Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OllieLodge96

Marc Albrighton

22 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Albrighton for me along with Schmeichel are our players of the season. Both consumate professionals though sadly I fear that the latter won't be with us next season. I would however wish luck with his career as he's been a dedicated professional for us.

No-one can question Albrighton's work rate and his sacrifice for the team's cause. He is a limited player though and prior to Shakespeare taking over he has been largely gash this season. At the very least he was ineffective and at worst he was surrendering possession far too frequently (under instructions or not is irrelevant). His upturn since the management change was stunning and even though his form has tailed off a bit, he's the most reliable contributor in the squad in his position.

Absolutely outstanding yet again!

Got to be the best uncapped Englishman in the country - the fact that the likes of Jesse Lingard and Andros Townsend have been consistently picked ahead of him for England when he's quite clearly been better than them for a good 2 years now is pretty depressing.

On 01/05/2017 at 12:00, shen said:

No-one can question Albrighton's work rate and his sacrifice for the team's cause. He is a limited player though and prior to Shakespeare taking over he has been largely gash this season. At the very least he was ineffective and at worst he was surrendering possession far too frequently (under instructions or not is irrelevant). His upturn since the management change was stunning and even though his form has tailed off a bit, he's the most reliable contributor in the squad in his position.

In which universe is he a limited player…. Did you see how his limitations lead him to take it past a few players out of defense and hit a brilliant pass in to Mahrez?

if he's 'limited' then I'm a Dutch Uncle

When the dust settles on this season, and in ten years when people are looking back, Marc Albrighton's goal celebrations will give people a warm glow.

He earns every one of those celebrations because he works and works and works.

This thread is a testament to a guy who tried, tried again.

One of my favourite players from our "golden period".

IMG_0171.JPG

4 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

When the dust settles on this season, and in ten years when people are looking back, Marc Albrighton's goal celebrations will give people a warm glow.

He earns every one of those celebrations because he works and works and works.

This thread is a testament to a guy who tried, tried again.

One of my favourite players from our "golden period".

IMG_0171.JPG

Agreed. I think his 2 goals against Brugge and Sevilla will both go down in Leicester folklore as 2 of the most iconic goals of our "golden era" and will be fondly remembered for years to come whatever else he achieves at the club.

Also, he's still only 27 and played over 100 games for the club, I think he easily still be a first team regular for us for another 8 or 9 years and rack up 350-odd appearances - and I could see him converting to a full-back or a defensive midfielder as he gets older like James Milner has done. Wouldn't surprise me if he was the last of the title winning side to still be playing for us.

19 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Agreed. I think his 2 goals against Brugge and Sevilla will both go down in Leicester folklore as 2 of the most iconic goals of our "golden era" and will be fondly remembered for years to come whatever else he achieves at the club.

Also, he's still only 27 and played over 100 games for the club, I think he easily still be a first team regular for us for another 8 or 9 years and rack up 350-odd appearances - and I could see him converting to a full-back or a defensive midfielder as he gets older like James Milner has done. Wouldn't surprise me if he was the last of the title winning side to still be playing for us.

And to think, if Villa hadn't been so tight fisted he could be getting booed in the championship now.

I'm home from the game and I'm just setting out my living room coffee table with tissues and lube for when I watch back Marc's awesomeness on MOTD later.

I've told the missus to go to bed early and I've booked in a clean-up team for Sunday morning because I'm going to paint the walls with jizz.

1 minute ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Criminally under rated as an english player but their loss is our gain

Best free transfer in our history without a doubt, pure unrivalled class, and I couldn't praise him enough he is the best professional I've seen down here.

I'm in love 

Instead of the "la bamba" tune, which is also used for Wes Wes Morgan, perhaps a better song for him would be an adaptation of Kasabian's latest:

I'm in love with Albrighton

I'm in love with Albrightoooo-on

And there's nothing you can do about it

Marc Albrighton cost no pounds, yeah

3 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Leicester legend.

"You are only allowed to give reputation 25 times per day. You cannot give any more reputation today." :/

1 minute ago, gcxttle said:

Absolutely fantastic, his work rate suggests he's on crack. Should be playing for England without a shadow of a doubt. 

I'd rather he didn't. Playing for our shower of shite national team is a ****ing curse. 

9 minutes ago, FireFox said:

"You are only allowed to give reputation 25 times per day. You cannot give any more reputation today." :/

FF - feel like we have both shot our load too early today. Premature Repjaculation? Where are @Tuna's tissues? lol 

Guest CityFan 06

Outstanding. Another expert performance since Shakespeare took charge.

As soon as the ball came to Albrighton I was hoping he'd net, throughly deserved. Albrighton has definitely been at the heart of this era, given some of the best memories. 

Amazing player and amazing performance that absolutely deserved that goal.

Really hope Southgate sees just how good this legend is cos he most definitely deserves an England call up.

Archived