Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Everton (Home) Pre-Match Thread

57 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I'd bung Amartey into Centre back with Wes for this one.

Definately not Wasa and the other fella don't look brill either. If we are going 442 (very likely) I'd have King and Mendy as the CM's.

Gray on one side, Mahrez the other with Slim and Oza up front.

You're making sense again :)

59 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I'd bung Amartey into Centre back with Wes for this one.

Definately not Wasa and the other fella don't look brill either. If we are going 442 (very likely) I'd have King and Mendy as the CM's.

Gray on one side, Mahrez the other with Slim and Oza up front.

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

You're making sense again :)

Who needs a wife Col when you've got HPF instead? lol

Just now, Col city fan said:

I know....I feel as though I almost need to be PM'ing HPF before I post anything!

Make sure he's happy with it first!

lollol 

Tossers the pair of you :)

Thing is Col, you're so capable of excellent reason and i'm always a bit sad when you get dragged down to others' bickering - take it as a compliment.

Amartey could probably play at centre back to allow Drinkwater back into the team. Amartey is definitely improving though and not just because of his goal. He's starting to pick up some momentum so it might be better to keep him in the CM position. He has been very inconsistent for us being brilliant against Swansea, Burnley, Palace and Stoke and terrible in basically every other game! However, I think he's shown he's got a lot of potential whereas Andy King (who I will always love) probably doesn't. Amartey at his best can have a big impact in a game whereas I'm not sure King will ever be that guy. King was great against Palace though to be fair.

Gray really should be starting but it is probably suicide to play him and Mahrez from the start with an inexperienced left back (Chilwell) who will come into the team. So I see the team that many have predicted with Hernandez and Chillwell being the changes for Huth and Fuchs. I really hope Drinky returns to the team though, he's been hugely missed!

Just now, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Why does nobody seem to consider Slimani and ulloa up top? If we can get pace out wide then why not try something different... 

I guess I just see them as too similar. Neither are particularly mobile, but both good in the air. 

Personally, I always like the target man (in its various guises), quick man combo up front.

Just now, Col city fan said:

I guess I just see them as too similar. Neither are particularly mobile, but both good in the air. 

Personally, I always like the target man (in its various guises), quick man combo up front.

Yes I agree but Slimani does chase defenders down much more than ulloa and then ulloa is stronger than Slimani so can hold the ball better but be nice to have two physical chaps up front for a change

Just now, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Yes I agree but Slimani does chase defenders down much more than ulloa and then ulloa is stronger than Slimani so can hold the ball better but be nice to have two physical chaps up front for a change

play them both and we may as well not bother with a midfield as it would be all route 1 lump balls

20 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

If we've appealed Vardy's sending off doesn't that mean his suspension gets, well suspended till a decision is reached?

I believe hearing is tomorrow so imagine it will be all decided before the weekend

11 hours ago, filbertway said:

Dno if you've noticed but the experienced lads have hardly covered themselves in glory. Great opportunity to get another start and 90 minutes under his belt.

You make it sound like a team has spent 90 minutes taking us apart on their right wing. He'd actually be playing as part of a decent team, not the absolute dregs like Was and Schlupp (you'd hope anyway).

If it's a choice between playing our promising left back, who's played a blinder for Huddersfield last season and is a regular for England u21's. Or Jeff Schlupp, who's been given a million chances because he's fast and strong, give me Chillwell any day.

Fair play if you don't believe in giving youth a fair crack and prefer having a finished article/older player out of position. It's definitely a more pragmatic and sensible short term choice.

I've always been in favour of developing players and always will be. I think it's down to personal preference really.

I hope Schlupp played his last game ever that night in Porto and will be sold in January. I also hope he'll never even see the bench again.

The experienced lads might have not covered themselves in glory, Fuchs is still a better choice than Chilwell. By a country mile. Porto did rip us apart on our right wing. 4 goals came from there and they made Chillwell their priority target. In the second half he did have Albrighton who's practically playing as second LB. 

If you're good enough, you're old enough. I don't believe Chilwell is actually ready for the PL. I saw him play a few times and wasn't very impressed, that being said I'm no coach. Time will tell, but what's sure is that he'll never get enough game time to develop if he stays in the first team, unless Fuchs is injured (which I really, really don't hope). It's not impossible that another LB might be bought in January.

I'm sure he'll start against Everton though. Consequence: Gray will be benched and Albrighton to start on the left wing. 

If we follow the trend it will be:

Kasper

Simpson Hernandez Morgan Chillwell

Mahrez Amartey Drinkwater(if fit) Albrighton

Okazaki Slimani

I'd have loved to see something like that though :

Kasper                                                                                                         Kasper

Simpson Amartey Morgan Hernandez(or Albrighton)                     or             Simpson Hernandez Morgan Albrighton(or Chillwell)

Mahrez Mendy Drinkwater Gray                                                                                     Amartey

Okazaki Slimani                                                                                        Mendy Drinkwater

Mahrez                            Gray

Slimani             

4 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

I hope Schlupp played his last game ever that night in Porto and will be sold in January. I also hope he'll never even see the bench again.

The experienced lads might have not covered themselves in glory, Fuchs is still a better choice than Chilwell. By a country mile. Porto did rip us apart on our right wing. 4 goals came from there and they made Chillwell their priority target. In the second half he did have Albrighton who's practically playing as second LB. 

If you're good enough, you're old enough. I don't believe Chilwell is actually ready for the PL. I saw him play a few times and wasn't very impressed, that being said I'm no coach. Time will tell, but what's sure is that he'll never get enough game time to develop if he stays in the first team, unless Fuchs is injured (which I really, really don't hope). It's not impossible that another LB might be bought in January.

I'm sure he'll start against Everton though. Consequence: Gray will be benched and Albrighton to start on the left wing. 

If we follow the trend it will be:

Kasper

Simpson Hernandez Morgan Chillwell

Mahrez Amartey Drinkwater(if fit) Albrighton

Okazaki Slimani

I'd have loved to see something like that though :

Kasper                                                                                                         Kasper

Simpson Amartey Morgan Hernandez/Albrighton                     or               Simpson Hernandez Morgan Albrighton/Chillwell

Mahrez Mendy Drinkwater Gray                                                                                     Amartey

Okazaki Slimani                                                                                        Mendy Drinkwater

Mahrez                            Gray

Slimani             

Definitely better off with 12 players, who's going to wear the invisibility cloak?

3 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Definitely better off with 12 players, who's going to wear the invisibility cloak?

How funny. It's either Hernandez or Albrighton in the 4-4-2 or Albrighton or Chillwell in the other formation.

Edited the post for "clarity"'s sake.

Archived