Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Schlupp on his way

Its been so long since his debut yet he's not really progressed as a player in the slightest - I don't see where this 'potential' is as he's had so long to fulfill it yet he's just stagnated.

£12 Million would be excellent business especially for a player that looks so disinterested.

4 hours ago, Russell sprout said:

Why would you get schlupp on your shirt at xmas when its common knowledge that he was likely to leave in January 

:unsure:

So he would leave of course!! I think technically I got it in the Black Friday sale, so not xmas but it feels like Xmas here in the US. (I call it fake Xmas to annoy people) 

The bottom line is he's never going to play for us regularly and we know he's not really worth 12 million. He's rapid, and unpredictable. He looks exciting when he comes on and he's fun to watch because he's totally unpredictable and other defenders panic. However, any price around 10 million needs accepting and everyone can move on. 

7 minutes ago, ronnup said:

The bottom line is he's never going to play for us regularly and we know he's not really worth 12 million. He's rapid, and unpredictable. He looks exciting when he comes on and he's fun to watch because he's totally unpredictable and other defenders panic. However, any price around 10 million needs accepting and everyone can move on. 

Agree with this, he has only ever had a run, when we have been desperate, for example when Konchesky was a liability, he has only ever been the better of poor options, 12 million quid is a great price for him.

Sad that an academy graduate that went on to win the Premier League with us is treated with utter contempt by Leicester fans.

Shame that Schlupp isn't more than a Premier League relegation scrap/Championship promotion player. He hasn't been able to progress but I'm sure he'll have a long and successful career.

Half of the stick he gets is completely unwarranted and the other half is completely exaggerated. 12m is a good deal for Schlupp. He's got plenty of attributes that will suit a side willing to play to his strengths. He'll do well at West Brom.

Unfortunately my memory of Schlupp will either be his Dusty Hare like attempt on goal against Everton in the opening game of the 2014/15 season or his shocking bemused meandering around at left wing back against the Baggies at the Hawthorns in April 2015. He did however win an extremely significant penalty against West Ham last season in the race to the title, but that owed as much to Jon Moss's incompetence as it did to Jeff's tenacity.

5 hours ago, Gerard said:

If we sell for £12.5m then that's Schlupp and £2.5m for Ndidi and that's great business as Ndidi could be anything.

I listened to the Cup game and saw the picture of the salmon-like leap. I am very excited. But... If Ndidi could be anything, by definition he could be worse than Schlupp. Surely that's not great business?

Agree wholeheartedly on the 'too much is made of "strengthening rivals" comment though. 

£12 mill would be great business, Jeff has all the gear but has little idea, just missing a brain nevermind a football brain. He does best when he doesn't have to think and run at defenders . He can be such a dangerous player. Couple of funny moments always stick with me with Jeff was the ball was high up in the air and he just stopped and point at it, the opposition player just won the ball off him and the funniest of all is when I believe was against West Ham, they were making a substitution, the number 15 went up and he started to sprint to come off and had to be held back by our own player... haha thanks for the memories Jeff 

Me thinks we have all lost perspective on what an even mediocre player costs in the Premiership these days. We have our own examples from the last string of signings pre season. Inflation is even higher in Football and if he goes that's the average price for a player of his stature. 

15 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Me thinks we have all lost perspective on what an even mediocre player costs in the Premiership these days. We have our own examples from the last string of signings pre season. Inflation is even higher in Football and if he goes that's the average price for a player of his stature. 

Watford rejected £25m for deeney. Bolaise also went for £25m. It's ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, Dames said:

Its been so long since his debut yet he's not really progressed as a player in the slightest - I don't see where this 'potential' is as he's had so long to fulfill it yet he's just stagnated.

£12 Million would be excellent business especially for a player that looks so disinterested.

Well it would help if he played in just one position. Hard for him to knuckle down and make a position his own when he keeps on getting switched about...

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

Well it would help if he played in just one position. Hard for him to knuckle down and make a position his own when he keeps on getting switched about...

problem is we've got players, and back up players, in the positions he plays. Now if he decided to reinvent himself as a right back he would get straight in.

19 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

problem is we've got players, and back up players, in the positions he plays. Now if he decided to reinvent himself as a right back he would get straight in.

you're absolutely right. And i agree that its best for him to move on, i just dont buy into the talk that he plays 'crap football'.. I really think he will thrive if he plays just one position and can focus and be coached in just one position... and play regularly in that position...

Archived