Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Harvey Barnes

7 hours ago, Wookie said:

Barnsley had at takeover and lost their manager, they had a completely bizarre sea He's more than good enough for a mid table championship team and he was arguably their best player for the first half of the season. I think he's good enough enough to be in the squad as personally I feel we should look to shift Shinji.

Matty James was one of the best players they've ever seen. So not sure it means much. I think he's some way off getting game time yet.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

So are Eppiah, Knight etc? 

Eppiah, Knight, Hughes, Bramley, Ndukwu.......are all in France and none of them are likely to feature anywhere near the first team this season pre-Xmas.

Suspect reason so many of the U23s squad are in France is simply because of the number of First team squad who have not yet returned from world cup so they need 'bodies' to join in the training. The squad that travels to Austria in 2-3 weeks time will be a  more accurate reflection of Puel's thinking...

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

He's not rapid. 

Maybe not compared to you..... but compared to most players, he is more than quick enough to play in his preferred position.  Pretty sure he is one of the quickest players in the entire first team squad.

Would be interested to see any stats you may have on his speed comparisons?   (and No.... I don't have any stats to back up my view)  :)

16 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Maybe not compared to you..... but compared to most players, he is more than quick enough to play in his preferred position.  Pretty sure he is one of the quickest players in the entire first team squad.

Would be interested to see any stats you may have on his speed comparisons?   (and No.... I don't have any stats to back up my view)  :)

He's not. I've seen with my eyes he's not rapid. Vardy Gray and Musa are rapid. 

16 minutes ago, Bert said:

He's not. I've seen with my eyes he's not rapid. Vardy Gray and Musa are rapid. 

Don't really think you should saying a players pace is going to let him down because he's not as quick as Vardy, Gray and Musa as that would rule out >90% of all footballers.  Franz Carr was rapid.....but he was also s***!

Kylian Mbappe is rapid......but that doesn't make Vardy and Gray slow just because they aren't quite as quick.  Do you think Vardy is rapid compared to Mbappe and if not, does that mean his pace is an issue?

A little but of perspective might be more productive

58 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Don't really think you should saying a players pace is going to let him down because he's not as quick as Vardy, Gray and Musa as that would rule out >90% of all footballers.  Franz Carr was rapid.....but he was also s***!

Kylian Mbappe is rapid......but that doesn't make Vardy and Gray slow just because they aren't quite as quick.  Do you think Vardy is rapid compared to Mbappe and if not, does that mean his pace is an issue?

A little but of perspective might be more productive

You have your opinion and I have mine. He's not rapid like you claim, and I said they have rapid pace and Barnes doesn't because you claim Barnes is. 

I was comparing him to the players he's going to be in direct competition for places. 

Your points about Vardy and Mbappe are absolutely pathetic. Making a mountain of a molehill. 

A little less pedantry might be more productive. 

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

You have your opinion and I have mine. He's not rapid like you claim, and I said they have rapid pace and Barnes doesn't because you claim Barnes is. 

I was comparing him to the players he's going to be in direct competition for places. 

Your points about Vardy and Mbappe are absolutely pathetic. Making a mountain of a molehill. 

A little less pedantry might be more productive. 

Like you say, you have your opinion and I have mine. Barnes is not going to be in direct competition with either Vardy or Musa and it is unlikely he will be in competition with Gray either so commenting that pace is likely to let him down in his position is strange one for me....but clearly you don't like your opinions being challenged, hence you resort to the personal and emotive words pathetic and pedant. 

Rest assured, I will make a note not to challenge your opinions in future as I dont want to offend your sensitivities. 

4 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

He will admit himself hes not rapid 

I accept that rapid might be overstating it on my behalf but he is quick and my comment was in response to the original comment that "a player in his position, his pace is likely to let him down".  Totally disagree with that statement as there are many PL players in his position with same/lesser pace

18 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

"High and Mighty"!   Yeah, whatever...!

If you want to stick to facts rather than opinions, the chronology is that I challenged your assumption that "a player in his position, his pace is likely to let him down" which I totally disagree with as you were comparing him to other players who don't even play in his position (ie Vardy, Musa and possibly Gray).  It was only after that I used the word rapid which I agree may have overstated it..... but I guess that's the difference between people who are prepared to accept when they might be wrong and those who simply just "bang on " regardless...   

Fair to say that theres nothing more to gain here so i'll spare others the pain of any further replies.  Enjoy the rest of your day.  :) 

There are certain posters on here that don't like to have their opinions questioned and always like to have the last word in any debate/argument. Without mentioning names I can think of two beginning with the letter B. Please don't let these types stop you from posting your mostly insightful opinions.

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Foxy-Lady said:

I accept that rapid might be overstating it on my behalf but he is quick and my comment was in response to the original comment that "a player in his position, his pace is likely to let him down".  Totally disagree with that statement as there are many PL players in his position with same/lesser pace

He's not quick

4 hours ago, themightyfin said:

He's not quick

OK, he' not quick either.....he just seemed quick whenever I watched him play.

Must just have been that all the others players around him were slow and they made him look quick.  I guess only time will tell whether his "perceived lack of pace"  is going to be a problem.    Personally, I don t think so...

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd put his pace and running style similar to Albrighton's whom is his main Challenger for the left wing role.

Can see Albrignton being back up Right back, can't see him being played as a winger unless we play with a target man. 

I can’t  help but think that people get a bit carried away when it comes to Barnes . Every time I’ve seen him play he’s been disappointing. Yes he did ok at an Mk but it’s a much lower league and he started of well at Barnsley but then faded . I know he’s young and I’m not writing him off or saying he’s crap but hoping he’ll push for a first team spot to me looks miles away . 

• Like 1

On 12/07/2018 at 13:50, OhYesNdidi said:

Can see Albrignton being back up Right back, can't see him being played as a winger unless we play with a target man. 

I hope not. He showed last season he’s not up to RB. As part of a 5 he’s proven he can handle it, but as part of a 4 he’s never going to be good enough. With all the money we have why would we be looking at square pegs in round holes? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, baldeagle said:

I can’t  help but think that people get a bit carried away when it comes to Barnes . Every time I’ve seen him play he’s been disappointing. Yes he did ok at an Mk but it’s a much lower league and he started of well at Barnsley but then faded . I know he’s young and I’m not writing him off or saying he’s crap but hoping he’ll push for a first team spot to me looks miles away . 

Your assessment of his time at MK Don's and Barnsley is very harsh. The general consensus from both teams is he was absolutely mustard for them and both were desperate to have him back. 

I think a full year at a Championship club would be ideal and we should keep Kapustka instead for a few sub appearances.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Your assessment of his time at MK Don's and Barnsley is very harsh. The general consensus from both teams is he was absolutely mustard for them and both were desperate to have him back. 

I think a full year at a Championship club would be ideal and we should keep Kapustka instead for a few sub appearances.

I wouldn’t say it was very harsh I just pointed out the facts and that they were lower leagues , of course they wanted him back as they are a different level and he probable looked great . I’m just saying I don’t think he’s ready to push for a first team spot  .  If I said he was useless or crap that would have been harsh but I didn’t . I agree he needs a full season at a championship club and it’ll do him the world of good  as he’s not ready for the prem as I said in my original post 

Edited by baldeagle

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If Vardy, Maddison, Diabate and AJ starting, it only leaves 4 attacking players Max on the bench, you'd have thought those would be used up by Slimani, Kelechi, gray and Albrighton. Kapustka won't even get on the bench. What's the point in keeping him so he can play 2 or 3 cup matches. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi