Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Bournemouth Away Pre-Match Thread

1 minute ago, elvisfmcfly said:

A lot of fans not giving any chances to the new signings here,disappointed to see this,Hernandez is not a right back and shouldn't be judged on his performances there.Hes played one game at CB to my knowledge.

What you on about Elvis?

Who should play at right back then? I'm not sure there's a starting place at CB as Huth and Morgan are fit?

if Amartey is playing right back i hope he knows to get back as soon as he can and not to get done by their players, we know he likes to get forward but he also needs to defend well and be aware of his positioning. he needs to help out his fellow defenders and clear the lines

This will be about 10000x times harder than playing against a one man defence of John Stones.

Hopefully we take a lot of confidence from the City game though. Fancy Vardy to go on a bit of a run, I think he really needed to get the monkey off his back.

I'd take a scrappy one nil with a Vardy winner.

Same starting 11 but with Drinkwater inevitably in for Kingy, which is harsh as **** but we've not earned ourselves enough room for sentiment yet really.

1 minute ago, elvisfmcfly said:

A lot of fans not giving any chances to the new signings here,disappointed to see this,Hernandez is not a right back and shouldn't be judged on his performances there.Hes played one game at CB to my knowledge.

Yes Hernandez is not a right back, he's knowhere near mobile or quick enough for that.

Sadly Amartey is a square peg in a round hole for the position also.

I repeat a theme here as although boring, is relevant.

How on earth can the Champions of England in the last 16 of the CL not have a proper right back for cover, when that circumstance is not due to injuries?

(No reply necessary).

Just me that thinks Hernández is perfectly adequate cover at full back then?

He's not much attacking threat but given Simpson flat out refuses to ever cross a ball or even do anything other than panic, turn around and look to play a short pass instantly to Drinkwater or Mahrez like the ball is diseased, we're not missing much.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

He's not much attacking threat but given Simpson flat out refuses to ever cross a ball or even do anything other than panic, turn around and look to play a short pass instantly to Drinkwater or Mahrez like the ball is diseased, we're not missing much.

I think the problem is, he's adequate at best. You'd like to think we would be past aiming for players that can "do a job".

I think he actually provides way more attacking threat than Simpson, but seems to lack the positional sense and pace you'd want from a top level right back. He gets harshly criticised because he's having to cover a position that's not natural to him.

It's an area we should improve in the near future.

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Agree. Think some maybe overreacting re: the Porto game but other CL games he's been fine. 

Drinky needs to come back in. Of the two CMs I think maybe drop Amartey as King scored, then bring Amartey on for him later perhaps.

6 minutes ago, Libertine said:

Agree. Think some maybe overreacting re: the Porto game but other CL games he's been fine. 

Drinky needs to come back in. Of the two CMs I think maybe drop Amartey as King scored, then bring Amartey on for him later perhaps.

Sure King scored but Amartey also had a phenomenal game. He was everywhere.

If we're going to play 442, and let's face it we probably are, I'd keep Amartey in the middle to help Drinkwater out closing the space and pressing.

King just lacks so much mobility. He's immensely willing but he's not a "presence" in the middle.

1 minute ago, Merging Cultures said:

You've got to be intrigued as to whether we can replicate our Man C performance?

TBH yes, that is a real factor... plus ill feel guilty as fck if i dont watch.... and we lose

Stat time 

• Bournemouth haven't won any of their last six games in league competition against the Foxes (D2 L4), last beating them in March 1989.
  • Both games between these sides ended in draws last season, with Jamie Vardy equalising in the 86th minute from the penalty spot in this exact fixture in August 2015.
  • Simon Francis was sent off for Bournemouth in their goalless draw with Leicester in January.
  • The Foxes have won just one point from seven Premier League away matches this season (W0 D1 L6) and only Burnley have picked up as few points in the competition on the road.
  • If Leicester lose this game, it would set a new record for the lowest points total by a defending top-flight champion in their first eight away games of a season (1).
  • Leicester City will be looking to win back-to-back Premier League matches for the first time since April.
  • The Foxes have won just one of their last 10 Premier League games on a Tuesday, 2-0 against Liverpool in February (D4 L5).
  • There have been 16 goals scored in Bournemouth's last three Premier League matches (5.3 per game) - with the Cherries conceding exactly three goals in each of these matches.
  • After scoring with just two of his 17 shots in the Premier League before last weekend, Jamie Vardy scored a hat-trick with all three of his shots against Manchester City.
  • Benik Afobe will be looking to score in consecutive Premier League appearances for the first time since February, following his goal last weekend against Burnley.
  • Claudio Ranieri will take charge of his 200th Premier League match as a manager in this game (146 for Chelsea, 53 for Leicester City).

So this isn't on TV in the uk - is it being shown elsewhere?

Will there be err small rivers?

If so If anybody wanted to PM links to small rivers (I especially like watching them in HD) I'd be grateful.

No actual rivers please.

27 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

If so If anybody wanted to PM links to small rivers (I especially like watching them in HD) I'd be grateful.

No actual rivers please.

Think a lot of fans (that I know anyway) took it as a given it'd be on the box. Looks like it isnt.

I've had to resort to rivers when on the road and its been like watching 8 bit football. Oh the days of Premier League Pass how I wish you were still alive.

They've tightened up on services outside the UK too - removed global payment services such as Paypal and require native CC's etc. So not just as easy as VPN and go.

45 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

No actual rivers please.

Bournemouth_zpsmb1m7xed.jpg

45 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

No actual rivers please.

8 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

Think a lot of fans (that I know anyway) took it as a given it'd be on the box. Looks like it isnt.

I've had to resort to rivers when on the road and its been like watching 8 bit football. Oh the days of Premier League Pass how I wish you were still alive.

They've tightened up on services outside the UK too - removed global payment services such as Paypal and require native CC's etc. So not just as easy as VPN and go.

Meanwhile go into any pub around the world and they're highly likely to be watching a legitimately available broadcast. Country it's actually happening in? Not available. 

The broadcasting rights in this country are a disgrace. 

I think Hernandez would eventually adapt if he got a run of games at RB.

You can see he's technically gifted, he just needs to get a sense and feel for the position. He got the most interceptions in Spain last year, you don't do that unless you have a good footballing brain.

29 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Meanwhile go into any pub around the world and they're highly likely to be watching a legitimately available broadcast. Country it's actually happening in? Not available. 

The broadcasting rights in this country are a disgrace. 

Completely agree. 

Iirc the last time this was discussed the fa/footy teams said they didn't want them aired because the attendances would drop. 

Seems a bit bogus to me since we see packed stadiums on sky TV week in week out (apart from a few..) 

Archived