Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Everton (Home) Pre-Match Thread

Wait.... people are actually putting Wasilewski in their starting line up? lol

Wasilewski is done as a footballer at this level, but some of you want him up against Lukaku. Hernandez has struggled at RB but is bizarrely completely written off as CB for reasons unbeknownst to me. I despair sometimes.

Gray won't start because Claudio won't play Chillwell and Gray together. Look what happened against Porto! I know Schlupp was at LM that game but I think based off that he will start Albrighton instead. 

Gray will get a run soon I'm sure. Mahrez will be off for a month so will play then. He looks better every time I see him so hope he does well!

It's the usual Gray should start, but he won't, 352 formation, it won't be, Albrighton dropped, nah sorry. It'll be 442 with Chillwel in for Fuchs, maybe Armarty dropping in for Huth with Drinky back in, failing that Wasy and Vardy if his ban is overturned with Slim or Oki/Ulloa. At home if we can keep Lukako quiet we should get away with this, let's just hope we see some of that fight we had today and not do a Man City to Bournemouth number. 

3 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Staggering how many of not only ours but many other teams players are banned for boxing day game :ph34r:

I don't get it, surely they still have to come into training as usual, and still attend the match?

2 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

It's the usual Gray should start, but he won't, 352 formation, it won't be, Albrighton dropped, nah sorry. It'll be 442 with Chillwel in for Fuchs, maybe Armarty dropping in for Huth with Drinky back in, failing that Wasy and Vardy if his ban is overturned with Slim or Oki/Ulloa. At home if we can keep Lukako quiet we should get away with this, let's just hope we see some of that fight we had today and not do a Man City to Bournemouth number. 

Got to keep Ross Barkley quiet too imo.

8 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Staggering how many of not only ours but many other teams players are banned for boxing day game :ph34r:

It's December so it's natural that a lot of nplayers have collected 5 yellow cards. 

15 minutes ago, Koke said:

Wasilewski is done as a footballer at this level, but some of you want him up against Lukaku. Hernandez has struggled at RB but is bizarrely completely written off as CB for reasons unbeknownst to me. I despair sometimes.

I don't know, maybe people saw how rubbish he was against Hull at CB, then saw his equally-rubbish performances at RB and guessed that he wasn't a solution. He's as slow as anyone we've got, so he adds nothing at the back in that respect, and more importantly he looks easily bossed in physical terms.

It's a tough call, for me. Drop Amartey back to CB, with Chilwell on the left? Or put Amartey at RB with Simpson in the centre (which he's done once or twice as an emergency measure)?

Perhaps Hernandez or even Benalouane would, after all, be a more straightforward solution, in terms of the impact other variations would have elsewhere on the pitch. On the other hand, if we think Chilwell isn't ready, and feel the three-man midfield worked well with two strikers, then it could be the time for the 3-5-2. Doubt we'll see it though. Or a 4-3-1-2 / 4-3-3 sort of shape, for that matter. 

That said, I would like to see Ulloa/Slimani/Vardy as a central striker with Gray and Mahrez either side. Midfield unit of Amartey-King-Drinkwater. Could really help Mahrez receive possession in more dangerous positions. Not that this helps our defensive problems, of course.

55 minutes ago, Koke said:

Big Was started three games last season and dominated Lukaku in two of them don't right him off

18 minutes ago, Pasty1 said:

Please not Chilwell... Not ready....

Agree, and it's worrying, but who do you put at LB instead? A disinterested Schlupp who wants to leave the club and has been relegated to the U23s? Albrighton who is more a RWB? Claudio looks like he rates Chilwell as he made the bench today for some reason, over Hernandez who could have covered more positions.

Anyway, it will be 442, today's team but with Chilwell and Hernandez in. Expect Everton to target Chilwell specifically during attacks. Walshy knows our lot and has spent ages scouting our summer signings. Not optimistic.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

To be fair he was arguably MOTM in the away game at Everton last season. 

2 hours ago, Pasty1 said:

Please not Chilwell... Not ready....

If the alternative left back is Schlupp then I'd rather have whoever plays left back for the under 16s.

Chilwell is an England U21 international on £20k+ a week. If he's not ready to play in a home game against a mid-table side then he has no business being at the club.

4 minutes ago, ttfn said:

If the alternative left back is Schlupp then I'd rather have whoever plays left back for the under 16s.

Chilwell is an England U21 international on £20k+ a week. If he's not ready to play in a home game against a mid-table side then he has no business being at the club.

You know, we HAVE seen that Jeff can play down that left side. But as a wing back. I pointed this out to you before when he did extremely well under Pearson in the great escape.

He should have been sold to West Brom though. His heart doesn't seem to be in it anymore for City.

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You know, we HAVE seen that Jeff can play down that left side. But as a wing back. I pointed this out to you before when he did extremely well under Pearson in the great escape.

He should have been sold to West Brom though. His heart doesn't seem to be in it anymore for City.

Wing back, fine (although second choice to Fuchs).

Ranieri is on record saying we won't play anything other than 4-4-2. We can't afford to play Schlupp at left back.

Archived