Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Wilfred Ndidi

Genk technical director Dimitri de Conde has admitted that he pushing Leicester City to allow Wilfred Ndidi stay at the club until at least next summer, same way the club also want Man United target Leon Bailey to remain at the club.

While Ndidi to Leicester City could be made officially in nine days time, Bailey’s proposed move to Manchester United is still a rumour, but Director de Conde is keen on keeping the duo at the club even though he knows it will be difficult.

“We’ll fight to keep them here until the end of this season, but that is no easy task,” De Conde told HLN. “If mega bids – by Belgian standards – are made, they we cannot reject it, and if the boys also feel ready for a step up then it will be very difficult to keep them in Genk.
“I must be ready with alternatives.”

The English clubs will not be allowed to sign the pair cheaply, though.

“In the category of players 20 or under, then these boys are absolutely top talents, so I think a fee of between €20-€25 million is certainly warranted,” he continued.

“The ideal scenario would be that we reach a deal in January with the interested clubs but the guys say here for the rest of the season. I’ll do that if I can.”

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Genk technical director Dimitri de Conde has admitted that he pushing Leicester City to allow Wilfred Ndidi stay at the club until at least next summer, same way the club also want Man United target Leon Bailey to remain at the club.

While Ndidi to Leicester City could be made officially in nine days time, Bailey’s proposed move to Manchester United is still a rumour, but Director de Conde is keen on keeping the duo at the club even though he knows it will be difficult.

“We’ll fight to keep them here until the end of this season, but that is no easy task,” De Conde told HLN. “If mega bids – by Belgian standards – are made, they we cannot reject it, and if the boys also feel ready for a step up then it will be very difficult to keep them in Genk.
“I must be ready with alternatives.”

The English clubs will not be allowed to sign the pair cheaply, though.

“In the category of players 20 or under, then these boys are absolutely top talents, so I think a fee of between €20-€25 million is certainly warranted,” he continued.

“The ideal scenario would be that we reach a deal in January with the interested clubs but the guys say here for the rest of the season. I’ll do that if I can.”

Trying to get every penny they can from us then, according to the mirror we are looking at Bailey too

8 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

Trying to get every penny they can from us then, according to the mirror we are looking at Bailey too

He's basically trying to appease the fans by saying they did everything they can to keep him but got an offer that was too good to refuse and the player wanted to go. The fee is agreed.

7 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

If he's sensible he will join a mid table prem side with a view to be able to move to a 'top 4' side later in his career.

Yes be sensible and follow the blueprint of Demarai Gray. :unsure:

I have certainly no objections in signing Bailey but I hope we have a clear plan on playing him and not just stockpiling wingers that we have been. At least one or two has to go to make room. Our transfer policy is akin to a drunk in a strip club with a lot of money on him.

A website called inbedwithmaradona annually lists the top 100 most promising young player for the following year (and then checks up on their progress).

This year's list includes Ndidi:
http://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal/2016/12/21/ibwm100-for-2017

I stumbled upon the site a couple of years ago and have often found it well thought and intelligent. They're not claiming these players will be stars - but that these have the raw talent to make it.

I think it's great that we are close to getting Ndidi as he seems to be someone with great potential.

I look forward to reading the write up on him to see why the website selected him - I've seen the YouTube highlights of Ndidi but I find those totally unreliable!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Archived