Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leics 2 Middlesborough 2 Post match thread

4 minutes ago, brucey said:

Ranieri did not set the team any target at the start of this season (as per Mahrez).

He has eventually now set a target prior to the Watford game (as per Ranieri). Most likely a points target for the run of games until Jan 2.

That doesn't seem to have helped at all, if anything it's been worse. Not sure if it would have made much of a difference to set a high target at the beginning.

I'm not just talking about targets. I'm referring more to the rhetoric. He said 'first and foremost forty points', and 'it's not possible a second time', and 'we can't win the Champions' League'. It sounds incredibly negative, and I think it did a lot to colour our expectations. It generated a bit of apathy. He could have easily said 'I want us to be a better side than we were last season. We might not win the league, we might not even qualify for Europe or win a cup, but I want us to be better.' The slant always seemed to be an excessively modest one.

Perhaps he was trying to counterbalance the worldwide headlines, the calls for a collective knighthood, the fairy-tale, the new cars and so on. I understand why he did it, but I think it's played its part in some of our players thinking that the dream was over before it necessarily was over.

11 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

You're not getting abuse, though. At least not from me. And you shouldn't confuse what you think, which is something only you know, with the mocking tone of your writing, which is something everyone can see for themselves. And no, I didn't say you were glad Kante left, nor that you were disappointed with our recruitment. That's clear in my message. But I did say that you appeared to be getting enjoyment from the 'fact' that you were right about King and Amartey, because you did. There's only so many exclamation marks you can attach to a post ridiculing Amartey/King 'Fan boys' (and only so many times you can use the word 'fan boy') without appearing to be both pleased at how right you were, and amused at how wrong others apparently were.

I've mentioned Fanboys loads of times, am I happy, for god sakes no!!

I remember a time we were facing relegation under Pearson, I called for his head every week.  I .more then happy to say I'm wrong.  

Your massively contradicting yourself, your the one that wrote loads of stuff with assumptions, I have been very clear, WHERE are the fan boys, I stick by statement, these guys need to put the club first.

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

I've mentioned Fanboys loads of times, am I happy, for god sakes no!!

I remember a time we were facing relegation under Pearson, I called for his head every week.  I .more then happy to say I'm wrong.  

Your massively contradicting yourself, your the one that wrote loads of stuff with assumptions, I have been very clear, WHERE are the fan boys, I stick by statement, these guys need to put the club first.

What are you talking about?

Do you really think anyone believes that Amartey and King are better than Kante, or Drinkwater, or even necessarily James and Mendy? People are just arguing, above all with regard to Amartey, that he isn't as terrible as some of you are saying, or at least not in comparison to plenty of his team-mates.

That's about as close to a 'fanboy' as anyone seems to get. And if that's a 'fanboy' then fine, here's the 'fanboy' you've been scouring the forum for. I think I 'put the club first', as you put it, by getting behind pretty much the only two centre mids we've got available, and defending them if people go over-the-top in their criticism, as we all do sometimes. But that's just being a 'fan', and I honestly don't know what alternative behaviour - in your mind - would be better.

Whatever it is, it certainly isn't writing countless social media messages slating Amartey and mocking those who defend him.

But I'm not sure what the assumptions are that you're talking about (something about me thinking you didn't like Kante? just re-read the message), nor what you mean by a 'fan boy', nor what those 'fan boys' can do to put their club first, nor what any of this has to do with you wanting Pearson fired. 

1 minute ago, inckley fox said:

What are you talking about?

Do you really think anyone believes that Amartey and King are better than Kante, or Drinkwater, or even necessarily James and Mendy? People are just arguing, above all with regard to Amartey, that he isn't as terrible as some of you are saying, or at least not in comparison to plenty of his team-mates.

That's about as close to a 'fanboy' as anyone seems to get. And if that's a 'fanboy' then fine, here's the 'fanboy' you've been scouring the forum for. I think I 'put the club first', as you put it, by getting behind pretty much the only two centre mids we've got available, and defending them if people go over-the-top in their criticism, as we all do sometimes. But that's just being a 'fan', and I honestly don't know what alternative behaviour - in your mind - would be better.

Whatever it is, it certainly isn't writing countless social media messages slating Amartey and mocking those who defend him.

But I'm not sure what the assumptions are that you're talking about (something about me thinking you didn't like Kante? just re-read the message), nor what you mean by a 'fan boy', nor what those 'fan boys' can do to put their club first, nor what any of this has to do with you wanting Pearson fired. 

You fooking having a giraffe, your making loads of assumptions again.  I have never mentioned King or Amertey to better or less then Kante.  

This is the point I'm.making, it's the fanboys that keep telling me they are the solution to kante which is proving to be the case they are not.  So why am I getting g the abuse????

I have been sworn at, given abuse, the FACT is, these guys are not good enough

Interesting seeing the highlights, Chambers looked like he should have been sent off, that elbow on Vardy was worse than the one Drinkwater has been banned for, then handles in the box doing the YMCA seconds later, yet doesn't get a second yellow. Could have been a different game if that had happened.

only saw the highlights on sky:

morgan wins us two penalties today:P

was expecting defeat with no drinkwater or schmeichel. I've given up on ranieri ever going anything other than 442.

so, a point gained if we're being optimistic but it looks like a scrap til january where i pray we arent too deep in shít and make the right signings to give ourselves a fighting chance.

2 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

You fooking having a giraffe, your making loads of assumptions again.  I have never mentioned King or Amertey to better or less then Kante.  

This is the point I'm.making, it's the fanboys that keep telling me they are the solution to kante which is proving to be the case they are not.  So why am I getting g the abuse????

I have been sworn at, given abuse, the FACT is, these guys are not good enough

I feel like I'm talking a man clutching a bottle of white rum down from a rooftop. You are the one who's swearing, going on about 'assumptions' (whatever they may be). For the second, third or fourth time, I said that there was no such thing as an Amartey 'fan boy'. Nobody thought Amartey or King was better than Kante, for example. If they did, or if they thought they were an upgrade on Drinky, then that might constitute being a 'fan boy'. This is what I said. That's not the same as, nor anywhere near, me saying that you don't rate Kante (which you said in the last post) or that you are comparing the two (which is your latest interpretation). Nobody's suggested any such thing.

What some of us are doing is defending, say, Amartey from the more over-the-top criticism he's received (from people like yourself). That's not being a 'fan boy', that's being a 'fan'. On another day it might be me clutching the Wray and Nephew White, slagging someone off in the heat of the moment, and you telling me to be less dramatic.

But if you call these people 'fan boys', challenge them to justify themselves and post various messages strewn with exclamation marks and block capitals asking where they are now, then it does sort of look like you're mocking these people. And, in truth, all they're / we're doing is behaving like Leicester fans, as opposed to people who get kicks from the disappointment of Leicester fans. Which is what some of your posts appear, intentionally or not, to be doing.

If you are getting abuse - and it's certainly not coming from me - then I'd guess it's for this reason.

lol bottle of whisky!!

Who did I swear at? That's slander mate, your clutching at straws.

Your making loads of assumptions in your post, again.

You are again clutching at straws, cus you have no idea about the discussions I have had with anyone, let alone the fanboys, they know who they are.

I don't know of any rule book saying exclamation. Marks and capitals is moking?  That's your interpretation, not mine.  I've made my statement very clear where are these people saying these fookers are good enough?  I have no idea why you or anybody else should assume any different??  WHERE are the fan boys?  You don't like what I say, go, ignore me, what I want is for those people who were telling me these guys are great to to tell me why they should be part of the first team.  There is no negativity, the negativity has come from them and the abuse they have given me.

I only care for the club. Nothing else matters

19 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

lol bottle of whisky!!

Who did I swear at? That's slander mate, your clutching at straws.

Your making loads of assumptions in your post, again.

You are again clutching at straws, cus you have no idea about the discussions I have had with anyone, let alone the fanboys, they know who they are.

I don't know of any rule book saying exclamation. Marks and capitals is moking?  That's your interpretation, not mine.  I've made my statement very clear where are these people saying these fookers are good enough?  I have no idea why you or anybody else should assume any different??  WHERE are the fan boys?  You don't like what I say, go, ignore me, what I want is for those people who were telling me these guys are great to to tell me why they should be part of the first team.  There is no negativity, the negativity has come from them and the abuse they have given me.

I only care for the club. Nothing else matters

What do you mean by a 'fan boy'?

Where do you think they might be hiding, and why?

And what 'assumptions'?!!!

Did you like my triple exclamation mark? It's not quite as forward as 'WHERE ARE THE FAN BOYS NOW???!!!' but I think it still works!

