Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Harvey Barnes

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

Why not? We won it with him.

And 8th is hardly unattainable with Shinji in the squad. We were 2 points behind Southampton this year, despite the fact that the whole team was utter dog muck for most of the season, and we were on the beach for the last few weeks.

Like I say, we can definitely improve on Shinji and we should look to do so, but its not a disaster if we have to carry on with him 'til January.

be a bit pissed off if we didn't upgrade Shinji this summer. Zzzzzzzzzz wake me up in August 

3 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Have to agree. I'd love to see Barnes making it his position, but it would probably heap unnecessary pressure on him to drop him in this early. Better to introduce him gradually and see how he does.

That means we still need a Shinji upgrade.

That's about spot on. Sigurdsson, and if we can't get him, Ziyech would be quality. Barnes out on loan to a championship team.

12 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Just going through the videos available for free on the new version of FoxesPlayer.

Watched Leicester U23s tear Spurs U23s a new one. Harvey Barnes at the thick of everything that was good about us.

Scored two but could easily have had two more.

https://beta.lcfc.com/lcfctv/417869

Gordon looks quite good as well, the 2 finishes there as well as the goals at the Hong Kong Soccer 7s are quality and right in the corners. Be interesting to see if he gets a first team game while at the club.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Would love to see him get atleast 20mins at Spurs, Puel seems to like him enough to at least give him some game time.

I was hoping he'd have been given a run during this end to the season where we've very little left to play for. Albrighton has been heinous for weeks, even more so than his usual standards and although Diabate and Gray needed minutes too it would have been good to see him get more than 5 min cameo's. I suppose he still needs to make a name for himself here, his two FA Cup appearances were iffy but many others have gotten game time with far worse input than that. Would be nice to see him get a decent run out on Sunday.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I was hoping he'd have been given a run during this end to the season where we've very little left to play for. Albrighton has been heinous for weeks, even more so than his usual standards and although Diabate and Gray needed minutes too it would have been good to see him get more than 5 min cameo's. I suppose he still needs to make a name for himself here, his two FA Cup appearances were iffy but many others have gotten game time with far worse input than that. Would be nice to see him get a decent run out on Sunday.

I think Puel see him as more of no.10 than a winger, and obviously Puel has been trying to test Iheanacho there as a bigger priority.

Puel can't be at fault for not playing enough youth, but definitely find it hard to believe a player who did semi-decent in the championship hasn't started or had significant game time in the prem since returning to us.

Genuinely think he could solve a lot of problems we have had in the hole behind the striker but he needs some belief shown in him from Puel or whoever.

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

https://www.lcfc.com/tv/783134/barnes-out-to-impress

Not so sure about his method of impressing, spat me tea all over keyboard and monitor when I read and heard him say this in the video

"Definitely, yes. I think it's a good opportunity for all the young lads out there to show the manager the little bits you've got in your game and leave him with a good taste in his mouth."

:blush:

Fjc54zM.jpg

10 hours ago, norwichfox said:

Not so sure about his method of impressing, spat me tea all over keyboard and monitor when I read and heard him say this in the video

"Definitely, yes. I think it's a good opportunity for all the young lads out there to show the manager the little bits you've got in your game and leave him with a good taste in his mouth."

Suppose that's one way of getting in the team lol

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

hope he gets a proper chance this year!

I suspect he will be loaned out to a Championship side until January at least as I don't see him getting too many chances in our 1st team in the first half of the season

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Foxxed said:

He's a creative playmaker. We need creative playmakers. He's got to be the backup for Maddison.

Agreed at 20 YOA, stays and fights for a place.  

4 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Unlikely to get on the bench unless he gets past iheanscho, diabate, gray, Albrignton and possibly Slimani as attacking options. 

He will - if he impresses Puel, that is why he is in France if I am not mistaken.

On 10/07/2018 at 10:10, norwichfox said:

Surprised nobody picked up on the error in translation with regards to the subtitles:

1779000041_HarveyBarnescomes.thumb.png.62b3f42d06ab77fba2af09d31c50f3ab.png

:whistle:

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

So are Eppiah, Knight etc? 

Sorry Pal, we were talking Harvey Barnes who has played for the first Team.  If you think it is fine to loan out the more promising youngsters and fill up the squad with deadwood, then we beg to differ and let us leave it there.

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Agreed at 20 YOA, stays and fights for a place.  

I keep thinking of Vardy's goal of the season. The touch was sublime. But he only made that touch because of the pass, because of the playmaker.

I'm not sure Diabate or Gray are, yet, playmakers. Barnes need to work on becoming a playmaker. From what I've seen his positional sense and game reading allow him to be in the right place at the right time to score, even if he's had a quiet game. I'm not sure if that makes a playmaker. But it's possible. And Puel is the one to give him a chance.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Sorry Pal, we were talking Harvey Barnes who has played for the first Team.  If you think it is fine to loan out the more promising youngsters and fill up the squad with deadwood, then we beg to differ and let us leave it there.

He's going to be behind Iheanacho, Okazaki, Maddison, Gray, Diabate, Albrighton and probably at least one more signing.

He really needs to get out on loan to a Championship side and play a full season. At Barnsley last year he done some really good things but tailed off and never made an impression here when he came back. He needs to prove he can do it consistently for a lower league team and shine over a season, another year here will be a waste for him and he's still a good bit behind the senior players to challenge them. I really don't want to see him waste a season here like he wasted half a season here when he came back prematurely in January.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Gerard said:

He's going to be behind Iheanacho, Okazaki, Maddison, Gray, Diabate, Albrighton and probably at least one more signing.

He really needs to get out on loan to a Championship side and play a full season. At Barnsley last year he done some really good things but tailed off and never made an impression here when he came back. He needs to prove he can do it consistently for a lower league team and shine over a season, another year here will be a waste for him and he's still a good bit behind the senior players to challenge them. I really don't want to see him waste a season here like he wasted half a season here when he came back prematurely in January.

Barnsley had at takeover and lost their manager, they had a completely bizarre sea He's more than good enough for a mid table championship team and he was arguably their best player for the first half of the season. I think he's good enough enough to be in the squad as personally I feel we should look to shift Shinji.

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

You, like me, do not know who he will be behind in 1 months time.  So let us wait and see who is around at the start of the season before farming out our young prospects to fuching Barnsley.  Quite frankly Rudkin has enough on his plate culling the doggo contingent.   BTW - Nearly all the players you mention play in a different position anyway!