Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Harvey Barnes

30 minutes ago, Solihullfox said:

Sure I read that Under 20's in Toulon, France, are effectively the Under 18team with a couple of additions and are at the Toulon tournament because the U 20 squad are at the U 20 World Cup in South Korea

You are right. It's the U18s with a few over age players. Barnes and Moore are overage.

10 hours ago, dominicmsb said:

You are right. It's the U18s with a few over age players. Barnes and Moore are overage.

Which I guess means that the England U20 and U21 coaches don't consider Harvey to be good enough at the moment. Otherwise he would be in Korea now or going to Poland with chillers and demmi

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Which I guess means that the England U20 and U21 coaches don't consider Harvey to be good enough at the moment. Otherwise he would be in Korea now or going to Poland with chillers and demmi

I think this was his first call up of any sort.So i'd imagine he's only just come onto their radar and if he carrys on as is he will get a U21 call up in no time!

47 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He's on a massive upcurve, he's gone from nowhere to being considered first team material for us in a matter of months. N'Golo Kante wasn't anywhere near any France squad and then BANG.  Likewise Mahrez with Algeria. It happens. 

As ive said, the impact he's making at all levels is hard and fast.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's on a massive upcurve, he's gone from nowhere to being considered first team material for us in a matter of months. N'Golo Kante wasn't anywhere near any France squad and then BANG.  Likewise Mahrez with Algeria. It happens. 

As ive said, the impact he's making at all levels is hard and fast.

Just How I like it

1 hour ago, foxes21 said:

We aren't getting Sigurdsson.

So maybe Barnes is worth a shot?

Probably the most important position for us at the minuet. If we stick with Barnes, he has to hit the ground running, assists & goals. If he does not and we have to revert back to okazaki, we are in deep trouble. (That's if Okazaki dosent leave) 

Edited by AmarteyAndChill
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Probably the most important position for us at the minuet. If we stick with Barnes, he has to hit the ground running, assists & goals. If he does not and we have to revert back to okazaki, we are in deep trouble. (That's if Okazaki dosent leave) 

Have to agree. I'd love to see Barnes making it his position, but it would probably heap unnecessary pressure on him to drop him in this early. Better to introduce him gradually and see how he does.

That means we still need a Shinji upgrade.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Have to agree. I'd love to see Barnes making it his position, but it would probably heap unnecessary pressure on him to drop him in this early. Better to introduce him gradually and see how he does.

That means we still need a Shinji upgrade.

Can you imagine the melt down if Barnes isn't quite good enough (to be expected due to his age) and we haven't signed a CAM in the Window? 

Edited by AmarteyAndChill

42 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

I mean, we did win the league with Okazaki not that long ago... And I wouldn't say he's regressed much (if at all) since then.

Taking a punt on Barnes and then - if it doesn't work - Okazaki instead should be good enough for a top-8 finish, which is realistically where we'll be looking this season. We've got Lawrence who can play CAM too. I wouldn't say we'd necessarily be in trouble.

We can certainly improve on Shinji, however, and hopefully Barnes has the potential to be that improvement.

24 minutes ago, Xen said:

I mean, we did win the league with Okazaki not that long ago... And I wouldn't say he's regressed much (if at all) since then.

Taking a punt on Barnes and then - if it doesn't work - Okazaki instead should be good enough for a top-8 finish, which is realistically where we'll be looking this season. We've got Lawrence who can play CAM too. I wouldn't say we'd necessarily be in trouble.

We can certainly improve on Shinji, however, and hopefully Barnes has the potential to be that improvement.

We won't finish 8th with Shinji. 

16 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

We won't finish 8th with Shinji. 

Why not? We won it with him.

And 8th is hardly unattainable with Shinji in the squad. We were 2 points behind Southampton this year, despite the fact that the whole team was utter dog muck for most of the season, and we were on the beach for the last few weeks.

Like I say, we can definitely improve on Shinji and we should look to do so, but its not a disaster if we have to carry on with him 'til January.

• Like 3

Just now, Xen said:

Why not? We won it with him.

And 8th is hardly unattainable with Shinji in the squad. We were 2 points behind Southampton this year, despite the fact that the whole team was utter dog muck for most of the season, and we were on the beach for the last few weeks.

Like I say, we can definitely improve on Shinji and we should look to do so, but its not a disaster if we have to carry on with him 'til January.

Because having Shinji in the side means Vardy & Mahrez will have to score plenty of goals. Need a CAM who will chip in with a few goals and get regular assists. Okazaki suits our 'Rush football' as all he has to do is run and cover space. I think it's important we get a improvement in. 

• Like 1