Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Bournemouth Away Pre-Match Thread

Kasper

Hernandez Huth Morgan Fuchs

Mahrez Amartey Drinkwater Albrighton

Okazaki

Vardy

Need to almost play 4-5-1 against these, I also think Amartey is more defensive than King so would go with him. If he plays like he did today then he'd never be dropped. Was good to see Matty James back today, I'd take a draw against Bournemouth, they are decent, especially at home 

I don't think at this stage of his career Amartey has the footballing smarts to switch positions to right back so quickly. I would go Hernandez with the other 3 usual suspects.

Midfield is intersection with the return of Drinky and King and Amartey having great games yesterday.

Their fullbacks also push on a lot so we will need wingers to track back.

I would be tempted to go 451 but think it will be the same team as Man City with Drinky in for Amartey and Hernandez in for Simpson and possibly Kasper in for Robbie Ron.

Kasper

Hernandez

Morgan

Huth

Fuchs

Mahrez

Drinkwater

Amaratey

Albrighton

Okazaki

Vardy

Tight 2-1 win for Leicester. Bournemouth have been pretty inconsistent of late but if we play well we wil win regardless of what Bournemouth will turn up. 

8 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Simpson is suspended. Hull, Swansea, Manure, Spuds, Shitty makes 5 yellows.

I also wonder about the fitness of Fuchs. He seemed to be wanting come off from the 60' on.

Drinkwater is back.

Maybe Kasper?

Keep the momentum rolling.

Is that what the fussing about with chilwell on the bench was all about? 

A tough choice for who is going to slot in at RB for me. Hernandez just does not impress me at all. He is too slow and a wingers dream to play against in my opinion. If he does play there I think we may need to offer more protection in midfield. I would consider 4-3-3 with Marhez and Musa wide of Vardy and 3 central midfielders.

Zieler

Hernandez

Morgan

Huth

Fuchs

Amartey

King

Drinkwater

Marhez

Vardy

Musa

Subs: Hamer, Chilwell, James, Albrighton, Gray, Okazaki, Slimani

49 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

A tough choice for who is going to slot in at RB for me. Hernandez just does not impress me at all. He is too slow and a wingers dream to play against in my opinion. If he does play there I think we may need to offer more protection in midfield. I would consider 4-3-3 with Marhez and Musa wide of Vardy and 3 central midfielders.

Zieler

Hernandez

Morgan

Huth

Fuchs

Amartey

King

Drinkwater

Marhez

Vardy

Musa

Claudio won't change the 4-4-2....watch the post match interview....he admitted he's considered it but players have said NO

Whilst I'm all for implementing new solutions, there seems no point in trying other formations at the moment, 4-4-2 is Leicester's way for now, Ranieri confirmed it last night.

So with no Simmo, Hernandez is the logical replacement.

I think King will give way to Drinkwater on his return, harsh but realistic.

Unless Ranieri wants to add some pace down the left, then add in Musa as his replacement.

And if Kasper is ready, then that's not even a decision. 

After last night, not too much is going to change.

33 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Zieler

Hernandez

Morgan

Huth

Fuchs

Amartey

King

Drinkwater

Marhez

Vardy

Musa

No way would i have Musa anywhere near our starting 11.....we just beat Man City at Home and you would change the shape.......err.....absolutely no chance

Albrighton worked his socks off, Slimani was a threat and actually linked with Vards so keep that the same.

King out for Drinkwater and Hernandez has to play unfortunately as he is not a right back but the only option than less Albrighton drops back ...Daniels and Fraser will be a threat!

11 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Pretty sure, despite the enthusiasm of some within this thread for other set ups, that Hernandez will play RB.

Given Hernandez's proficiency in Spanish football and Bournemouth's play stylus I actually think he'll have a decent game. I'd go:

Schmeichel

Hernandez/Morgan/Huth/Fuchs

Mahrez/Drinky/Amartey/Albrighton

Vardy/Slim

2-0 Leicester, back in business!

It's going to be a difficult call for Ranners to pick our midfield partner to Drinky. Amartey won't be playing RB. Hernandez will be in for a game away, his throws a threat, though saying this Bournemouth have fast wingers and having the pace to deal with them might be important. But Ranners will concede crosses for the CBs managing these, as last year.

It would be a shame to drop King, as he'll be boosted in confidence, as a goal, and putting in a shift to help out at the back was great to see. The same applies to Amartey.

All others who played should play again. Including Zieler. I know Kaspar is a better keeper, but let him taste the bench. He'll be raring to go then by Stoke. I suspect Ranners will put him in, but hey-ho.

Archived