Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OllieLodge96

Marc Albrighton

I love Albrighton for his work rate and he was key in our title winning season last year.

BUT

Whenever he gets the ball, he smashes it up field in hope that someone is running onto it. He just crosses all the time, with most being dreadful. And he is far too scared for a winger when he is on the ball. He never looks to take players on.

He has no quality on the ball. How he is getting in the team ahead of Gray is unbelievable

Agree with all the comments.

I also find it frustrating he's hardly ever in the box adding to the attack or anywhere near a good position outside the box to pick up second balls or clearances to get himself into a dangerous position. 

I'm not saying he doesn't do it, but its just not as consistent as it should be. 

The left wing is wasted on him at the moment. 

With all due respect to him it is probably more of what is being asked of him rather than his standard so far this season. 

I think with Drinky having to play more the 'kante' role we're asking Albrighton to play the long balls more which is becoming pointless as teams are playing a lot deeper. 

He provides a lot of support for Fuchs but offers little going forward, this is allowing teams to press more on Mahrez and allow space for Albrighton, teams are also happy to allow him to cut back and cross the ball in as we are shocking attacking crosses - Slimani is the only player that offers anything in the air. Last night is a prime example of how poor we are in the air, 11/12 corners last night? 

We need to change it up, Fuchs needs to be less attacking and allow someone like Gray to come in who can offer a little more going forward and mix it up abit - plus gives Albrighton bit of a rest as some have mentioned he looks a little tired lately. 

1 minute ago, EGBFitness said:

With all due respect to him it is probably more of what is being asked of him rather than his standard so far this season.

I think with Drinky having to play more the 'kante' role we're asking Albrighton to play the long balls more which is becoming pointless as teams are playing a lot deeper.

He provides a lot of support for Fuchs but offers little going forward, this is allowing teams to press more on Mahrez and allow space for Albrighton, teams are also happy to allow him to cut back and cross the ball in as we are shocking attacking crosses - Slimani is the only player that offers anything in the air. Last night is a prime example of how poor we are in the air, 11/12 corners last night?

We need to change it up, Fuchs needs to be less attacking and allow someone like Gray to come in who can offer a little more going forward and mix it up abit - plus gives Albrighton bit of a rest as some have mentioned he looks a little tired lately.

Fuchs is a great attacking threat. He whips in great crosses, probably our best crosser by a country mile. We need Simpson to overlap Mahrez a bit more just to drag defenders away from Mahrez

I like him a lot, but he has been relatively ineffective creatively for about a year now. It's very predictable that he will cut inside on his right.

Ranieri loves him for his defensive work. If only Gray could pull his finger out and learn to track back like Albrighton does.

Just now, OllieLodge96 said:

Fuchs is a great attacking threat. He whips in great crosses, probably our best crosser by a country mile. We need Simpson to overlap Mahrez a bit more just to drag defenders away from Mahrez

Yes Fuchs is good attacking, I'm not saying he isn't but allowing a LB to move so high up the pitch creates gaps at the back that we can no longer allow without Kantes energy and awareness. 

We need to either switch 3 at the back and allow Fuchs to play as a wing back so he can get forward or restrict him from going so high up and allow a creative left midfielder to offer something different. This could hopefully provide space for Mahrez too. 

There is is nothing wrong with Simpsons role, he is an old school RB that provides cover at the back and allows Mahrez to remain attacking, if Simpson (who is shocking soon as he passes 3/4 of the pitch) was to be overlapping Mahrez we would be exposed immediately like we did when we used to play Mahrez and RDL. 

Fuchs crosses are good but as I put in the original message we are terrible attacking crosses so becomes ineffective anyway

Albrighton good defensively but not so good going forwards this year? Fuchs very good at attacking but leaves gaps when doing so?

Switch them over. Can't be much worse than some of what we've seen so far this season.

Ideally I'd just drop Albrighton for Gray, but if we're going to persist with the same defense and midfield...

Very limited player. Could do a similar job Moses does for Chelsea if we ever play 352. At times he's practically playing as a second LB. His goals and assist stats since his arrival here are actually quite pathetic.

43 minutes ago, OllieLodge96 said:

thats the last thing we should be doing, what worked last season was that the fullbacks wasn't adventurous

Albrighton is a good player to have when teams play a high line. He will be a great asset for us in the CL.

But against teams sitting deep, the long ball over the top isn't working. He isn't a bad player or as hopeless as people are making him out to be. We are lucky to have a player like him who will give Leicester City 100% every game.

20 minutes ago, Koke said:

Very limited player. Could do a similar job Moses does for Chelsea if we ever play 352. At times he's practically playing as a second LB. His goals and assist stats since his arrival here are actually quite pathetic.

What are his goals and assists tally - Can't be much at all.

Albrightons problem is he's been asked to do to much. Help out Fuchs and then be an attacking winger also. It's too much ground to cover withe pace of matches in the prem.

He's also instruced to fire the ball in early  which is ok but he needs to chose better.

Mahrez has a similar problem on the right being exposed alone and also expected to help Simpson.

What we need is better cohesion  The better teams work in packs with plenty of support. For that you need quality in midfield and defenders you can depend on. 

1 hour ago, Alex_LCFC said:

I tjink woth his wirkrate he woukd make a decent box to box midfielder 

Said that a while ago on here. We could have played him on the right side of a 433. Therefore allowing Mahrez to stay up and do less defence work and Albrighton could have supported him more. Hes also a decent crosser from the right. Currently he's only in the team because he tracks back. Offers nothing going forward.

Archived