Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OllieLodge96

Marc Albrighton

1 hour ago, daz*dsb said:

So much of his work today gave me some awesome boners. I've blown a hole straight out the front of my Levis. 

50 minutes ago, daz*dsb said:

I'm home from the game and I'm just setting out my living room coffee table with tissues and lube for when I watch back Marc's awesomeness on MOTD later.

I've told the missus to go to bed early and I've booked in a clean-up team for Sunday morning because I'm going to paint the walls with jizz.

43 minutes ago, daz*dsb said:

He 100% DEFINITELY deserves a better song than ****ing 'marc albrighton' rinse, repeat, etc. 

Can someone in Union FS put something decent together and get it going? Pleaaaaaase. 

Tell us how much you really love Albrighton. :D

Albrighton has been a revelation since Shakespeare took over. He's a really gotten better over his time here with us. One of the best signings we've made.

3 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Is Albrighton more important for us than Mahrez? I know Mahrez can come up with the magic but Albrighton's attributes are perfect for our style of play.

Different players, different styles on opposite wings. I'd imagine it's a nightmare for defenders tbh. If Mahrez was at his best I'd say they're just as important as each other. 

10 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Is Albrighton more important for us than Mahrez? I know Mahrez can come up with the magic but Albrighton's attributes are perfect for our style of play.

Mahrez provides the quality while Albrighton balances that by working his socks off adding balance to the side.

• 2 months later...

Makes me sad he never got picked for England on the back of our title winning year.  I think it sums up why lots of people just can't get as excited about the England team as they used to. Of course, some of it is nostalgia and some of it is aging (when you are a boy it is easy to idolize men, when you are a man it is harder to idolize boys) but I genuinely feel like the whole set up is a joke.

Even if I take off my blue tinted specs for a moment, when we won the league it was genuinely, properly, without fear of hyperbole one of the greatest stories/upsets in sporting history.  Something genuinely "magical" happened and at the heart of this magic were a core of a fair few English players.  If players like Marc, Vardy, Drinkwater and even Simpson cannot get in to the England team after a season like that then there is literally no hope for young players unless they play for a fashionable team.  What more could Albrighton and Drinkwater have done to be nailed on starters for England?  Honestly, where is the joy in any of it?  Hodgson had the chance to tap into a piece of history and help it to push his/our England team forward.  Instead he filled it with Tottenham players who had just completely choked, who were broken, young players who just wanted to hide.  And that is not to slag them off, Kane and Alli are amazing players, probably "better" than any of ours but ours had just done something magic.  Ours had shook up the world.  Ours were ready to take on anyone, and win.  Maybe Albrighton is not as "good" as some of those picked in front of him but at that moment, in that mood, after THAT title win he would have been.

Anyway, feck it, what do I know?  Part of me is happy he is unheralded as it means he is OURS and won't get poached.

We love you Marc

X

On ‎11‎.‎7‎.‎2017 at 17:04, RumbleFox said:

Makes me sad he never got picked for England on the back of our title winning year.  I think it sums up why lots of people just can't get as excited about the England team as they used to. Of course, some of it is nostalgia and some of it is aging (when you are a boy it is easy to idolize men, when you are a man it is harder to idolize boys) but I genuinely feel like the whole set up is a joke.

Even if I take off my blue tinted specs for a moment, when we won the league it was genuinely, properly, without fear of hyperbole one of the greatest stories/upsets in sporting history.  Something genuinely "magical" happened and at the heart of this magic were a core of a fair few English players.  If players like Marc, Vardy, Drinkwater and even Simpson cannot get in to the England team after a season like that then there is literally no hope for young players unless they play for a fashionable team.  What more could Albrighton and Drinkwater have done to be nailed on starters for England?  Honestly, where is the joy in any of it?  Hodgson had the chance to tap into a piece of history and help it to push his/our England team forward.  Instead he filled it with Tottenham players who had just completely choked, who were broken, young players who just wanted to hide.  And that is not to slag them off, Kane and Alli are amazing players, probably "better" than any of ours but ours had just done something magic.  Ours had shook up the world.  Ours were ready to take on anyone, and win.  Maybe Albrighton is not as "good" as some of those picked in front of him but at that moment, in that mood, after THAT title win he would have been.

Anyway, feck it, what do I know?  Part of me is happy he is unheralded as it means he is OURS and won't get poached.

We love you Marc

X

Wilshere over Drinkwater just boggles my mind.  Drinky was very dignified about it but he must have been fuming

I was always looking to have Albrighton replaced somehow, but now he is one of my favourite players. Surprised me with his quality last season as well as the usual 100% work rate each game. He has his starting 11 place cemented for the start of next season for me. I'd start him over Mahrez judging on last season alone, but of course a Mahrez back to his best would always be a starter too. 

Really hope he continues his excellent form and starts chipping in with some more goals too. Similar to Simpson, happy for them both to constantly prove me and many other doubters wrong! 

42 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Brilliant signing - that was when the scouting network really worked well 

Yeah they really rustled up a right hidden gem in Albrighton, complete unknown before we found him.

Tsh.

It's the coaching and fitness team here that deserve the plaudits where Albrighton is concerned, plus the guy himself. Completely different player to the backup we nabbed on a no risk bosman.

Archived