Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OllieLodge96

Marc Albrighton

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah they really rustled up a right hidden gem in Albrighton, complete unknown before we found him.

Tsh.

It's the coaching and fitness team here that deserve the plaudits where Albrighton is concerned, plus the guy himself. Completely different player to the backup we nabbed on a no risk bosman.

Surely it's not about unearthing a hidden gem.

It's identifying a player that can come in and do well immediately, or be improved on. Checking out their personality and how they can progress.

Whether they're under everybody's nose or hidden in Tahiti, it doesn't really matter. 

52 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah they really rustled up a right hidden gem in Albrighton, complete unknown before we found him.

Tsh.

It's the coaching and fitness team here that deserve the plaudits where Albrighton is concerned, plus the guy himself. Completely different player to the backup we nabbed on a no risk bosman.

Tbf I remember an article in which Steve Walsh said Albrighton was a statistical favourite as he was near the top of the division for chances created per minutes played or something which was what originally piqued our interest and then he went to watch him and saw he had the work rate too.

And no other PL team were after him, he'd just come back from a loan spell from the Championship.

I agree with what you're saying, much of it has been the coaches and player himself, but the scouting team still managed to see a player who was contributing a lot when he was playing even if it was 2nd choice and saw he was worth keeping in the PL when no one else wanted him and it looked like be could be heading down to the Championship.

I just love Mark, He's like the mailman he always delivers, and is a managers dream. I'd really like to see him play on the right with Mahrez where they could tear defenders apart between them.  I'd always remember the calm way he took his goal against Seville. A top quality Goal in a very high pressure environment.  He's a class act.

On 01/05/2017 at 11:34, volpeazzurro said:

Albrighton for me along with Schmeichel are our players of the season. Both consumate professionals though sadly I fear that the latter won't be with us next season. I would however wish luck with his career as he's been a dedicated professional for us.

With DeG asking  now reported as asking for a move the Schmeichel situation look perilous.  

3 hours ago, DrezZone said:

Everyone keeps on forgetting that Luis Hernandez assisted Marc Albrighton's Champions League goal; Leicester's first ever Champions League goal.

I miss that long throw of his. It was beautiful.

Archived