruined - in last 7 games(not concluding yesterdays one) Mahrez gave only 1 pass to Vardy

4-4-2 doesnt work,long balls to Vardy doesnt work,Albrihton crosses doesnt work,Riyad running on right wing doesnt work any more and its obvious to everyone except Ranieri

Jeez talk about half empty your glass is bone dry.  Those players that won us the league are all championship level sh1t and are all finished.  And the man charge hasn't got a clue.  I know you might be a little upset about how things are going ...   In the league ...   But ffs give it a rest.  

Okazaki was very unlucky with his overkick attempt, such a difficult technique to execute effectively. If that went in, the game would've turned in our favour.

Now believe he's becoming more of a danger than Vardy to defences.

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

Okazaki was very unlucky with his overkick attempt, such a difficult technique to execute effectively. If that went in, the game would've turned in our favour.

Now believe he's becoming more of a danger than Vardy to defences.

It's because he picks up second balls as he plays in the pocket. Vardy gets nullified because all he wants to do is run in behind!

9 minutes ago, Richard said:

Luckily there's enough other teams that are crap more often than they are good this season. There's definitely 3 worse teams than us in the league 

I think in the last five games only Hull and Crystal Palace have picked up fewer points than us. Don't delude yourself at this moment we are a very poor team.

Thier left winger was man of the match....quite simply by running in a straight line and crossing it in. Did Simpson block a single cross? 

I really like Simpson. But he stood way too far off his man for the first goal. We need to be attacking everything. Go at them. Don't stand off and respect them.

44 minutes ago, reynard said:

I think in the last five games only Hull and Crystal Palace have picked up fewer points than us. Don't delude yourself at this moment we are a very poor team.

Over the season I do still believe we're better than at least Hull, Swansea, Sunderland and Palace if they carry on with Pardew.

Then there's Burnley, Watford etc. who have started 'well' but are still only a few points ahead of us

My first short summary of goals 1 to 3:

I wish Morgan would stop complaining about Negredo's opener. There clearly was no offside to call for (maybe a passive one), because Simpson cancelled it with his positioning. Even so, what on earth was that tracking back from our back four and Morgan in particular? He just runs towards our penalty box but at no point takes a look where his immediate opponent is positioned.

So Negredo can take all the time in the world to pick a corner and comes up with a beautiful lob that no keeper would be able to save.

And again - what on earth is Huth doing that far up in the opposition half just before they score? It takes him ages to return to his regular spot, in line with Morgan. In fact, he doesn't get there at all. Game's too fast for him. We can't put our centre-backs in unnecessary danger and they need to realize they're just not speedy enough for that kind of crap.

Huth also misses a crucial tackle against Negredo at the halfway line which should be King/Amartey territory!

Chambers did handle the ball with his hand (arm), just before we was pushed by Morgan. Deserved penalty for us.

Negredo's second? Well, our back four does it again... There is no clear communication, everyone is pointing to somebody else to cover his run, with the result that no one does. Whether Zieler should have come out a bit more or was right to head back to his near post is open to discussion. I can't fault him there when his defense is neglecting him that much.

But I'd also point out that I find it baffling the referee didn't whistle for a corner just before the goal, when Slimani's backheel flick found Amartey who passed it to Musa and whose shot was quite clearly deflected. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Phube said:

Having just watched MOTD the commentator's words (and our forum comments) don't match with the edit of the footage. It looked like we battered them and they got lucky with two breaks!?

Obviously not true, but if that's the narrative why don't they edit the match this way?

They were much better than us in general play but they showed their only chances (the goals and the shot wide). We had as many shots as them so MOTD was a fair reflection as they won't show long periods of possession.

3 hours ago, tsintskaro said:

I'd get on the Valium if I were you.  

To me apart from the lack of strong midfielders or indeed forward thinking midfielders we lack severely a decent game plan.

To often we seem to rely on hopeless long balls over the top or up to our strikers who inevitably lose the aerial battles (apart from Slimani and Ulloa). It's just so fricking ugly and incredibly unattractive to watch.

We need to get the ball on the floor and pass it around...Vardy isn't scoring but can we really say he's being given decent service? Is he getting balls through the middle (on the floor to run on to)?

The sooner we stop hopelessly hoofing the ball over the top the sooner the crowd will get behind the team....because it's not working and the results are poor the crowd will inevitably get fed up and feel like the excessive admission fees for poor results plus poor football are unacceptable and who can blame them??

3 hours ago, tsintskaro said:

Everything correct bar Simpson criticism. Always defensively solid, yes he is limited offensively but Simpson is probably our most consistent player this year maybe bar Kasper or Drinkwater. Rarely do you see him bested by his winger and always turns in 7/7.5 performances.

Done with this lot for the time being can't bear to watch shite football, champions and qualified for the champions last 16 but we are an embarrassment to the name CHAMPIONS.

When schmeichal, drinky and mendys back i'll perhaps watch again, some fans on here even though undoubtedely loyal must like watching utter dross.

i'm giving Ranieri till crimbo to turn performances round.

Archived