Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Everton (Home) Pre-Match Thread

42 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Schlupp can not play he doesnt deserve to, i actually cant remember the last time he played well for us? Start Chilwell no point playing players out of position and the lad needs to be in our team if he is going to step up at some point.

Kasper

Simpson Amartey Morgan Chilwell

Mahrez King Drinkwater (if fit Mendy if not) Albrighton (only becasue he will support Chilwell more than Gray)

Silimani Shinji

Good time to be playing Everton i would say.

But you want to play Amartey at CB? :facepalm:

He may have played there before, but CM/DM seems his position

Given the recent conspiracy theory's discovered by our fans that the FA are attempting to get Everton as high up the league as possible and and have it in for us I am not feeling to confident. 

3-0 Everton, all dodgey pens (all scored by Ross Barkley to add insult), Andy King to get sent off for improper tone of voice. Fox Mulder to show up at FT and begin helping us discover "The Truth"

Chilwel had 2 bad games against Porto and Chelsea but people forget Schlupp was even worse against Porto - and he's had numerous other shocking performances. 

Chilwell won't get better if he doesn't play and Everton aren't anything special he should be scared of.

I think people are forgetting about the extreme lack of cover Chilwell got against Porto & Chelsea. Against Porto, Schlupp left him completely isolated. As did Gray when he switched flanks.

Against Chelsea, Schlupp didn't track back and then Ulloa had to play on the wing.

With Albrighton infront of him, we'll see a much better Chilwell because he'll actually have some support.

20 minutes ago, Koke said:

Chilwel had 2 bad games against Porto and Chelsea but people forget Schlupp was even worse against Porto - and he's had numerous other shocking performances. 

Chilwell won't get better if he doesn't play and Everton aren't anything special he should be scared of.

I wouldn't be entirely confident of anyone going up against Seamus Coleman to be honest, Fuchs managed as well as he could in the away game last year but Coleman still ran rings round him all game. 

21 minutes ago, daz*dsb said:

I'd prefer it if Gillian Anderson turned up. Well, Gillian Anderson from 20 years ago maybe. 

But she was the skeptic......eye candy is no good when it's telling you something ridiculous when it was just a bit of bad luck Vardy got sent off and Barkley got away with it!

53 minutes ago, Koke said:

Schlupp will never ever make it as a left back and I say that with certainty. He hasn't got the concentration or the brain. I will be annoyed if he plays over Chilwell.

I think the left back situation is going to make me go with Albrighton over Gray as well.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Schlupp will never ever make it as a left back and I say that with certainty. He hasn't got the concentration or the brain. I will be annoyed if he plays over Chilwell.

I think the left back situation is going to make me go with Albrighton over Gray as well.

Agree. Or Schlupp (I know) in front of Chilwell. We all know what Coleman is like in terms of being an attacking threat.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I agree. Shame for Gray. Maybe CR will surprise us and play Gray instead of Okazaki in th second striker role.

23 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Agree. Or Schlupp (I know) in front of Chilwell.

We tried that at Porto and in the EFL-Cup.

It didn't work .

Schlupp is obviously no longer interested in the

proceedings at LCFC. To field a player, who

doesn't give a damn  about the club, would be a

major risk.

I guess, we will see Chilwell and Albrighton on the left

side. And Gray will replace Mahrez in the second half.

As usual.

3 hours ago, foxes21 said:

I think people are forgetting about the extreme lack of cover Chilwell got against Porto & Chelsea. Against Porto, Schlupp left him completely isolated. As did Gray when he switched flanks.

Against Chelsea, Schlupp didn't track back and then Ulloa had to play on the wing.

With Albrighton infront of him, we'll see a much better Chilwell because he'll actually have some support.

This. I think I've said this about 5 times in different threads lol 

Kasper

Simpson Morgan Amartey/Hernandez Chilwell

Gray Drinkwater Mendy/James Albrighton

Ulloa  Okazaki

I feel like Gray has been doing enough to deserve to start, similarly I think Mahrez needs to be dropped as he hasn't been playing well. I know King and Amartey played well against Man City and the second half against Stoke. But they don't have any presence most of the time and have really been struggling most of the time to have any impact.

6 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Why is everyone writing off Chilwell? 

He had a bad game last time out granted but tell me who actually didn't that night? 

He was no better or worse than anyone.

I can  see lot of egg on people's faces when he plays outstanding but of course everyone then here will be bigging  him up as world class.

People here on Foxestalk  change their opinions more than QPR change their managers. 

People are writing him off because pretty much every game he's played he's made a mistake that's led to a goal, and spends the entire game getting skinned repeatedly

I'm not saying Schlupp's much better, but at least he can catch people up when they get past him

6 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

People are writing him off because pretty much every game he's played he's made a mistake that's led to a goal, and spends the entire game getting skinned repeatedly

I'm not saying Schlupp's much better, but at least he can catch people up when they get past him

I think your getting him mixed up with someone else Chilwell is not slow by any means. 

At least at left back Jeff doesn't have to think too much more like reacting to the situation  he is is quick and strong.He seems lost in midfield where he has to make decisions/ something happen.A choice between the two Id go with Jeff

Chilwell is easy on the eye but rarely makes a tackle(reminds me of Lawrence),turns his back and I think he often goes forward when caution is needed.Wish him well though .

Amarty wth Morgan .Mahrez has to play and Albrighton.for defence

I understand the feeling for Gray but he is great later when the game is stretched and players are fatigued ,Same problem when we had Knocky and Mahrez couldn't play em both.

27 minutes ago, Spicer said:

Kasper

Simpson Morgan Amartey/Hernandez Chilwell

Gray Drinkwater Mendy/James Albrighton

Ulloa  Okazaki

I feel like Gray has been doing enough to deserve to start, similarly I think Mahrez needs to be dropped as he hasn't been playing well. I know King and Amartey played well against Man City and the second half against Stoke. But they don't have any presence most of the time and have really been struggling most of the time to have any impact.

Regarding the fact, that Mahrez, Slimani and Amartey will perhaps miss 4 PL games in January/February,

thanks to AFCON, it would make a lot of sense to use them now, as much as possible.

I think many here have some excellent points on the players.

But as far as tactics are concerned I'm glad we do not use the 4-2-3-1 or the 433.  We just don't have the players for it.  

The 433 is an attacking formation that requires two very strong defensive (regista) midfielders with a Stryker-midfielder.  

The 4231 (seemingly the English flavor of the day) can be a disaster if you do not have the same in midfield (just look at man city's modified 4321, their 4141, and how it was destroyed by little old Leicester).  

The 442 with strong pressing is still the most dangerous if well executed.  Sacchi's juggernaut Milan proved that.   

I belive Ranieri has a good handle on our players ability.  I just don't see at the moment a formation that suits us better.

:claudio:

Archived