Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Harvey Barnes

10 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

I'm curious as to which tournament squad has the better ranked players for England right now.

The U-20 World Cup Squad that just made it into the finals or the Toulon Tournament Squad.  Both squads players are in the same age range.

The World Cup should have the better players but Toulon is U21 so the extra year is relevant. I expect there are players in Korea who would have been in Toulon

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

That link claims he's joining Blackpool on loan, not a chance. I've been told the club class him as first team ready. It'll be an interesting preseason, he seems to take everything in his stride.

No chance he'd go to Blackpool. If he comes back to League 1 (unlikely) I'd be pretty damn sure it would be back to us for a full season with a recall built in (our manager has been speaking with your lot about him coming back).

But saying that, there's pretty much no chance he'll be back on loan to League 1. If he does go on loan, it will be to a reasonable Championship team that will be challenging (I'm thinking someone like Fulham or Reading).

Got a fair chance of being a key part of your first team though as well, and wouldn't be surprised if he gets 10-15+ Prem games next season.

Would love him back here, he seemed to enjoy it.

Edited by MKinPeace
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Siggy is class and has been class for 3/4 seasons now, Barnes has played 1 first team game.

Rudkin will leave us with Barnes when he can't get Sigurdsson.

Hypothetical question: Your Craig Shakespear and have a choice of Andy King or Harvey Barnes, Who do you play?

For me Barnes all day long, he looks fast, intelligent and he's scoring for fun at a decent level, I hope we keep him next season

Chilwell, Gray, and Barnes in the same side the futures bright

On 3 June 2017 at 10:43, Paddy. said:

He's got a good family around him, probably helps that his Dad was a professional footballer so he should be getting good advice.

I played with Paul Barnes at Hinckley when I was 18 and he was about 39 and coming to the end of his career - great guy, very professional and very down to Earth. If Harvey has a similar personality then he should at least have the right mentality to succeed.

My mate knows his dad through work and he says the same thing about his dad and he said Harvey is the same.

• Like 2

Keep saying it, but we need to start bringing these players through, with Ndidi, Barnes, Chillwell and Gray we could have the foundation of a premiership team for years ahead. 

Add to them Lawrence, Amartey and Kapuska..... and other youngsters such as Musake, Choudray, Moore and Nduku (can't spell any of them), the futures bright, the futures blue!

• Like 1