Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

SEVILLA!

Guest Danny Clender

Hang on, let me just compute this through my tiny brain....

People are not happy because Sevilla are not big enough and they'd prefer to lose to a bigger club? Ok.....?

I can understand the glory of playing RM, PSG or BM, but I'm happy with the draw. 

I'm not sure the players could have handled the psychology of playing such a big club, so purely on mental strength Sevilla are the best team for us in the last 16.

They have far more European experience than we do and its in no way an easy game, but it gives us a better chance than the teams we avoided. 

Just now, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Really? Can they do that? I thought it was a bit to good to be true. £93 return direct to Sevilla from stanstead.

Yeah, I got flights to Copenhagen return at £60!! They cancelled and wanted another £100.00 per person! It's because they're a flight broker they can take the piss.. you may get away with it but highly recommend going to the airline direct, because that is who they buy from anyway!

Hmmm don't know what to do!!

Pricing it all up and can get a half decent price, but I want match tickets (Or atleast information) before I proceed, also the person i'd be going with wouldn't be able to get a match ticket so is unsure if he really wants to go!

I was in the predicament for the group stages, left it, then when I could get tickets, flight/hotel prices went through the roof!

Should have just gone with it, but it doesn't seem i've learnt from my mistakes...lol

I take it everyone else is just proceeding with booking flights/hotels anyway?

49 minutes ago, kylestyle06 said:

Flights will get cancelled and they'll request more money..

Happened for Copenhagen

42 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Really? Can they do that? I thought it was a bit to good to be true. £93 return direct to Sevilla from stanstead.

Yeah just been reading up about booking Ryanair flights through them. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Pricing it all up and can get a half decent price, but I want match tickets (Or atleast information) before I proceed, also the person i'd be going with wouldn't be able to get a match ticket so is unsure if he really wants to go!

I was in the predicament for the group stages, left it, then when I could get tickets, flight/hotel prices went through the roof!

Should have just gone with it, but it doesn't seem i've learnt from my mistakes...lol

i need to have my work confirm I can have the time off as our team is short-staffed anyway. 

I think we (me and my brother) might try and go out there anyway even if we don't get tickets. That was the plan for Copenhagen and then more tickets got released anyway and we could go watch the match!

47 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

Hang on, let me just compute this through my tiny brain....

People are not happy because Sevilla are not big enough and they'd prefer to lose to a bigger club? Ok.....?

I can understand the glory of playing RM, PSG or BM, but I'm happy with the draw. 

I'm not sure the players could have handled the psychology of playing such a big club, so purely on mental strength Sevilla are the best team for us in the last 16.

They have far more European experience than we do and its in no way an easy game, but it gives us a better chance than the teams we avoided. 

Agreed but So did Club Bruge, FC Porto and Copenhagen and we didn't do to bad against them 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Just do it mate. Cant mess about. How many points have you got? Will be plenty of people there to be with if your mate doesnt go

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

i need to have my work confirm I can have the time off as our team is short-staffed anyway. 

I think we (me and my brother) might try and go out there anyway even if we don't get tickets. That was the plan for Copenhagen and then more tickets got released anyway and we could go watch the match!

I take it you are waiting for a short period before booking flight/hotel them because of your work? Or you just going with it regardless?

1 minute ago, 4ever and ever said:

Just do it mate. Cant mess about. How many points have you got? Will be plenty of people there to be with if your mate doesnt go

I know, Got enough points to think i'd stand a chance to get tickets.

It's a case of should my mate not go, I wouldn't mind (To an extent) spending abit more and going via the club arrange Thomas Cook packages (They were ok right? Didn't see too many complaints).

Just seen the e-mail from Leicester with the date and club information.

This bit stood out...

Sevilla have lost just 3 home games in their European history - against Alkmaar, CSKA Moscow & Real Betis

Think we'd do very well to get a draw there!

Just now, Matt said:

I take it you are waiting for a short period before booking flight/hotel them because of your work? Or you just going with it regardless?

yeah waiting to get time off first. 

With Copenhagen we didn't book a hotel. Just slept in the airport and we'd already booked the first flight out at 7am.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I know, Got enough points to think i'd stand a chance to get tickets.

It's a case of should my mate not go, I wouldn't mind (To an extent) spending abit more and going via the club arrange Thomas Cook packages (They were ok right? Didn't see too many complaints).

Horses for courses mate. But I wouldnt ever want to travel via the club package, part of the whole thing for me is to experience the cities we are in too.

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

This bit stood out...

Sevilla have lost just 3 home games in their European history - against Alkmaar, CSKA Moscow & Real Betis

Out of interest though how many champions league games have we lost?

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

This bit stood out...

Their European record is ridiculous! Thankfully, they're much better at home than they are away.

I'd be pretty content with a 2-1 loss- I'd back us to get some sort of result at home.

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Out of interest though how many champions league games have we lost?

1 but how many European games have they played??

3 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Their European record is ridiculous! Thankfully, they're much better at home than they are away.

I'd be pretty content with a 2-1 loss- I'd back us to get some sort of result at home.

Away goal will be crucial, as the cliche goes!

Archived