Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Everton (Home) Pre-Match Thread

On 12/17/2016 at 19:09, Koke said:

Wait.... people are actually putting Wasilewski in their starting line up? lol

Wasilewski is done as a footballer at this level, but some of you want him up against Lukaku. Hernandez has struggled at RB but is bizarrely completely written off as CB for reasons unbeknownst to me. I despair sometimes.

He was on the winning side against him  and played well at the Arsenal  until that stupid free kick far better than Hernandez

I know this won't happen, but:

Kasper

Albrighton  Simpson Morgan Was/Hernandez Fuchs

Amartey         Drinkwater

Mahrez

Slimani         Gray

Basically 3 at the back, Albrighton and Fuchs as wingbacks, Gray & Mahrez free to roam around, swap, etc. Optionally Fuchs instead of Was/Hernandez, with Schlupp at left wingback. Okazaki on for Mahrez if we need to go more defensive later on. Musa on for either Slimani or Gray as required late in the second.

There, sorted!

4 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

We will win this. Mark Lawrenson just described Leicester winning the Prem as 'the best thing to ever happen in football, better than England winning the world cup'.

I feel good. 

Lawro in not talking bollocks shocker.

7 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I know this won't happen, but:

Kasper

Albrighton  Simpson Morgan Was/Hernandez Fuchs

Amartey         Drinkwater

Mahrez

Slimani         Gray

Basically 3 at the back, Albrighton and Fuchs as wingbacks, Gray & Mahrez free to roam around, swap, etc. Optionally Fuchs instead of Was/Hernandez, with Schlupp at left wingback. Okazaki on for Mahrez if we need to go more defensive later on. Musa on for either Slimani or Gray as required late in the second.

There, sorted!

You are right it won't happen as Fuchs is suspended.

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

You are right it won't happen as Fuchs is suspended.

Bugger! Forgot. We don't have much to choose from do we? Well put Schlupp in and hope he gives himself a kick up the arse!

lollol

Edit: Actually also forgot about Chilwell. He might do well as a wingback.

My memory seem to be getting worse.

11 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Bugger! Forgot. We don't have much to choose from do we? Well put Schlupp in and hope he gives himself a kick up the arse!

lollol

Edit: Actually also forgot about Chilwell. He might do well as a wingback.

My memory seem to be getting worse.

Recon if I was Claudio I would draw names from a hat because non of the options look particularly inspiring to be fair.

Stat time

• Leicester did the double over Everton last season on their way to the title, the first time they had done that since 1985/86. However, these are Everton's only defeats to Leicester in 13 league games (W2 D9).
  • The Foxes haven't won a Premier League Boxing Day match since beating Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 in 1998 (D1 L5).
  • Everton are unbeaten in their last four Premier League away games on Boxing Day, scoring exactly one goal in each match (W2 D2 L0).
  • Leicester City have won just 17 points from their 17 games this season - that's less than half the tally they had at this stage in their title-winning 2015-16 campaign (38 points).
  • The Foxes have conceded a goal in each of their last 10 Premier League games - only bottom of the league side Hull are on a longer run without a clean sheet in the competition (15 games without one).
  • Everton have lost four successive Premier League away games - they haven't lost five in a row on the road since January 2015.
  • Romelu Lukaku has scored six of Everton's nine Premier League away goals this season (67%) and has also attempted 42% of their shots on target on the road (14/33).
  • Everton have lost just two of their last 13 Premier League games against a reigning champion (W6 D5 L2).
  • However, the only previous occasions that Everton have defeated the reigning Premier League champions away from home in the competition were in March 1996 versus Blackburn Rovers and December 2013 at Manchester United.

Chilwell starts for me. It's a gamble but you have to take them if you want to bring players through. Southampton showed the bollocks to throw Josh Sims in (ironically in the exact same fixture) and he ended up man of the match. I agree with everyone who says he's looked dodgy but he won't improve by watching Jeff Schlupp's 'defending'.

8 hours ago, TheMightySystem said:

People suggesting Schlupp at LB cause of Chilwells performance against Porto, forgetting Schlupps worse performance against Porto.

Dunno. I recall Chilwell causing at least two of their goals. I'd love him to play, put in a great performance, and become a solid left back for us, but after Port I'd trust Schlupp's marking more. Guess it's down to what Ranners sees in training.

11 hours ago, foxaholic said:

He was on the winning side against him  and played well at the Arsenal  until that stupid free kick far better than Hernandez

Wasilewski is a much bigger liability than Hernandez. He's finished as a footballer at this level. Hernandez has played 1 game at CB and people are just writing him off. 

Hernandez might not be great but he's much more preferable to Wasilewski. 

As I said elsewhere if Chilwell doesn't start on Monday he should look for a loan or maybe even permanent move because if you can't get in ahead of Schlupp at left back (especially for a one-off game at home to a mid-table side) you've got no business being at a Premier League club.

As others have said Chilwell is not going to get any better sat on the bench. He needs to play and he surely can't be any worse at left back than Schlupp, not to mention that Jeff has been dire this season with the exception of 20 minutes against Watford (when, in the interest of balance, he played left back and was our best player).

Chilwell's had two games this season in which we've played an accomplished European side and the current runaway league leaders in England. Everton will be another test but even if he finds it as tough as Jeff does at LB surely it's a worthwhile investment in the club's future to pick him rather than a player who may well leave in January and has been given numerous chances to prove himself this season.

9 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I forgot about Schlupp at left back. It may be worth it unless we're sure Chilwell had improved since his last outing.

Why is everyone writing off Chilwell? 

He had a bad game last time out granted but tell me who actually didn't that night? 

He was no better or worse than anyone.

I can  see lot of egg on people's faces when he plays outstanding but of course everyone then here will be bigging  him up as world class.

People here on Foxestalk  change their opinions more than QPR change their managers. 

Schlupp can not play he doesnt deserve to, i actually cant remember the last time he played well for us? Start Chilwell no point playing players out of posistion and the lad needs to be in our team if he is going to step up at some point.

Kasper

Simpson Amartey Morgan Chilwell

Mahrez King Drinkwater (if fit Mendy if not) Albrighton (only becasue he will support Chilwell more than Gray)

Silimani Shinji

Good time to be playing Everton i would say.

Have to agree with ttfn about Schlupp. Ive always tried to defend him and know he can be a real threat when he's 'on it'.

Problem is, this season he's been far from 'on it'. He should have been sold and gone to play for a club that wanted to play him and that he wanted to play for. Would have been best for both parties imo.

Archived