Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Harvey Barnes

3 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

If Vardy, Maddison, Diabate and AJ starting, it only leaves 4 attacking players Max on the bench, you'd have thought those would be used up by Slimani, Kelechi, gray and Albrighton. Kapustka won't even get on the bench. What's the point in keeping him so he can play 2 or 3 cup matches. 

I know what you're saying but a couple of injuries and we'd be wanting extra options, that's often why there's always a few younger players left knocking around. I've got a feeling Kapustka could be right up Puel's street and will be given a chance.

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

I’m not sure why we should be negative, he’s improved year on year and is currently able to play to a high level (championship) think what he could do in three years??

Na, he'll be shvt because he came through our youth system as opposed to somebody else's. And anyway, he's young so should be the finished article by 21 to belong here. Everyone knows Leicester players can't improve.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A bit disappointed with how his last year went in all honesty. We recalled him from Barnsley and he barely got a kick for us, and what time he did get he didn't really impress.

A loan out to someone like Swansea would be a good move I reckon.

1 hour ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Would benefit from another loan as would the rest of the developing players.

Be great to see him for example at a well established Northern Championship sleeping giant with higher crowds than we get  ;)

Leeds and Derby have both been quoted as potential loan clubs....but that was before Lampard and Jody Morris arrived so not sure if they will try and tap into Chelsea's young players now.

either way, I would be very surprised if he is not loaned out in next few weeks as another 5 months sitting on the bench or playing for the U23s is not going to massively help his development.....and he shares same agent as Vardy so I don't think Leicester will want to mess him about in view of the Vardy situation.

1 hour ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Leeds and Derby have both been quoted as potential loan clubs....but that was before Lampard and Jody Morris arrived so not sure if they will try and tap into Chelsea's young players now.

either way, I would be very surprised if he is not loaned out in next few weeks as another 5 months sitting on the bench or playing for the U23s is not going to massively help his development.....and he shares same agent as Vardy so I don't think Leicester will want to mess him about in view of the Vardy situation.

Derby are getting Mason Mount I think? Superb talent.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Be further t'north than Derby

On 12/07/2018 at 01:20, Gerard said:

He's going to be behind Iheanacho, Okazaki, Maddison, Gray, Diabate, Albrighton and probably at least one more signing.

He really needs to get out on loan to a Championship side and play a full season. At Barnsley last year he done some really good things but tailed off and never made an impression here when he came back. He needs to prove he can do it consistently for a lower league team and shine over a season, another year here will be a waste for him and he's still a good bit behind the senior players to challenge them. I really don't want to see him waste a season here like he wasted half a season here when he came back prematurely in January.

Puel made him come back, he wanted to stay out on loan.

23 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Derby are getting Mason Mount I think? Superb talent.

Mason Mount is a truly fabulous player.....100% agree 

And im not surprised Jody Morris hasn't wasted any time trying to get him in at Derby as he was worked with Mount for many years at Chelsea.....and will probably do so again if/whenthey BOTH end up back with Chelsea's first team in 2-3 years time 

• Like 1

He should go back out on loan. And that annoys me at the poor decision for him to sometimes get to sit on our bench this spring instead of playing. There are some big games and big clubs in the Championship. Barnes scored against 27k at Hillsborough in a derby and 25k at Carrow road. And he played 8 minutes of premier league football in the spring and a cup game against a league one club. Did we actually want this kid to develop or not?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NewEnglandFox said:

He should go back out on loan. And that annoys me at the poor decision for him to sometimes get to sit on our bench this spring instead of playing. There are some big games and big clubs in the Championship. Barnes scored against 27k at Hillsborough in a derby and 25k at Carrow road. And he played 8 minutes of premier league football in the spring and a cup game against a league one club. Did we actually want this kid to develop or not?

it wasn't his decision we recalled him to try and win PL2, a stupidly short sighted decision as it means nothing

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Wigan, Preston or Norwich City - that's my guess.

Norwich I could see as some sort of gesture after the Maddison deal.

With Wigan we have some sort of connection after the Elder episode.

Preston have aspirations, eyeing the playoffs after finishing 11th (twice) and 7th (last season).

West Brom, Stoke or Swansea would be great alternatives, obviously.

He looked a star prospect last season. But then Hamza jumped frog him much to the surprise of many.

And he missed out on the Toulon tournament this pre season too.

We don't have many creative midfielders but I can't see him getting more than subbed on after the 75th minute.

If he does play for a championship side fighting for promotion it would do the lad a wealth of good.

Edited by Foxxed

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Wigan, Preston or Norwich City - that's my guess.

Norwich I could see as some sort of gesture after the Maddison deal.

With Wigan we have some sort of connection after the Elder episode.

Preston have aspirations, eyeing the playoffs after finishing 11th (twice) and 7th (last season).

West Brom, Stoke or Swansea would be great alternatives, obviously.

In other words you don’t have a frigging clue 

• Like 1