Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Schlupp on his way

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Sad that an academy graduate that went on to win the Premier League with us is treated with utter contempt by Leicester fans.

Shame that Schlupp isn't more than a Premier League relegation scrap/Championship promotion player. He hasn't been able to progress but I'm sure he'll have a long and successful career.

Half of the stick he gets is completely unwarranted and the other half is completely exaggerated. 12m is a good deal for Schlupp. He's got plenty of attributes that will suit a side willing to play to his strengths. He'll do well at West Brom.

It's that dreaded hyperbole again. 

People probably just feel £12m is good business, but that's not a flashy enough statement. Ridicule him, tear into him, make jokes and fail to acknowledge positive contributions. That's the way to put a point across these days.

4 hours ago, Max Power said:

His best position is wing back. Full licence to bomb on down the flank all day. Left back he has too much defensive responsibility. Left wing he has to work in tight areas and lacks the technique or craft.

That second half away to West Brom in the great escape he was UNPLAYABLE. Was good in general during that run at the end of the season.

Alot of fans seem to forget this...

15 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

We have Zieler,Kasper,Huth,Simpson,Chilwell,King,Drinky,Gray,Albrighton,Vardy. They all count as home grown? I think we are fine.

Thought there was rule about them coming through our set up too?  

Yeah, just checked and found this:

"[from] Season 2008/09: minimum of eight homegrown players in 25-man squad

• Clubs have no obligation to put a certain number of homegrown players on the field of play, or on the matchsheet. They are entirely free in their team and matchday squad selection.

• UEFA defines locally-trained or 'homegrown' players as those who, regardless of their nationality, have been trained by their club or by another club in the same national association for at least three years between the age of 15 and 21. Up to half of the locally-trained players must be from the club itself, with the others being either from the club itself or from other clubs in the same association"

http://www.uefa.com/news/newsid=943393.html

My favourite Schlupp moment has to be in the 2014/15 season at home against West Ham. 

West Ham substitute & the board goes up with number 15 on it, Schlupp then starts jogging over thinking it's him that's getting replaced. He gets to the centre circle and is stoppped by a couple of our players who have to tell him it's a West Ham change.

5 hours ago, Max Power said:

His best position is wing back. Full licence to bomb on down the flank all day. Left back he has too much defensive responsibility. Left wing he has to work in tight areas and lacks the technique or craft.

That second half away to West Brom in the great escape he was UNPLAYABLE. Was good in general during that run at the end of the season.

My best mate is a West Brom fan. He speaks of that performance - which I only saw highlights of on TV - in terms of awestruck reverence, even now.

I told him in the summer to dampen his enthusiasm as Jeffrey often plays as though he's only been introduced to the sport that very day. Or, if you prefer, as though he's playing in one of those training games designed to make players more comfortable with their 'wrong' foot. So he plays as though he's been told he can only use his left foot today, when it's abundantly clear he must be right footed.

Because no professional footballer's 'best' foot could be a bad as Jeff's left, could it?

I've loved him, loathed him, been exasperated by him. I gave up on him finally in Porto.

There is no chance, literally less than 5,000 to 1, of him becoming a consistently good Premier League player. An impact sub, maybe. Would you want your club paying £12m for an impact sub (who often won't have an impact)?

So long Jeff, and good luck.

26 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

My favourite Schlupp moment has to be in the 2014/15 season at home against West Ham. 

West Ham substitute & the board goes up with number 15 on it, Schlupp then starts jogging over thinking it's him that's getting replaced. He gets to the centre circle and is stoppped by a couple of our players who have to tell him it's a West Ham change.

I remember in the early parts of that season he was demolishing the opposition with his titanium skull.

Must have forced a substitute in 3/4 games in the space of a month.

38 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Thought there was rule about them coming through our set up

Yes. Currently, we only have a 23-Man squad (Chilwell and Barnes don't count towards it). If Schlupp leaves, it is 22. Even though Ndidi is only 20, he must take a spot, since he hasn't been with the squad for two years. UEFA rewards teams that promote from their academies...

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

He's going to score a hat-trick when he plays against us isnt he? :(

Whilst i normally fear this when we sell a player, in this case it is fairly unlikely!

People treat Schlupp the same way Arsenal fans treated Eboue. Bit of a joke figure. They're both also equally frustrating to watch. It's all fun ad games where Schlupp looks confuses but it isn't fun when he puts in shocking displays like Chelsea away for example. He's looked disinterested and lazy too often this season. He clearly looks like he doesn't wanna be here. The feeling is mutual Jeffrey. 

He's a player who's had flashes of brilliance but ultimately just not good enough. I hope he has a nice career elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

People treat Schlupp the same way Arsenal fans treated Eboue. Bit of a joke figure. They're both also equally frustrating to watch. It's all fun ad games where Schlupp looks confuses but it isn't fun when he puts in shocking displays like Chelsea away for example. He's looked disinterested and lazy too often this season. He clearly looks like he doesn't wanna be here. The feeling is mutual Jeffrey. 

He's a player who's had flashes of brilliance but ultimately just not good enough. I hope he has a nice career elsewhere.

His perfomance vs Porto away was one of the most disgraceful performances I've seen from a professional footballer.

The market is crazy currently. Players who aren't even getting games and demonstrating their talent are having their value still increase or hold steady at best. Surely 12 million is crazy for a lad who can't get on our bench and turns it on for 20mins every couple of months.

Current Football transfers are like the bloody London property market - bonkers!!

20 hours ago, MPH said:

I have watched every home and away game for the last two seasons and didnt miss many in our promotion season and the season before that  and i can quite categorically say this is not true. He's no world beater. Not by a long shot.. But he definitely has the potential to grow as a player...

He's had that potential since he broke into the squad, the only improvement that he has made is his defensive support.

His touch is borderline criminal, his work ethic is shy (have you seen Claudio berating him on the sideline?) and his shooting is Robert Huth-freekick-esq!

I wanted Jeff to be a success, he has the physical attributes to be a game-winner, unfortunately he has the football intelligence of a child.

1 minute ago, Bamba's Babes said:

He's had that potential since he broke into the squad, the only improvement that he has made is his defensive support.

His touch is borderline criminal, his work ethic is shy (have you seen Claudio berating him on the sideline?) and his shooting is Robert Huth-freekick-esq!

I wanted Jeff to be a success, he has the physical attributes to be a game-winner, unfortunately he has the football intelligence of a child.

I've been an ardent supporter of Schlupp and at the start of the 2015/16 when Fuchs arrived I was hoped he didn't take Jeff's place as I thought he had great potential. He was a player who was 22 years old, quick, strong, lots of stamina and I hoped he would become a modern day full back with those attributes.. I wanted him to learn on the job how to play left back and then incorporate his attacking prowess into his role.

Alas he never kicked on and when a player has potential and youth on his side you can forgive them. Getting on for up to two years later he hasn't progressed and made a position in the team his own. He's now 24 and although sometimes it can still just "click" you can't keep waiting. Vardy was a late bloomer but he learned on the job and there was progression every season. Schlupp has been here an age and has stagnated, it's time he was let go for the good of him and Leicester City.

Archived