Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Everton (Home) Pre-Match Thread

5 hours ago, STUHILL said:

This, although still wouldn't mind a formation change and maybe have Mendy in too if we can have a 3 man midfield, but today's performance was better 

Me neither, but feel a change in formation won't happen. Mendy needs some minutes under the belt as a sub before being thrown in. Leo, Demmi and Shinji have all shown fight. Plus Leo has never let us down and has earnt a chance.

Huth obviously hates playing Everton...he was suspended for both matches against them last season as well!

Assuming Drinky is injured, I'd just put Shinji in for Vardy, Hernandez in for Huth and Chilwell in for Fuchs.

Ideally I'd stick Amartey at CB with Mendy in midfield but not sure Mendy is ready.

Since 4-4-2 is kinda set in stone....

Kasper

Simpson Hernandez Amartey Albrighton

Mahrez Mendy Drinkwater Gray

Okazaki Slimani

Can Amartey actually play CB? Other than as a sub in the cup game against Chelsea we haven't seen Amartey play in that position. 

Maybe Amartey-Hernandez CB pairing is a revolution waiting to happen.

Just now, Koke said:

Can Amartey actually play CB? Other than as a sub in the cup game against Chelsea we haven't seen Amartey play in that position. 

Maybe Amartey-Hernandez CB pairing is a revolution waiting to happen.

he played there until Copenhagen moved him forward into midfield

I think we need three in midfield for this one to protect an unfamilar back four that we are bound to play. 

Kasper is is such a key member of our squad. His ability to lead and influence confidence in those in front is a massive plus point to his undoubted ability. He has had his critics but Kasper is truly a legend in the making, if not already one.

kasper

simpson

morgan

hernandez

chilwell

mendy

amartey 

drinky/king

mahrez

vardy

slimani

Bit harsh on Dimmi who I think show plenty of bottle in the stoke game.

35 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I think we need three in midfield for this one to protect an unfamilar back four that we are bound to play. 

Kasper is is such a key member of our squad. His ability to lead and influence confidence in those in front is a massive plus point to his undoubted ability. He has had his critics but Kasper is truly a legend in the making, if not already one.

kasper

simpson

morgan

hernandez

chilwell

mendy

amartey 

drinky/king

mahrez

vardy

slimani

Bit harsh on Dimmi who I think show plenty of bottle in the stoke game.

Vardy is suspended???

Difficult to speculate on a possible team this early, however the lads who battled back for us today deserve a chance for me. We know there won't be a formation change. I would pick below with protecting the more vulnerable players with senior ones in front or next to.I would also play Marhez behind Ulloa.

Kasper

Simpson

Hernandez

Morgan

Chilwell

Gray

Drinkwater

Amartey

Albrighton

Marhez

Ulloa

Subs: Zieler, Was, King, Mendy, Musa, Okazaki, Slimani.

Shame two defenders are out, it might make him think twice about changes in midfield and upfront, as he won't want to change the starting 11 drastically. Gray deserves his chance now, can't see Albrighton being dropped though as I can't see him wanting Chilwell/Gray or Mahrez on that side.

22 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Shame two defenders are out, it might make him think twice about changes in midfield and upfront, as he won't want to change the starting 11 drastically. Gray deserves his chance now, can't see Albrighton being dropped though as I can't see him wanting Chilwell/Gray or Mahrez on that side.

Bingo - some sense on here. I think this may be Claudio's biggest headache over the next week. I think he will plump for chilwell/albrighton. just hope drinky is fit to protect the back two a bit better. 

5 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Perfect time to change the formation 

Schmeichel

Hernandez

Morgan

Wasyl

Albrighton

Amartey

Drinkwater

Schlupp

Gray

Ulloa

Musa

Harsh to drop Mahrez, worked his ass off yesterday and think things may just slowly be starting to click for him

Hopefully drinkwater is back for this one.

Schmeichal

Simpson

Hernandez

Morgan (needs to man mark Lukaku out of the game....again)

Chilwell

Gray

Drinkwater

Amartey

Albrighton (hasn't been playing well but chilwell will need support, and Coleman will be a threat)

Mahrez

Slimani

Whoever comes in has to have the right attitude.  Against Stoke 10 men came back from a two goal deficit to get a point.  They never gave up.  We need to maintain that drive and determination over the next few matches to turn our season around.

If we pick players who aren't willing to give it their all we could be back to a first half at Bournemouth display and our positive momentum will be lost.

CR will know more about who is up for the fight than we do.  I expect Wasyl would give it his all if he came in, Chilwell may be glad to get another chance but although he could do a job it looks to me like Schlupp wants to go so is unlikely to have the attitude we need.  Okazaki always looks willing to give his best shot.

Archived