Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Schlupp on his way

51 minutes ago, SPF07 said:

Whilst his sale seems inevitable, what I don't understand is our lack of ambition at times. Our achievements last year put us in a position of strength with relation to potential signings and setting us Up for at least the foreseeable future to have a higher level of player.

without doubt we've changed our tact and upped game in the sense of increased value. However, at no stage have we tried to test our competitors resolve in the same way other clubs do. We have the likes of Bournemouth looking at Terry, Wiltshire etc. They may not be the answer but shows potential.

if Jeff has no part to play in the future, why not use him as bait in a swap deal for someone like zaha? Who would undoubtedly be an improvement to our squad. Yes palace probably don't want to sell, but stick Jeff and £15m - £20m under noes and it at least gives them a decision to make, not to mention unsettling the player.

likewise, in the summer when we sold Kante - was the consideration ever present to take the likes of fabregas as part of the deal? Or when arsenal were after Vardy, and Giroud was clearly out of favour? We're unlikely to attract these types of players normally, but when you have sought after players as we do, then it changes what clubs are prepared to offer in exchange. Not to mention we are champions! 

I accept that that only lasts so long but the point is that it concerns me that we didn't even consider. 

Those sort of deals very rarely happen with those standard

of players.  If its cash plus player, the player would be a youth type player not an established player that would command a significant fee.

Our approach to transfers has been quite realistic actually.  As fans its our job to get carried away and think about signing the 'next level' of player.  In reality, the cream of the crop go to Man City or Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool.  After that its Spurs and Everton then a host of clubs which we're a part of but certainly not at the top.

As much as we thought Champions League would be a draw for some players, in reality, that kind of player we all dreamed of wouldnt be wanting to move again the season after when we'd returned to what we are which is a lower/mid table club.

Not really a lack of ambition, just a realism that we as fans are never likely to appreciate.

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

He lost my respect when he could not be bothered at Porto. He gets paid a lot of money to at least look as though he is interested. It cost me a lot of money to watch such a dire performance.

Same here. I'd always defended him before Porto. Was rightly dragged at half time and never played for us again. 

I've come back to apologise if my earlier post was off the mark. I will try to justify my 'reaction' though instead of hide away. I cannot fathom why a professional football club - especially a top flight one - would rate him at £12m. I read someone on Twitter say they wouldn't flog him for a tenner. Clearly I think he should go for a far larger fee than that stupid price tag. Yet, I really have never rated him - even when we were in the lower leagues. Wish him well by all means but I honestly think we can and will do better. Use the fee to get in another strong left sided player with some extra class and then move forward. 

Like many of our fans I've always had a soft spot for Jeff but he's been tried in 3 different positions and failed to hold down a first team place in any of them, £12m is outstanding business for us, god knows what big Sam's seen that warrants that much cash.

Sad to see Jeff go. Will be interested to see how he develops.

Was always devastating down the left on his day, but sadly inconsistent and frustrating. He was excellent at LWB during the great escape and I think that's his best position.

Cant help but think our style of play and Chilwells development has led to him being surplus to requirements.

Good luck Jeffrey!

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

"Premier League winner"

There you go, i've had three.

Gokhan Inler is also a Premier League winner. So is Daniel Amartey. What a pair of Leicester legends.

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

Gokhan Inler is also a Premier League winner. So is Daniel Amartey. What a pair of Leicester legends.

Seriously? Amartey is just a kid. Give the lad sometime and faith and he may well develope into a top player and a lcfc legend. I know he's not a legend at the minute but he deserves a chance. 

Just now, AKCJ said:

Yes, they are.

They've won the Premier League for my club. They're legends.

If Gokhan Inler is a Leicester legend then the word legend has lost all its meaning. Inler wasn't even a great player for us, never mind a legend. 

Defend Schlupp by all means, but calling him a legend is a farce.

1 minute ago, casablancas said:

Seriously? Amartey is just a kid. Give the lad sometime and faith and he may well develope into a top player and a lcfc legend. I know he's not a legend at the minute but he deserves a chance. 

I quite like Amartey. I was just using him as an example.

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

If Gokhan Inler is a Leicester legend then the word legend has lost all its meaning. Inler wasn't even a great player for us, never mind a legend. 

Jeff played a much bigger role than either Inler or Danny Amartey last season. I'm sorry to see him go, good luck to the Schluppinator (except against us)

I remember Fuch's interview after we won the league. He said, if it was't for 23 guys giving it their all everyday in training and pushing eachother to the limit, we wouldn't have won the league. So even though Inler, Amartey or whoever didn't play a lot of games... They still contributed to our success.

'Legend' is a debatable title to give someone, but going off what Fuchs said.. If we didn't have solid pro's on the training pitch like Inler, we may not be sitting here as Champions of England. On and off the pitch, every player contributed to a legendary dream.. Our dream. Our fairytale. Our entire 2015/2016 squad should be given nothing more than respect & calling them legends is giving those players the respect they deserve.

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

I get that ... It's just a lot of players are getting a sh!te load of stick. Some of it justified some unjustified. 

Disappointing end to his career with us, due (I think) to his attitude this season. He clearly felt annoyed that he wasn't considered a starter this season, and the way he dealt with that was to sulk. He was given chances at the start of the season to prove his worth and try to force his way into the starting 11, which I think would have been difficult for him, but not impossible. Unfortunately, he put in some of the worst performances I have ever seen from him and gave Claudio no choice but to look at other options.

Palace is actually a decent move for him, and may help him progress which he wasn't here. I think he will find that he will again not be considered a starter and spend much of his time on the bench for them too. He has incredible pace and strength and can be useful in attack and defence, but has very little composure on the ball and no real footballing intelligence. LB probably his best position long-term. 

If the fee is correct, then that is a great bit of business from us, for a player who is way down our pecking order. Played a bit of hardball, and now getting a decent fee that can be used for improvements elsewhere. 

Archived