Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Bournemouth Away Pre-Match Thread

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Just me that thinks Hernández is perfectly adequate cover at full back then?

He's not much attacking threat but given Simpson flat out refuses to ever cross a ball or even do anything other than panic, turn around and look to play a short pass instantly to Drinkwater or Mahrez like the ball is diseased, we're not missing much.

Hernandez is sooooo slow, it's painful! It's as though he's running on a beach! I have no doubt he can play at centre back, but from what I've seen, I'd rather have Amartey there than Hernandez IMO 

38 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

I think Hernandez would eventually adapt if he got a run of games at RB.

You can see he's technically gifted, he just needs to get a sense and feel for the position. He got the most interceptions in Spain last year, you don't do that unless you have a good footballing brain.

Unless you play for a shit side who are always under the kosh! 

16 minutes ago, Vocey said:

Think amartey is better suited to rb than Hernandez is, Hernandez is a little slow, although does read the game well. Amartey has a little more about him physically to play at right back

I agree. Amartey isn't a flair player at all. He'd big and strong and plays a simple passing game. He's also pretty quick for a big lad. I could see him at RB no problem. 

4 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

What you on about Elvis?

Who should play at right back then? I'm not sure there's a starting place at CB as Huth and Morgan are fit?

Well firstly recruiting should have been better,how about we actually bought a Rb? Instead of wingers who don't even get on the bench.judge Hernandez when he gets a run of games in his natural position until then you can blame Ranieri for shit summer recruitment.

47 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Well firstly recruiting should have been better,how about we actually bought a Rb? Instead of wingers who don't even get on the bench.judge Hernandez when he gets a run of games in his natural position until then you can blame Ranieri for shit summer recruitment.

So its Ranieri's fault and not the recruitment team or Director of Football?

Guest CityFan 06

Intriguing team selection tonight because Schmeichel, Drinkwater, Mendy and James are all available - I believe? I think we'll see some lineup rotation given it's two games in three days, but every player on Saturday is worthy of their starting place. We may see Okazaki for this one given it's away from home, we've been known to become a little isolated going forward and Okazaki provides that link. Amartey could keep his place, either at CM or RB, but happy with Hernandez as an alternative. After Saturday's showing perhaps the squad have turned a corner with the 4-4-2 formation?

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Meanwhile go into any pub around the world and they're highly likely to be watching a legitimately available broadcast. Country it's actually happening in? Not available. 

The broadcasting rights in this country are a disgrace. 

I pay $35 a month for my cable package. Included is a channel (NBCSN) that airs every premier league match on TV or through a HD stream. You can even watch full length replays (if you're away). The online stream works on mobile devices too.

It's disgraceful that the only place in the world where you can't watch Leicester is in the UK. They used to do the same thing here for the NFL, but that has changed over the last 10 years or so. So maybe there is hope.

4 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Completely agree. 

Iirc the last time this was discussed the fa/footy teams said they didn't want them aired because the attendances would drop. 

Seems a bit bogus to me since we see packed stadiums on sky TV week in week out (apart from a few..) 

They should make all games available online via pay per view and pass a decent amount of that revenue onto the clubs with the caveat that they must use that income to proportionately reduce ticket prices. Any reduction in attendances due to the availability of a PPV stream will then be balanced out by additional people attending due to the lower ticket prices, and hey presto, everyone's a winner.

4 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Completely agree. 

Iirc the last time this was discussed the fa/footy teams said they didn't want them aired because the attendances would drop. 

Seems a bit bogus to me since we see packed stadiums on sky TV week in week out (apart from a few..) 

Yep that was the excuse which to be honest makes it seem a bit daft considering the amount of money they'd get from broadcasting; they could probably drop the ticket prices by 50% to fill the ground up and still make a profit off broadcasting rights. They need to change this ASAP because it is quite frankly absurd now.

12 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

I pay $35 a month for my cable package. Included is a channel (NBCSN) that airs every premier league match on TV or through a HD stream. You can even watch full length replays (if you're away). The online stream works on mobile devices too.

It's disgraceful that the only place in the world where you can't watch Leicester is in the UK. They used to do the same thing here for the NFL, but that has changed over the last 10 years or so. So maybe there is hope.

$35 is about £27 according to Google. Sky charges about £27 a month for access to only 168 matches a year but you have to have a Sky subscription which is no lower than £21 a month. So basically £58 a month for access to half the games - BT shows about 42 matches for yet another subscription. Completely insane.

At the very least they should make more games available for pubs considering the state the industry is in.

3 hours ago, Royston. said:

Simpson is so underated.

The only time he gets appreciaition is when Hernandez plays right back.

judged by what he may have done his ex even stood up to defend him. He will never be judged on here purely by his football.

3 hours ago, Royston. said:

Simpson is so underated.

The only time he gets appreciaition is when Hernandez plays right back.

judged by what he may have done his ex even stood up to defend him. He will never be judged on here purely by his football.

Archived