Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Everton (Home) Pre-Match Thread

the way the forum is layout on certain devices, putting two formations side by side caused one of the lines from the right hand formation to be added to the left hand formation. looked like 12 on the left to me too, then i refreshed and now its a 22 man mess

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

It's the way my iPad is formatting what you've written. Just noticed that bottom right has only 10 players. Albrighton/Chilwell is wrapping round to make bottom left look like 12 leaving bottom right with 10. Can't show you, but doesn't matter.

Ah, didn't thought of people reading on smartphones. Good to know.

I know this is a snipers shot in the dark whilst wearing sunglasses, but with Vardy suspended (I think there will be a compromise of a 1 game ban, with both parties all sort of winning) and the two suspensions, I wonder if Ranieri may try another......wait for it.......formation? 

Yes, another formation, there i've said it. 

But if some of the best football we've played came from a 4-4-1 against Stoke, could we not move Mahrez into the attacking middle spot just behind Slimani? This allows Gray into the team on the right. Sadly it drops Okazaki, but that's easily interchangeable if Okazaki looks better in training. 

We know Chilwell will be targeted down the left, so I think Albrighton will be briefed to cover more for him than he usually does for Fuchs. 

So perhaps a 4-4-1-1....

Schmeichel 

Simpson Morgan Hernandez Chilwell

Gray Amartey Drinkwater Albrighton

Mahrez

Slimani

Hell, to keep Ranieri happy he could still call it 4-4-2 with...

Schmeichel 

Simpson Morgan Hernandez Chilwell

Gray Amartey Drinkwater Albrighton

Mahrez  Slimani

If he likes.

I think if we're developing Amartey as a CM then he should be allowed to do just that, not changing him when we feel like it. 

Gray has to start now. And with the AFCON coming up, it would make sense for him to get some game time momentum for when he has to cover. 

Also, he'll be in the shop window for Koeman, so he's bound to up his game. 

With Fuchs suspended we must play Chilwell, otherwise what is the point.

Give him a chance to play a proper game, the last thing I want  to see is Schlupp at left back.

With 3 suspensions, Drinky, Mendy and James still looking for match fitness, Gray and Ulloa staking their claim, then it really could be one of many different line ups and formations. Good luck Ranieri, because I have no idea what the best team would be for this one. Just give Chilwell a chance, if he doesn't get this game he will start reconsidering his future here.

Tough game but they're certainly beatable. Suspensions are such a shame, because things are starting to look a little rosier for us. I love Wasyl, but I don't want to see him play in any more competitive games for us, he is a massive liability. Let's get Hernandez in and show why the **** we signed him. Gray has to start. Okazaki and Ulloa up top.

Guest CityFan 06

Wouldn't mind Okazaki & Musa linking up again, that seemed to work well vs Palace (H). Slimani and Ulloa also make a case. 

----------------------------Kasper-----------------------------------

---Simpson---Hernandez----Morgan----Chilwell------------

-----------------Amartey----Kingy/Mendy/Drinky--------------

---Mahrez----------------Okazaki-------------------Albrighton-

----------------------------Slimani------------------------------------

What do people think about Slimani/Musa upfront together? Claudio likes some raw pace on the pitch and without Vardy, Musa is probably the best option.

I'm guessing Musa will start, either on the wings or upfront. A Slimani/Musa partnership could work?

Archived