Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Harvey Barnes

Fell free to give me pelters for this :ph34r:, but living 15 minutes away from stadium;mk I take in quite a few MK games when Leicester are playing on a different day, so I got to see a fair bit of Barnes last season. He's a smashing talent and my heart say's it'd be great to get him in and around the first team squad this coming season, but in all honesty I think a year in the Championship would be ideal for him. There is a big step in class between League 1 and the Prem and I don't think he's quite there yet.

That being said, I'd rather take a patient approach and blood him than blow £16m on dross like Musa. Gut is though that another loan would do the lad good.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Fell free to give me pelters for this :ph34r:, but living 15 minutes away from stadium;mk I take in quite a few MK games when Leicester are playing on a different day, so I got to see a fair bit of Barnes last season. He's a smashing talent and my heart say's it'd be great to get him in and around the first team squad this coming season, but in all honesty I think a year in the Championship would be ideal for him. There is a big step in class between League 1 and the Prem and I don't think he's quite there yet.

That being said, I'd rather take a patient approach and blood him than blow £16m on dross like Musa. Gut is though that another loan would do the lad good.

Not disagreeing with you, but there are plenty of examples of 19/20 year old players making an impact in the PL, all be it not in every game.  Keep him here I say.  

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

Not disagreeing with you, but there are plenty of examples of 19/20 year old players making an impact in the PL, all be it not in every game.  Keep him here I say.  

I agree. He doesn't need to play every week. A similar amount of game time as Demarai Gray has had would be fine.

17 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I'd love him to "do a Dele" as it were. It'll be interesting to see how preseason goes. I saw Alli play for MK a fair few times too and never thought he'd be so good, so quickly lol.

Watching some of his performances at the Under 20's, he looks great. Seems to have a brilliant attitude and a love for playing. 

I think Shakey will try to incorporate him into the matchday squad and think he will get a chance or two as sub / in the cup. I think he's in that weird place of being too good / too much potential to send out on loan but not good enough to be first team yet.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

King has lost everything that was so efficient about him in the first place, the ability to ghost in and score a number of goals a season. The rest of his game has always been nothing special which at this level get's exposed even more. Put it this way, Matty James or Andy King? It's a no brainer and I'm not that big a fan of James. King has maximized his career and he's a great story in our history but bar being a half useful squad player we ought to do better. I would hope Mendy isn't held back next season when fit over King.

King will do well to remain a squad player this season but that's convinced me of nothing relating to anyone else. Mendy didn't impress me greatly in what little there was to see before his injury, but serious ankle problems often leave a lasting weakness so I'm only hopeful ,rather than optimistic, on that one.

Barnes will need to adjust and adapt to Premiership football in the face of considerable competition a lot have failed to cross that threshold so I'm not going to be assumptious.

And I don't think there's any more certainty of James returning to his best as a Premiership player so I'll be keeping an open mind on him too and hoping we sign someone proven to have the quality we need.

Anything else then will be a bonus.          

Another thing that's impressed me about Barnes is that for whoever he's played for be it our development squads, MK Dons, the cameo at Porto and the England youth set up he's adapted really quickly and made an instant impact. That doesn't necessarily mean that he could do the same thing for the first team but from the relatively little I've seen I think he could be good enough, even if he's not quite there yet it seems his attitude is spot on and it won't take long to adapt and improve.

• Like 4

On 06/09/2017 at 10:43, mozartfox said:

If possible I'd like to try him in a few games and loan him out again if that'll benefit him better but I don't if that'll fit in the loan player rules.

1 hour ago, dpjfox said:

Its a little confusing Barnes seems to be playing for England 20s in France, yet its also being reported England U20s are in the World Cup final in Korea

Sure I read that Under 20's in Toulon, France, are effectively the Under 18team with a couple of additions and are at the Toulon tournament because the U 20 squad are at the U 20 World Cup in South Korea

Edited by Solihullfox
Spelling
  • Like 1