Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Everton (Home) Pre-Match Thread

13 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

What do people think about Slimani/Musa upfront together? Claudio likes some raw pace on the pitch and without Vardy, Musa is probably the best option.

I'm guessing Musa will start, either on the wings or upfront. A Slimani/Musa partnership could work?

Think gray is more likely at ST. Musa looks better LM where he can have the ball to feet and then skin players.

3 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Some selective memories about Musa playing up top. Haven't we already made mistake 4 times already? Come off it.

It's fair to say that Musa has not set the KP alight yet with any of his performances, especially up front. However, he has not had a settled run in the side and has changed position many times. He's also adapting to a new league and new culture and in a team that is struggling in general.

If you go back in time you will find many threads on here about Jamie Vardy being the worst signing we ever made, both when were in the Championship and when we went on that bleak Premier League run with Pearson in charge. And as it turned out, he proved to be not too shabby once he had a good run in the team and we played in a style that suited him.

Going to leave this clip here. Yes it was a friendly and yes it's against a team that has an even more shocking back four (in terms of defending) than we do, but Musa looked pretty good in this game.

Bizzarre slating Musa so early when he's come to a much harder and very different league, new country, to a frankly below par side this year and most importantly he's barely played. Clearly a good player in there somewhere we just need to utilise him properly. Massive opportunities for him and Demarai when Mahrez and Slimani head off to AFCON

4 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Is that how many games you get these days before being binned?

Mate someone has just called the Barca defence worse than ours.

heads gone all over this forum.

everton at home last season was a decent game. Kingy to slam another home this time too

1 minute ago, SystonFox said:

everton at home last season was a decent game. Kingy to slam another home this time too

To be fair, the way they play their defence is about as open as Man City's. Teams are so scared of Messi, Suarez and Neymar though that they don't commit enough men forward to take advantage.

1 minute ago, SystonFox said:

You are literally only as good as your last game on here nowadays. 

so no Huth, no Fuchs ,no Vardy. bring on the siege mentality! we've got our backs to the wall now let's fight and show people we a team worthy of the name Champions. the fringe players need to really step it up and put in a performance. I want to see Musa running at defenders and being able to pass the ball. I want to see gray put in quality crosses for Ulloa and Slimani. I want top see Mahrez put in a display we all know he can deliver. when we were up against it against Stoke we found a way. come on foxes find the way!

2 hours ago, Ricey said:

Schemeichel

Simpson - Hernandez - Morgan - Chilwell

Mahrez - Drinkwater (King if not) - Amartey - Albrighton

Gray

Slimani

I like that team. My only concern depends on which Everton turns up. If they are going to be sitting deep with men behind the ball, Gray could be nullified in the middle. Okazaki would be much better suited in that situation, with his link up play and high press.

However Gray definately deserves his chance and that position is probably the only way he fits into the starting 11.

33 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Also, Benny?

From Thursday 27th October:

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/ranieris-fitness-update-mendy-chilwell-benalouane-3386162.aspx

Extract from the article regarding Benny....CR's statement

Meanwhile, Ranieri also discussed the fitness of defender Benalouane, who has notched up some valuable minutes for the Club’s Development Squad in recent weeks.

Ranieri said of Benalouane: “He is getting closer. He has trained very well and played well for the Under-23s. If I need him soon he is ready to play.”

3 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

From Thursday 27th October:

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/ranieris-fitness-update-mendy-chilwell-benalouane-3386162.aspx

Extract from the article regarding Benny....CR's statement

Meanwhile, Ranieri also discussed the fitness of defender Benalouane, who has notched up some valuable minutes for the Club’s Development Squad in recent weeks.

Ranieri said of Benalouane: “He is getting closer. He has trained very well and played well for the Under-23s. If I need him soon he is ready to play.”

That makes it sound like he is eligible to play

8 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

That makes it sound like he is eligible to play

Strange thing, I looked on LCFC site a few days ago and he was allocated the number 29 shirt, I look today and he doesn't have a number

I'd be sorely tempted to give Musa a go. Not as some left winger. But as the central striker, alongside one other.

He can score goals for fun and I can't believe he can continue to be as bad as he has looked. But I think this could be based on how we've used him (ie to come on late when we are chasing a game). I feel there must surely be more to come from him, as a starter, and played in his natural position.

5 hours ago, foxes21 said:

I like that team. My only concern depends on which Everton turns up. If they are going to be sitting deep with men behind the ball, Gray could be nullified in the middle. Okazaki would be much better suited in that situation, with his link up play and high press.

However Gray definately deserves his chance and that position is probably the only way he fits into the starting 11.

They just lost the Derby, fans are already pee'd off. I doubt they will park the bus.

Archived