Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Harvey Barnes

15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Can play anywhere in midfield, he's exactly the sort of player that will fit in here. I'm intrigued by his progress. It's very much strike whilst the iron is hot and I hope we don't hold him back.

Not a chance he'll be a starter next season. Completely delusional to expect it.

28 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Not a chance he'll be a starter next season. Completely delusional to expect it.

Alli wasn't a starter for Spurs season before last until he came on and scored against us. (I know was only game 3!)

the kids pretty much the same age as wilf. We need to decide in August whether we are loaning him out for the season or giving him a chance until  january to stake a claim to be on the bench or starting. 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Alli wasn't a starter for Spurs season before last until he came on and scored against us. (I know was only game 3!)

the kids pretty much the same age as wilf. We need to decide in August whether we are loaning him out for the season or giving him a chance until  january to stake a claim to be on the bench or starting. 

And Alli started as a bench player at Spurs. People are talking about what position he's going to be in our starting eleven FFS. All based on a few games in league one and they haven't even watched him play.

He's got a good family around him, probably helps that his Dad was a professional footballer so he should be getting good advice.

I played with Paul Barnes at Hinckley when I was 18 and he was about 39 and coming to the end of his career - great guy, very professional and very down to Earth. If Harvey has a similar personality then he should at least have the right mentality to succeed.

• Like 3

Just now, gerrytaggart said:

I live in MK and Ive seen this lad play first hand.

Im willing to bet cash that he starts some games for us next season.

£££

I've watched him this season too - he's looked brilliant but I'm not sure yet how that will comparatively stack up in the Prem. Hope he gets in the squad.

Having spoken to someone who works in and around the first team about this lad, he assures me that he has everything needed to be a top class footballer. He is technically superb and is now becoming physically strong, however it is his attitude that sets him apart from some of the others knocking on the door of the first team. Brilliant head on his shoulders, humble and learns very quickly. Compare him to Lawrence, who is clearly gifted but apparently thinks a little too much of himself. Trying to not get too carried away but I believe we have a serious footballer. Whether or not he plays regularly this season will obviously depend on a number of factors such as player signings, manager in charge, formation, etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gerrytaggart said:

I live in MK and Ive seen this lad play first hand.

Im willing to bet cash that he starts some games for us next season.

£££

I'll give £20 to a charity of your choice if he starts more then 10 league games.

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'll give £20 to a charity of your choice if he starts more then 10 league games.

Sounds good, I'm sure if he's loaned out he will start more than 10 league games ???

Edited by thegaffa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

Out of interest anyone know how the MK fans rate him compared to Alli?

I asked the MK fan on here how he compared. Said it was hard to say but that Harvey was the same in that he just looked miles above anyone else.

We need to send Harvey out on a pre season loan to the Chilean league to sort out this debate. If Harvey comes back with a stray manager, a few promising footballers, a couple of assistant managers and a new director of football then that'll be our pre season sorted. Gwon lad!

5 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

I asked the MK fan on here how he compared. Said it was hard to say but that Harvey was the same in that he just looked miles above anyone else.

Sounds promising. If we don't send him on loan to a championship side which would make sense hope we give him a chance. 

So how long before this kid gets linked with the Pool or the Arse. That said nothing would please me more than a couple of our youth products in the first team, may prove to be some competition for all the Africans we seem to be getting linked with!