Ok I can accept the result, but that was a dreadful performance. Fragile in defence, absent in midfield and clueless in attack. Eye-gougingly ugly to watch. Where is the Leicester from last season?

On this form there is a possibility of relegation. Of course it's very early yet and there's plenty of time to do something, not least in January, but make no mistake something has to change.

What I can't understand is why we start  every game so sluggishly. Even in this current poor run we have little spells when the ignition button is hit and we start to approach the intensity levels of last season, but it is so sporadic. I can't work out what's happened to starting on the front foot.

i don't believe things are going to improve overnight with our injuries and suspension, but at least come out fighting at Sunderland. That in turn will energise the fans, and better things may follow.

9 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

So WHERE are a the fanboys if King or Amertey!!!

Are they good enough???????

Probably not - but if you want to cart out any blame for yesterday's result, look no further than Huth and Morgan. 

First goal - Huth goes on some run with the ball to no man's land. He's out of position. Morgan moans about Nedrego being offside and loses completely track of the tracks. Thankfully midfield and full backs do reasonably well to get the ball wide. Cross in, Boro played one upfront and the CBs had to mark one player. Morgan leaves him completely unmarked. 

Second goal - Well Huth just watched him run through and has zero recovery pace to even get anywhere near him. Morgan nowhere to be seen on the cover. 

Apart from that, between the pair of them they had to look after one player Nedrego. Yet constantly he picked the ball up deep laid off, won every header against the pair and they just refused to follow him. This is a striker woefully out of form and he absolutely embarrassed our two centre backs. 

These are two for me who are clearly living in this mindframe where they are heading towards the end of their careers and they are at the point of fulfilment that they just aren't focused enough in the league. Add to that a complete recultance to give another centre back a game and the lack of some competition in form of a youngster means they are playing safely knowing they won't get dropped.

The substitutes and Okazaki I thought came out of the game well - Musa on the right for Mahrez made some immediate impact and Slimani had some lovely touches. Their time to shine after an intial settling in period is approaching. I thought Kasper would have saved their second and with only one fella to pass to for their first and four blue shirts in the box, marking the runner could have been done more effectively! ''Twas a good strike though.

we are still playing with spirit but frustration is creeping in Mahrez looked really unsettled throughout the game - never stopped trying but was really pissed off by the time he was subbed - great penalty though! Our first penalty was lucky as Wes was climbing all over the fella.

I'll take a point but there's better to come from us and I still think we'll finish just into the top ten.

The difference in the level of hunger from the Brugge game to this one was evident. In fairness, I would have taken the league position we are in now to be in the last 16 of the champions league.

Think we'll still finish 8th as 8th to 20th is a bit dross though it is a bit worrying when you are disappointed about Swansea picking up 3 late points at the foot of the table when we wouldnt have give a shit last season.

14 hours ago, katieakita said:

We can argue good,bad or indifferent but one thing we should all agree on is don't leave till the final whistle, wonder how many missed the Slimani goal

I have never understood this. Must have been thousands rather than hundreds. I have never got out of my seat at the cinema and listened to the ending whilst standing outside, just so that I can get home earlier.

This needs a thread of its own. It's like the people who leave their seats 10 minutes into the game to get a drink/pie and then watch 15 minutes on the concourse screens, whilst eating it. Very odd.

Any team with a small amount of midfield guile and battle then currently, we are going to struggle. It's so painful to watch after what happened last season. We need to shut up shop and start again, with Claudio being an Italian, I am surprised he hasn't made us more resilient. Hard to beat and get a little bit of confidence back. We can only hope!!

We were so bad yesterday its frustrating. We went 2-1 down and barley created anything.

Thier left winger was man of the match....quite simply by running in a straight line and crossing it in. Did Simpson block a single cross? 

In the first 15 mins you can see Claudio having a right go at Mahrez.....what an earth did he do wrong at that point? He hadn't touched the ball becuase nobody was getting it to him.

People who read my posts on here know I'm no fan of Albrighton. Yesterday showed me all the reasons why I think he shouldn't be in the sqaud.

End of the day we have 50+ mils worth of signing sat on the bench but are in a relegation battle......Who's fault is that? If they aren't good enough to be in the team why sign them? Should have signed some defenders! 

I'm dreading Man City in a couple of weeks.

Archived