Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Everton (Home) Pre-Match Thread

Not too keen on defenders who turn their back on the ball, so no to Chillwell for me

Kasper

Simpson

Amartey

Morgan

Hernandez

Mahrez

Mendy

Drinkwater

Okaxaki

Gray

Vardy (if appealed and won Ulloa if suspension stands)

I don't really rate Chilwell yet however think he will be better with Albrighton in front of him.

Kasper

Simpson Morgan Was Chilwell

Mahrez  Armartey  King  Albrighton

Slimani   Musa

The above is what i think he will play however i would really like to see Ulloa instead of Slimani. Slimani is yet to impress me, 30M seems expensive for someone who can head the ball but not use his feet.

Ulloa is as good at heading but can also finish with his feet.

If Wasilewski starts then his only starts in the last two seasons will all have been against Everton I believe? 3 times. How bizarre.

Kasper

Simpson

Morgan

Hernandez

Chilwell

Gray

Amartey

King

Albrighton

Okazaki

Slimani

Subs: Mahrez, Ulloa, Benalouane, Zieler, Musa, Mendy, Kaputska

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If Wasilewski starts then his only starts in the last two seasons will all have been against Everton I believe? 3 times. How bizarre.

Kasper

Simpson

Morgan

Hernandez

Chilwell

Gray

Amartey

King

Albrighton

Okazaki

Slimani

Subs: Mahrez, Ulloa, Benalouane, Zieler, Musa, Mendy, Kaputska

Can't use Benny; apparently he is not registered.

8 hours ago, filbertway said:

Like the idea of Gray playing the role hes played for England

Schmiechel

Simpson

Morgan

Hernandez

Chillers

Mahrez

Drinky

Amartey

Albrighton

Gray

Slimani

I wasn't impressed with Chilwell last time out, and the thought of him and Gray on the left fills me with dread, so probably this is the best available. Ordinarily I'd prefer Schlupp over Chilwell, but he's clearly not interested, so isn't an option.

Perhaps Ulloa over Slimani? Probably swap them at some stage anyway. Could bring on Okazaki for Gray if we're up in the second half.

We need to put our faith in chilwell. Like people have said he will only get better if he plays. I would have absolutely no confidence in Jeff at left back. I hope he doesn't play the big pole either. He is completely finished. Time for Hernandez to show what he can do in his preferred position. 

Chilwell isn't going to magically become a top defender without playing. We play him and accept he won't be as good as Fuchs. We need to invest in players futures, there's always an excuse not to play youngsters "we don't want to go down, we want to progress in the cup, we want to try and finish in the top 8".

Absolutely no point on keeping him if were not willing to see him grow as a player with us.

Find it genuinely stunning how short termist some people are, especially with unfamiliar players.

Archived